• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T U21 European Championship

last night's England game
436_4839111422257_1286833630_n.jpg

sign in the right reads "Israeli Tottenham supporters" on top

Thiago is so good to watch, just something about him!! maybe it's the fact he's an Italian born Brazilian playing for Spain!! He has it all.

Illaramendi is the man . I rarely watch this season Real Sociedad game although i know they are playing some good football. Now i understand why they rate this kid .

I've always liked the look of that Koke from Atletico Madrid. Hope he comes on in the second half. But man what a team! de Gea, Thiago, Isco, Tello, Muniain..

Think they should bring in a extra CM . Too many bad passes and not good enough decisions in the final third. Despite this is U-21 , i was expecting much than what they have shown in the first 45mins, this is Spain.

Prob best to give up on England until major changes are made like in Germany after the Euro 2000 debacle. The golden generation of Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand and Rooney couldn't reach one semi-final. I doubt that will change with the next generation.

How does Pearce keep onto the job btw? Awful tactics last night

Holtby Wins the germans a penalty, Germany now trailing 2-1 vs the Dutch. The dutch were brilliant 1st half, Maher looks like a real prospect

Holtby Wins the germans a penalty, Germany now trailing 2-1 vs the Dutch. The dutch were brilliant 1st half, Maher looks like a real prospect

Holtby just equalised - beautiful solo goal.....

Hmmmm - hoping he really develops into the centre mid that can run things for us..

Prob best to give up on England until major changes are made like in Germany after the Euro 2000 debacle. The golden generation of Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand and Rooney couldn't reach one semi-final. I doubt that will change with the next generation.

How does Pearce keep onto the job btw? Awful tactics last night

To me it seems like the FA care more about getting high profile players into coaching than developing good coaches.

I just wish Hoddle got a job again. Love listening to him. One of the few English coaches I take seriously.
England were great to watch under him.

3-2 Leroy Fer. Always sweet to beat the Germans :lol:

Tonight, Holtby has really shown the intelligent and crisp passing/distribution that we all heard about when we signed him. Is this because he currently feels more settled in the German team and the role he is playing? I hope that the more he settles at Spurs the more of this we will see of him.

Tonight, Holtby has really shown the intelligent and crisp passing/distribution that we all heard about when we signed him. Is this because he currently feels more settled in the German team and the role he is playing? I hope that the more he settles at Spurs the more of this we will see of him.

he was here for 6 months in and out of the team - wait till he has a proper preseason under his belt and gets a bit more used to the english game -

remember modrics first season in the premier league?

His movement between the lines was indeed great

I've just seen a replay of the winning Dutch goal and there were 9 German players (not including the keeper) in the box and not ONE of them lifted a foot off the ground when the cross came in! [-(

Edit: Holtby was on the 18yd line so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt! ;)

Played the 2nd half behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation

Germany started the game with 2 big static forwards who were useless. Brought on smaller guys later and that helped.

Back