• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Mancini "I am the best manager in England"

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Emirates Marketing Project: I'm the best manager in England - Roberto Mancini

Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini says he is currently "the best manager in England" and is not facing the sack.

City are out of European competition and face a battle to retain their Premier League title, with Manchester United currently 12 points clear.

They are in the FA Cup quarter-finals but former City player Danny Mills has suggested Mancini will be replaced at the end of the season.

"In the last 15 months I am the best manager in England," said Mancini.

Mancini took over at Emirates Marketing Project in December 2009, replacing Mark Hughes.

In his first full season in charge, the Italian led his side to third in the Premier League and Champions League qualification.

Last season Emirates Marketing Project closed an eight-point gap on United to win their first Premier League title with a dramatic 3-2 final day win over Queen's Park Rangers.

But this season his side have been left behind by United in the league and they also exited the Champions League at the group stage, finishing bottom of Group D and failing to win a match which also meant they failed to qualify for the Europa League.

There has been some restructuring behind the scenes this season, with former Barcelona technical director Txiki Begiristain appointed as director of football and speculation about Mancini's future has been growing.

Reports linked former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola to Mancini's job, but the Spaniard has joined Bayern Munich. Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho, who last week said his next job would be in the Premier League, is now being touted as a possible replacement for Mancini.

After Sunday's 4-0 FA Cup victory over Leeds, Mancini said: "Someone says for six months that Emirates Marketing Project would change manager, Guardiola would come in, and after Guardiola went to Bayern Munich, now another manager.

"I won one Premier League, one FA Cup, one charity shield, there is not another manager that's won like me in the last 15 months.

"I can do nothing but it is the reality."

Meanwhile, Mancini feels Sergio Aguero is key to reviving their Premier League title hopes after the Argentine scored twice in City's fifth-round win against Leeds.

"I hope Sergio will be like this until the end of the season," said Mancini.

"If Sergio is like this and our strikers continue to score a lot of goals from now until the end, the championship is not finished."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21492663

:ross:

You could give Mike Bassett the money that Mancini has had and he would still win the league.
What an egotistical knobhead he is.

Heres a list of a few managers off the top of my head who has done better in the previous 15 months IMO;
- Nigel Adkins (Maybe longer than 15 months with the back to back promotions..)
- Steve Bruce (At Hull)
- AVB (Of course!)
- David Moyes
- Michael Laudrup

You could give Mike Bassett the money that Mancini has had and he would still win the league.

Heres a list of a few managers off the top of my head who has done better in the previous 15 months IMO;
- Steve Bruce (At Hull)
- AVB (Of course!)
- David Moyes
- Michael Laudrup

Add Fergie to that list.

Mancini isn't even the best manager in the city he manages in.

If ever there was a case for a "Let Laugh At City" thread.

Mancini comes up with embarrassing self-serving statements all the time, but this takes the biscuit. City won the league despite Mancini - they were in a strong position, dropped away, and needed a miracle. He develops feuds with players (Tevez skipping half the season) and Balotelli (a nutcase but worth babying the way Fergie does with valuable players). nothing is ever his fault.

Whatever we think of Mansour's affect on competitive football, I think it fair to say he wants the club to look dignified, to represent his family and country. Mancini is crossing the line and not producing. Someone like Abramovich will take any PR hit for the right result, but I don't think Mansour will. The problem is that Guardiola, a dignified persion, has opted for Bayern, while Mourinho seems to defy the ethos he wants. I love the idea of Mourinho challenging Fergie across Manchester but can't see that happening.

Di Matteo won a CL and Mancini has 2 miserable group stage failures!

Compare our CL attempt with 'Arry with far less resources.

This season was tough, but only a bit tougher than ours. Spanish Champions v Italian Champions, Dutch Champions, and a German team. They had Real but we had the reigning CL champions. They had the harder group as they had the German winners versus third(?), but they finished last without a win, while we won the group and went on to beat AC Milan. With City's resources, surely something similar is the least expectation.

His CL record with Inter doesn't help his case.

What a stupid thing for Mancini to say. I can think of a billion reasons why City won the league, and Mankini isn't one of them. For the money they spent they should be running away with the league every season.

- Steve Bruce (At Hull)
- AVB (Of course!)
- David Moyes
- Michael Laudrup

It's not as easy as that, it's not championship manager. Of course it makes it easier but doesn't guarantee success.

Also interesting that you choose to name a load of managers who have won sod all between them compared to someone who has won the league and FA Cup in the same period. Exceeding expectations at a smaller club and winning things at a bigger club with bigger expectations and pressure are two different things altogether.

I don't agree with what Mancini said either....

Don't take it out of context! He said that the last two seasons he has been the best manager in England because he has won one FA Cup, one Premier League and one Charity Shield. Sure, he's well and truly fudged us over this season, but at least give the quotes some context! They at least look credible, then.

I suspect this is going to now become a City-bashing thread, so come on boys, throw it at me.

He's only just the second best manager in Manchester!

But there are only two… oh, I see what you did there!
Kind of a moot point though, isn't it? Put any team next to United and they will always have the second best manager.

He's only just the second best manager in Manchester!

Third! Oldham have had a great cup run. I reckon that just slips Mancini down in the pecking order.

Edit: D'oh! just remembered paul dingdongov has left. Mancini is back to second by default.

Third! Oldham have had a great cup run. I reckon that just slips Mancini down in the pecking order.

Edit: D'oh! just remembered paul dingdongov has left. Mancini is back to second by default.

Fourth, David Platt could do a better job. Not even the best manager at his club.

With Di Matteo, Dario Gradi, Di Canio and Zola in the mix, he's probably not even the best Italian manager in England

Well, excuse me for saying so, Roberto, and it's a personal view, but I don't think the best managers will tend to get themselves photographed brawling with their playing staff on the training pitch, generally speaking.

Well, excuse me for saying so, Roberto, and it's a personal view, but I don't think the best managers will tend to get themselves photographed brawling with their playing staff on the training pitch, generally speaking.

David Beckham disagrees with you.

Back