• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

What about a chief exec and a manager?

Or Chairman and Manager?

Or Chairman/Manager/Cheif exec/Head scout quango?

How do you suppose most clubs actually operate these days?

We already have Levy doing the negotiating. No one will be much better than him. My problem with DoF is that no club in this country has made it work. Scouting should be done with scouts reporting to the manager.

Former England boss Fabio Capello could make a lightning return to management if he is appointed manager of Anzhi Makhachkala. The Italian is in Russia for talks with the club

Harry Redknapp would try to entice Paul Scholes, 37, out of international retirement if he were to land the England job

He was very naive at the weekend in matching Spurs with a 4-4-2 despite having both Tiote and Cabaye out, but at least he has confidence in his team trying to come and get a win instead of getting everyone behind the ball and trying to nick a 0-0. I think he'll do well with Saudi Sportswashing Machine over the next few years though.

And he actually admits when he fudges up! I'm amazed about his proud honesty and impressed by the results he has displayed over the course of the season.

Mancini did it too but the impression you got was because he thought the opponents would be easy! :D

Yeah good post match interview from him cause he said something nice about us. He would have been a taco otherwise.

There's always the Alex McLeish way of looking at things (on yesterdays game against City):

Bad luck

"I thought the game plan was excellent but the players were unlucky," McLeish told Sky Sports HD1.

"We're getting a lot of luck at the moment but it's all bad. Richard (Dunne) has hurt his shoulder, today we played young (Gary) Gardner in central midfield, we lost Ciaran Clark yesterday and he is going to be out for a few weeks with a knee ligament strain.

"I thought the guys gave us absolutely everything tonight you can't fault them, their effort was brilliant and the Villa fans stayed right behind us for the entire game and I thought we were very unlucky not to get anything.

"We must stop the errors, there is no doubt about that. We have had errors in recent games at home and we have been punished for every little error, so that's been a problem, so if we can cut that out.

"I thought tonight the discipline of the team was magnificent, one lapse in concentration but we are playing against a quality side who are vying with Manchester United for the title.

"You gave yourself a good account that's the least you can ask for and I felt the players were unlucky in the final moments."

Abysmal

The defeat was Villa's sixth home loss in the Premier League and McLeish admitted their home record is 'pretty abysmal'.

"Our home record is pretty abysmal," continued McLeish.

"I'm disappointed with that because I pride myself in my managerial career with home performances and the current one is not good enough.

"Performance level was pretty decent but the discipline and work-rate of the players was exemplary"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/7516607/McLeish-rues-Villa-s-luck

Am I in a minority thinking that Pardew has done really well with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, not just Sky-obvious well in being high in the table, but actually doing real good work there? Not good enough for England or for me to want him at Spurs at this point. But certainly doing well enough that he deserves plaudits and maybe even a note as possibly being a future England or top team manager.

Their transfer business has been really good, he's put together a team that plays a system that works, where all the players work their socks off for him and the club. I even think he's dealing with Ben Arfa quite well. He's gotten a lot out of players like Taylor, Williamson, Coloccini, Simpson, Gutierrez, Guthrie now and previously players like Carroll and Barton. He seems to be building a team and squad that can do something in the future.

See no reason to think that he wouldn't have done at least as well as Daglish at Liverpool or Wenger at Arsenal in the last 12-18 months with their resources and squads.

Harry Redknapp wants Paul Scholes at Euro 2012

BBC Sport

Harry Redknapp believes Manchester United veteran Paul Scholes should be included in England's Euro 2012 squad.

Redknapp, favourite to take the England manager's job vacated by Italian Fabio Capello, likened the 37-year-old to Barcelona pair Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

"You'd love to have Paul Scholes in the Euros," the Tottenham boss said.

"He'd be in your team, he's that good. He plays like a Spaniard, he can play like Xavi and Iniesta. He doesn't give the ball away."

.... (continues)

FFS!! I thought he was "focused on Tottenham"?

At least there's a chance that this view will put the FA off from offering him the job.

First of all, he was probably answering direct journalist questions. Something like "Who do you think England should be picking in midfield this summer?" I highly doubt he just picked up the phone, called the newspaper and asked to be transferred through to one of their sports journalists and gave the quote.

Secondly, I completely agree with him. Scholes was crap for England in his last couple of years in the squad under Eriksson, but I think in the deeper Xavi role like he's been playing for Man Utd this season then he's got something to offer, as he's still by far the best technical midfielder we've got in terms of controlling the ball and picking out a pass.

-------------------Parker-----------Scholes-------------------
--------------------------Wheelchair----------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
-------Sturridge-----------Rooney----------Oxlade-Chamberlain

This is our best hope of success this summer.

The way Scholes has been consistently overlooked for England throughout his entire career has been a disgrace. How he only played 66 games and the likes of Gerrard and Lampard got 90 odd appearences each is baffling, and even when he did play he was being shoehorned in to the team on the left half the time.

First of all, he was probably answering direct journalist questions. Something like "Who do you think England should be picking in midfield this summer?" I highly doubt he just picked up the phone, called the newspaper and asked to be transferred through to one of their sports journalists and gave the quote.

Secondly, I completely agree with him. Scholes was crap for England in his last couple of years in the squad under Eriksson, but I think in the deeper Xavi role like he's been playing for Man Utd this season then he's got something to offer, as he's still by far the best technical midfielder we've got in terms of controlling the ball and picking out a pass.

-------------------Parker-----------Scholes-------------------
--------------------------Wheelchair----------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
-------Sturridge-----------Rooney----------Oxlade-Chamberlain

This is our best hope of success this summer.

Chamberlain and whilshere are good but i wouldnt start them. Sturridge wouldnt be on my team either.

------------Hart

Richards-Terry-Ferdinand-baines (walker-jones-king-ash cole as subs)

------Parker---Scholes (barry and carrick as subs)

Milner-- Gerrard--Young (adam johnson and chamberlain as subs)

---- Rooney (sturridge, defoe, bent as subs)

Chamberlain and whilshere are good but i wouldnt start them. Sturridge wouldnt be on my team either.

------------Hart

Richards-Terry-Ferdinand-baines (walker-jones-king-ash cole as subs)

------Parker---Scholes (barry and carrick as subs)

Milner-- Gerrard--Young (adam johnson and chamberlain as subs)

---- Rooney (sturridge, defoe, bent as subs)

Do you realise how slow and pedestrian that team would be?

Back