• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Bolton sack boss Owen Coyle

First thing I thought of was how he was flavour of the month on here a while back.. he was in the batch of promising managers before Lambert and Rodgers etc.. It's weird how quickly things change in football!
One minute he's being praised for getting Bolton to start playing the ball on the ground and the next he's at the bottom of the Championship!

Who'd be a manager huh?

First thing I thought of was how he was flavour of the month on here a while back.. he was in the batch of promising managers before Lambert and Rodgers etc.. It's weird how quickly things change in football!
One minute he's being praised for getting Bolton to start playing the ball on the ground and the next he's at the bottom of the Championship!

Who'd be a manager huh?

I always had a strong 6th sense against both Rodgers and Lambert while some posters were throwing them in as no.1 Arry successor. I know it's early days by my fudge, did we dodge a bullet.

I always had a strong 6th sense against both Rodgers and Lambert while some posters were throwing them in as no.1 Arry successor. I know it's early days by my fudge, did we dodge a bullet.

i remember that very well, and I also remember that we were the only 2 saying that they were utter brick.

i remember that very well, and I also remember that we were the only 2 saying that they were utter brick.

Managing some no-pressure newly relegated nothing-to-play-for sides into a few consecutive wins against bottom 5 opponents is completely different to what Abi B has/had achieved.

Glad Levy saw the light!

Who'd be a manager huh?

Just desserts for Coyle imo. I was so dissapointed for Burnley that he left them in the lurch, I reckon they had a decent chance of staying up if he hadn't derailed them in that way.

I often wonder why managers seem to jump ship at the first opportunity. Perhaps a little more time building the reputation with the club that gave the opportunity would pay long-term benefits.

Take Owen Coyle. Would he have been better off staying at Burnley and perhaps establishing them as a PL side?

You can ask the same of Rodgers and Lambert. If they are as good as reputation says, they wouldn't be throwing away a once in the life-time opportunity, they would get plenty of offers. I suppose neither will ruin their reputation as the same mangers get recycled endlessly.

Say what you like about Allardyce and Hughes (and I'm sure many of you will), they had Bolton and Blackburn punching above their weight (or wage bill) for at least five years before they decided to move on and try their luck elsewhere. How ironic that the chicken people sacked Allardyce at Blackburn when he was exactly what they needed.

Hughes next to go for me. In approx 13 days time after a home defeat to Everton leaves them with 2pts from 8 games.
Next game Arsenal away....sound familiar?

I often wonder why managers seem to jump ship at the first opportunity. Perhaps a little more time building the reputation with the club that gave the opportunity would pay long-term benefits.

Take Owen Coyle. Would he have been better off staying at Burnley and perhaps establishing them as a PL side?

You can ask the same of Rodgers and Lambert. If they are as good as reputation says, they wouldn't be throwing away a once in the life-time opportunity, they would get plenty of offers. I suppose neither will ruin their reputation as the same mangers get recycled endlessly.

Say what you like about Allardyce and Hughes (and I'm sure many of you will), they had Bolton and Blackburn punching above their weight (or wage bill) for at least five years before they decided to move on and try their luck elsewhere. How ironic that the chicken people sacked Allardyce at Blackburn when he was exactly what they needed.

From the outside looking in it seems to be one of two things or a mix of the two:

1) Money
2) They are scared that they will not be able to keep their current club up a second season and want to jump whilst their stock is high

Either way, it is dissapointing that nobody seems up to the challenge of taking the club they spent so long building into a Premiership team and sticking with them for a few seasons to see how far they can go.

Bolton sack boss Owen Coyle

Blimey, that was close. Think I mentioned earlier, I was at a wedding last saturday where the groom was a lifelong Bolton fan, and currently works for the FA.

His bride managed to get a framed, personal letter from Coyle and Kevin Davies as a present, and we were all laughing saying how we were worried Coyle would be sacked before the wedding :)

Shame!!

Back