• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

I'm glad. It's just a friendly and it means it doesn't risk Defoe getting injured. Hopefully Richards starts at right back too, deserves it.

He has picked Fraizer Campbell over Defoe. Not sure what more is there to add, mate

it really isnt such a big deal, and im sure Redknapp is very happy that Defoe is back at the lodge training hard ahead of the Utd game. Tbh i wish Walker and Parker were doing the same.

On another note, Saha is back in the France squad:

France squad

Goalkeepers: Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux), Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille)

Defenders: Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Philippe Mexes (AC Milan), Adil Rami (Valencia), Anthony Reveillere (Lyon), Mamadou Sakho (Paris St Germain)

Midfielders: Morgan Amalfitano (Marseille), Yohan Cabaye (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Alou Diarra (Marseille), Yann M'Vila (Stade Rennes), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Samir Nasri (Emirates Marketing Project), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille)

Forwards: Kevin Gameiro (PSG), Olivier Giroud (Montpellier), Jeremy Menez (PSG), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Louis Saha (Tottenham Hotspur)

No Kaboul?

To be fair Dawson, Huddlestone and Lennon have all had injury interrupted seasons, while you'd only ever pick King for the tournament itself.

Lennon should have been in with Walker and Parker, but Dawson probably doesn't deserve a place at this moment in time.

What has Jones done that Dawson hasnt ? Apart from hoof the ball ? Both been injured = check. Both known the the odd gaff = check. Both fairly average defenders = check. Has to be down to who you play for.

What has Jones done that Dawson hasnt ? Apart from hoof the ball ? Both been injured = check. Both known the the odd gaff = check. Both fairly average defenders = check. Has to be down to who you play for.

:ross:

Glad its only Walker and Parker. Didnt even want them picked.

All we need is another pointless friendly to injure one of them for the run in

He has picked Fraizer Campbell over Defoe. Not sure what more is there to add, mate

Defoe's a lot older than the 5 forwards picked. This would be his last international tournament and he's never really broken into the national team despite being in contention for more than a decade.

He's now also 4th choice for us and won't get much game time for the rest of the season unless we get injuries.

Basically, he's already 7th in the England pecking order and is unlikely to rise up it

Pearce also knows and I guess trusts Campbell from the U21s and the experience might do him good.

Not saying I agree (as I said, I'd have pick Zamora or Carroll over both because we need another big forward in the squad), just trying to guess what Pearce is thinking.

Defoe's a lot older than the 5 forwards picked. This would be his last international tournament and he's never really broken into the national team despite being in contention for more than a decade.

He's now also 4th choice for us and won't get much game time for the rest of the season unless we get injuries.

Basically, he's already 7th in the England pecking order and is unlikely to rise up it

Pearce also knows and I guess trusts Campbell from the U21s and the experience might do him good.

Not saying I agree (as I said, I'd have pick Zamora or Carroll over both because we need another big forward in the squad), just trying to guess what Pearce is thinking.

Defoe should go to the Euros without question. He has outscored most of his competition in the league with a fraction of the playing time. But the most crucial reason for him going is that after every international tournament the England manager and players always complain that our players were all too tired after a long and tough Premiership season. Well here is a player who's been rested all season and will be more fresh than anyone else, AND is better than all of them except Sturridge and Rooney! We have to take him.

Defoe missed out on Euro 2004, then once Rooney got injured we couldn't score. Defoe missed out on the 2006 World Cup, we struggled to beat Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago and Ecuador before going out against the first decent team we faced. Defoe was on the bench for the first two games of the 2010 World Cup and we were brick against USA and Algeria, before he was picked against Slovenia and scored the winner. If he'd scored in either of those other two games, we'd have played Ghana in the second round instead of Germany, then Uruguay in the quarter-finals. Who knows what could have happened.

Whoever is in charge of England in May....please don't make the same mistake again.

Do not give a fraction of a brick about England. Pleased for Parker and Walker to get caps, pleased that other players won't get injured. Win win.

Just saw Saha has been called up for France but Kaboul was not I assume that is because of injuries because he has been immense

Ridiculously unbalanced squad
3 centre halfs - Gary Cahill , Phil Jones , Chris Smalling
3 right backs - Glen Johnson, Micah Richards , Kyle Walker

Retarded selection by a retarded man.

Picking richards (who thoroughly deserved a call up) is just a token gesture because you just know Johnson will start. 3 right backs? What an idiot.

Walcott and downing but not Lennon? :ross: the guy is twice the player of both of them combined.

Campbell, bent and Welbeck but no defoe? That certainly takes the retread biscuit.

All he needs to do now is make Gerrard the captain. Dont know why i was optimistic over pearce, he was the same man who stuck by michael mancienne in the U21 euros...

Back