• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Obscure players and memories

16006-zoom.jpg

Willem Korsten

I was there when he scored two against United! Haha, pretty much the only thing he did in a Spurs shirt.

Ah, Simon Davies. One of the few players on that team that was quite easy to like, in my opinion. :)

Is Nicky Barmby obscure? I remember seeing him on my first trip to the Lane as a kid and thinking he was a great player.

Mabizela was another who was meant to be the greatest player to ever come out of South Africa, but actually was said to be stealing a living by Robbie Keane as he could barely control a football (rumours). Still managed this though.

Aside from that, does anyone remember those two trialists we had play for us one summer during a pre-season tour?? I cannot remember their names (I think one began with a B), only how very average they were.

We picked up Mabizela after a tour of South Africa in which he really impressed in a game against us. That goal was pretty much the only thing he did for us.

Anyone remember this lad signed for us at 16 and made his debue same age, really good player but had to compete with a young Hoddle.

Anyone remember this lad signed for us at 16 and made his debue same age, really good player but had to compete with a young Hoddle.

Neil McNab. Amazingly, I was at his debut game for us --- in the reserves (I was not a regular attendee and cannot recollect why I went on that occasion). I remember that he did an outrageous bit of skill which brought a cheer from the miniscule crowd and a thumbs up appreciation from the player. And I noted that he was in the team for the 9-0 win, another game I attended. A lot further for me to go to games these days!

a pigeon stayed on the pitch and was running up and down the pitch, the crowd started cheering it on each time it got in the Norwich half, until Terry Naylor ran up to it and kicked it into the East stand, feathers everywhere.

Favourite other club :eek:

Sorry, but I hate brick like that. What a complete clam.

And I’d have said that as well for the naming of Arsenal as his favourite team!

Sorry, but I hate brick like that. What a complete clam.

And I’d have said that as well for the naming of Arsenal as his favourite team!

He was working as a meat porter at Smithfield market when we signed him when he was 21, built like a brick brick house and players used to bounce of him. He actually played a lot of games for us during the 70's.

I always had really high hopes for this guy.. Thought his signing was a great show of intent from the club.

Don't think he was utilised in the correct way by Redkneck either. Would have been great under AVB or Poch. Proper little player on his day.

I was at that game......................... rednappers would never pick him!

Actually with regard to the pigeon kicking incident it was Ray Evans who liked the pigeon and in fact Terry Naylor carried it off.

Back