• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

I'mma start a one man campaign to get Bilic in, think he could do a genuinely good job for England. Can you poach other country's managers?

They won't go for Redknapp, it will be Stuart Pearce/Southgate. The Fa have been training both of them up with view to becoming potential england managers in the future; just like the liverpool "bootroom" style of appointment. The FA will want a yesman to back what they say and in either one of these men they have it. Of course they were right to get rid of Terry as Captain. You can bet what happened is that Capello gave them an ultimatum; appoint Terry as captain again or I will resign; and to the FA's credit they never backed down. How the heck Capello didn't see that we would lose all credibility as a nation that is at the forefront of anti racism campaigns can ever have Terry as captain i'll never know.

The FA are spineless dingdongs and will go with the popular choice, that has to be Harry.

That aside, Harry is IMO the best candidate anyway - the obvious man for the job.

@steff and markysimmo :- surprised you two are calm like this.

redknapp has said over and over again that if he was offered the england job he would take it. england have no manager literally on the same day harry is found innocent. Harry is the best english man for the job, the FA said they would like to go English next

even if harry does stay till end of the season his focus will be split surely. One mind on the euros and various factors to prepare for it and the other seeing off a great season for us

How is any of the factual events happening today good for us in a broad view? (harry innocent plus capello resigning. individually good news but together bad news)

I don't believe Capelli resigned on his own. He must have been asked to go. After getting his team into a major tournament, don't think any manager will resign before the tournament unless forced to do it.

The prospect of managing in Euro2012 must be a real temptation for any manager. Don't think Redknapp or any other manager will say no if offered the chance.

BBB = Bring Back Burkinshaw

or

Verry Tennibles
or how about;

fudge off leave 'arry alone, wouldn't swap him for anyone

Talksport last night discussed the possibility of Venables coming in as a one-off for the Euros and then a new man takes over

I think they are due to nip this in the bud pretty quick, nobody wants the circus that will ensue.

I actually think there is more to the fact harry wasnt at the 'pool game, maybe negotiating a new england contract!

@steff and markysimmo :- surprised you two are calm like this.

redknapp has said over and over again that if he was offered the england job he would take it. england have no manager literally on the same day harry is found innocent. Harry is the best english man for the job, the FA said they would like to go English next

even if harry does stay till end of the season his focus will be split surely. One mind on the euros and various factors to prepare for it and the other seeing off a great season for us

How is any of the factual events happening today good for us in a broad view? (harry innocent plus capello resigning. individually good news but together bad news)

Absolutely. Redknapp is old school, he sees the job as a high honour, I really cant see him turning it down and I would be amazed if they asked anyone else.

Im not entirely sure his efforts would be divided to much if he were to take it in the summer, the England team and squad virtually picks itself

I think they are due to nip this in the bud pretty quick, nobody wants the circus that will ensue.

I actually think there is more to the fact harry wasnt at the 'pool game, maybe negotiating a new england contract!

hahahaha your a total bell-end if you believe that

We have to hope the FA agree to letting Arry balance both jobs. If they offer him the job and insist he has to take over immediately then he's 1000000000% off. fudge you John terry you piece Of brick.

I would like to think they would have the respect to not pursue Harry until after the euros - Maybe get Hiddink in as caretaker and have a job swap in the summer, Harry to takeover England and Guus to come in at Spurs?

That would be an ideal scenario for me but I can't see it happening. I think Harry will stay to the end of the season regardless but the circus surrounding all this could be problematic.

^This. Harry's hardly been able to get a rest with all that trial nonsense and now he has this looming over his head. I really don't want more distractions because I don't know how the players/staff will react now to this news.

I don't believe Capelli resigned on his own. He must have been asked to go. After getting his team into a major tournament, don't think any manager will resign before the tournament unless forced to do it.

The prospect of managing in Euro2012 must be a real temptation for any manager. Don't think Redknapp or any other manager will say no if offered the chance.

Not that Im one for conspiracy, but the timing seems a little interesting - harry gets the all clear in the afternoon and Capello is gone that same evening...

Before this broke I said in another thread that Levy should have already been looking at candidates to prepare if Harry chooses to leave. Lets hope he already has if Redknapp ups sticks and leaves before the Euros.

How about..

Redknapp -> England
Mourinho -> Spurs
Capello -> Real Madrid

FA HEAD OF ELITE DEVELOPMENT GARETH SOUTHGATE
"I would imagine that the likely solution is that Stuart Pearce will be in temporary charge, because he is in the building and with the under 21s. But you have to think for the summer, can you get the person you want for the longer term? Because the leading candidates are with clubs at the minute.

"Harry Redknapp is one of leading candidates. But Tottenham will have something to say about that and Daniel Levy is not going to want Harry to leave without a fight, so there's an awful lot to work out in the next few weeks."

So in conclusion, pay for our stadium and you can have Harry.

Back