• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

It went very badly wrong.

But I don't think that that was necessarily predictable. It certainly wasn't inevitable.

For the first few months under Ramos, we played some outstanding football. I remember a 1-1 draw against Man Utd when they equalized in the final minute. WE absolutely shat on them for the remainder of the game. By far the best performance we've had against that lot over the past ten years - or more.

So I wouldn't say that it was a disasterous appointment. Rather, it was an understandable appointment that, for whatever reason, didn't work out. It happens.

I agree

imo

I do wonder if we'd even had had that little crisis under Jol if we hadn't been courting Ramos. Human psychology is a strange thing, and quite often when players know that a Manager is leaving (and it was obvious as soon as the Ramos meeting took place that Jol was out the door) the form of the team goes down the bricker.

The meeting with Ramos was partly prompted by Jol's earlier meeting with Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Kemsley, among others, never forgave him for it. Nor did they trust him.

Bloody hell, youve got a good memory. He refused to play him didnt he? Jol was the one who started using him

He did refuse to play him, which kind of proves that it was a good thing he left so early in his reign as Carrick was the fulcrum that lead us to 5th the following season. Anyone who didn't want Carrick at the club clearly was a footballing dunce 8-[

Shame Brooking isn't interested, the guy's actually got a bit of talent as a manager (from what I've seen).

Bollox.

I think I am the best fan. Maybe there will be an award for this next year?

An absolute shoe in for that award!!

No one can even come close.....you are like the Scott Parker of GG, bleed for the shirt and all that.

I salute you! :)

I don't think that was the case. Jol and Levy were having problems BEFORE Jol went to Saudi Sportswashing Machine for a job interview. I also think Jol's interview was mere posturing trying to get Levy to do the right thing, which was offer him a proper contract. It could well be that Levy never forgave him, but in truth Levy probably never forgave Jol for being Arnesen's boy.

when Harry takes the England job, Mourinho takes the Spurs job, Wenger takes the Madrid job

when Harry takes the England job, Mourinho takes the Arsenal job, Wenger takes the Madrid job, Levy ends up getting in someone in with 1 hour left on transfer deadline day.

Back