• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Objective market value of footballers

Here's their values according to transfermarkt:

Soldado £26.5m
Lamela £20m
Vertonghen £19.5m
Dembele £17.5m
Eriksen £16m
Lloris £15.5m
Walker £15m
Sandro £15m
Lennon £15m
Capoue £11.5m
Paulinho £10.5m
Kaboul £10m
Adebayor £8.8m
Holtby £7.9m
Chadli £7m
Chiriches £7m
Dawson £7m
Sigurdsson £7m
Defoe £7m
Rose £6.2m
Naughton £4.8m
Gomes £875k
Friedel £875k
Townsend £875k

Not sure what happened to Townsend lol, I guess his value will shoot up soon.

Here's the top 60

Big-5-most-%C2%A3-players-1.6.13.jpg

The first thing I take from that is another confirmation that we really need to stop stalking the Liverpool scouts and start stalking Dortmund's.

The first thing I take from that is another confirmation that we really need to stop stalking the Liverpool scouts and start stalking Dortmund's.

Maybe they're turning a corner, I'm sure we'd all welcome Coutinho and Sturridge into our team.

Mildly off topic. It's generally all a steaming pile of festering turd. £300k a week. :ross:

It is funny how if you wear a suit and earn £300k a year, perhaps employ 200 people you are inherently evil but pull on a tracksuit and take that home a week you are lauded. Funny old game.

Isn't that because he's on a longer contract? And the fact that his team have been winning stuff lately?

yes, you're right. still to think that messi is worth that much is just crazy, and it can't be a price because no team would ever pay that amount today.

Then that makes sense. Barca could say to Ronaldo "Why not come to us? You'll have a good chance of winning everything" whereas Real cannot currently say the same to Messi.

Not sure if i miss your point here, but surely if Messi was going to Real they'd be favourites to win everything. Not only would they have Ronaldo, Messi and Bale, but Barca would be without Messi.. So in that sense Real could say to Messi, come to us, we'd win everything.

Not sure if i miss your point here, but surely if Messi was going to Real they'd be favourites to win everything. Not only would they have Ronaldo, Messi and Bale, but Barca would be without Messi.. So in that sense Real could say to Messi, come to us, we'd win everything.

As the more successful team Barca are the ones more likely to be able to prise away players than Real. The difference is smaller, but in the same way Real can take players from us, recent success suggests that Barca could take players from Real. This may not actually be the case for some players, but it's a useful metric.

that's because the market pays for potential, not just past performance.

Real painted themselves into a corner with Bale. It was a willy waving competition with Barca which they made public and that pushed the price up.

Back