• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

We as fans need to sing Harry's name this weekend. Losing him now would be a travesty. Benitez, Moyes, Martinez, Coyle et al can tinkle off. Redknapp is our manager!

...hate to say it, but to me, it still sounded like a Harry goodbye speech outside Southwark yesterday!!

BTW, anyone hear the 'rumour' that Harry's absence from the Liverpool game was nothing to do with planes... but him and a few select Spurs directors were instead where no one would think to look for them; Bernstein's office in WEMBLEY STADIUM!!

I missed you, mate :lol:

"I don't know anything about the England job. I've not even thought about it," he told Sky Sports News on Thursday morning.

"I've got a job to do, I've got a big game on Saturday with Tottenham. Tottenham is my focus.

"They've been fantastic to me, the Tottenham people. The fans last week at the Wigan game, it was incredible the reception they gave me.

"It wouldn't be right to them to focus on anything else but Tottenham. My only interest is Tottenham Hotspur.

"They (the Football Association) will make whatever decision they want to make and hopefully it will be the right decision for the country."

Funny how the tabloids arent as quick to plaster this everywhere though eh?

"I don't know anything about the England job. I've not even thought about it," he told Sky Sports News on Thursday morning.

"I've got a job to do, I've got a big game on Saturday with Tottenham. Tottenham is my focus.

"They've been fantastic to me, the Tottenham people. The fans last week at the Wigan game, it was incredible the reception they gave me.

"It wouldn't be right to them to focus on anything else but Tottenham. My only interest is Tottenham Hotspur.

"They (the Football Association) will make whatever decision they want to make and hopefully it will be the right decision for the country."

Funny how the tabloids arent as quick to plaster this everywhere though eh?

Thing is the tabloids can focus on reporting the tweets of Ferdinand and Rooney, never mind the fact they are two players from a club we are just behind in the league. The whole thing as been a disgrace.

Those are all defenders actually

Point is - why do you insist on painting Feliani as some kind of a flop and failure when clearly he hasn't been anywhere near that?

I did nothing of the kind. I pointed out that Moyes had spent a lot of money on one player, when he could have used that money to buy three others who moved in the same window. Kompany started out as defensive midfielder, by the way, before being switched to the back by City. Zabaleta can play across the midfield (and has done so on several occasions for them), and Valero is a fine playmaker. Not a defender, though I can see that his performances at West Brom might have confused things a little. ;) Overall, I guess what I'm trying to say is this; A club like Everton, with a barely serviceable debt and the bankers hovering over their every transaction, need to spend wisely. With a bit of judicious spending, they could have plugged three positions instead of one and really made a push for a top four spot. Instead, Moyes spent a shed-load of money on Fellaini, who does much the same job as Rodwell anyway. The result is that they're a weaker side now, even if they have a good player in Fellaini. So if Moyes can't really use the money he has at Everton to strengthen his squad as a whole, I'm not sure I feel safe with him in charge of our transfer budget, especially when we'll soon have to cut back on spending anyway due to the costs of the hopefully imminent stadium kicking in.

Ferguson doesnt have Man U fans calling him a saggy faced theiving c#nt.
You seem to know all about the figures....only 300 was it? When did you count them?

you started it with the "large number " quote.....so whats your large number then

its a MINORITY who are and always have been against Redknapp, at the grounds, on talkradio, on messageboards. He knows it, any sane fan knows it. I dont understand what your agenda is in making a mountain out of a molehill.

He has done a great job and an overwhelming MAJORITY of fans are and have been super appreciative.

Thinking back, if only they had gone and bought Kompany, Zabaleta and Valero in that summer of 2008...(incidentally, these aren't just random names I picked up, by the way; all three players were linked with Everton at some point during that window)

Howard

Coleman Kompany Heitinga Zabaleta

Rodwell

Valero Arteta

Pienaar Bilyaltedinov

Saha

That's some team...

I missed you, mate :lol:

haw haw...

BTW, i'm also hearing we'll have a MANAGEMENT DREAM-TEAM set up for next season; Michael Jackson, Princess Di and Elvis are being brought out of hibernation for their interviews as we speak!!

Benitez?
WTF seriously?
Did any of you ever try to watch his Liverpool team play?
Turgid defensive boring football playing the percentages with 9 men behind the ball and 2 attacking players.
He's a more glamorous Sam Allardyce.

Tottenham Hotspur have a tradition of attacking football.
Even Levy and his commercial people are trying to use this as a brand http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15017076
There's no way Benitez fits with any of this. IT would jus tbe George fudging Graham and Santani all over again.

Benitez is never a Tottenham manager and even suggesting this you have to question your knowledge of either Tottenham's history and tradition, or the way Benitiez's teams play football.

He has done a great job and an overwhelming MAJORITY of fans are and have been super appreciative.

Every team's message board have assewipes constantly slating their manager. You only need too look at Red Cafe, Bluemoon - Mancini OUT merged, Arse Mania, etc for 5 minutes and realise that.

Those however are NOT representative of the general population and always ignored when forming sample pool for any meaningful opinion.

haw haw...

BTW, i'm also hearing we'll have a MANAGEMENT DREAM-TEAM set up for next season; Michael Jackson, Princess Di and Elvis are being brought out of hibernation for their interviews as we speak!!

We'd also bid for Gary Neville, Les Ferdinand and Dean Windass

It was tongue in cheek but most certainly isn't rubbish, imv

The FA undermines their manager's authority months before a major tournament by dealing with one of his players without consenting him first. I'd say any self-respecting manager should have done the same. Imagine Levy selling someone without consulting Arry first.

Fcuk this media flimflam circus anyway which commences few days before each tournament and never takes a rest until the next humiliating defeat. I see no reasons whatsoever for Capello to have resigned if Terry wasn't involved with his trial and the subsequent loss of captaincy. Unless Ferdinand was in ot in it and initatied the whole cycle - in order to give Capello reason to walk. 1882's kind of consipracy :D

What I mean is that this has nothing to do with Terry. They have wanted Cappello out, Cappello has wanted out - for some time. Its been as plain as day.

The whole Terry episode was no more than an excuse to facilitate the move

you started it with the "large number " quote.....so whats your large number then

its a MINORITY who are and always have been against Redknapp, at the grounds, on talkradio, on messageboards. He knows it, any sane fan knows it. I dont understand what your agenda is in making a mountain out of a molehill.

If I take a cross section of all the Spurs fans I have contact with, then a large number have not been as supportive of Redknapp, as they would, say, if Jol taken us this far.

Im not going to drag this out. Im not pointing fingers. As a whole, the support to Redknapp has been (as Dubaispur put it) luke warm.

He mentioned the Wigan game, so to say it doesnt make a difference to him is off the mark. I think vocal support and appreciation helps. If you think that Redknapp has felt as wanted here as SAF or Wenger have (your examples), then I respectfully disagree.

What I mean is that this has nothing to do with Terry. They have wanted Cappello out, Cappello has wanted out - for some time. Its been as plain as day.

Even after he came out and openly criticised their decision to strip Terry? It has quite a bit to do with Terry, imv. Equivalent of charimen picking transfers without consulting managers - Exhibit A - Torres

Don't think so - he's not some unknown clogger. Manager who's achieved tremendous lot has some self-respect and decided to do the right thing

Thing is the tabloids can focus on reporting the tweets of Ferdinand and Rooney, never mind the fact they are two players from a club we are just behind in the league. The whole thing as been a disgrace.

Its blatant tapping up, and the media have acted shamefully

Exactly and now they have to get the Terry issue solved before Redknapp takes over.
So Pearce will be managing for the Holland game under instructions not to include Terry in his squad.

Back