• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I know you have an irrational hatred of the Argentinian, but what have those two produced.... other than flattering to deceive with runs that result in practically nothing
It’s not irrational, it’s based on watching him play for Spurs and constantly have such little impact on the game. The other two aren’t great but they are a lot better than Lo Celso.

Would like to see him start players in their proper position. Kane on the left? Dele repeatedly in a midfield 3, when it doesn't work?
Lo Celso on the right of a front three? The players worked hard in the first half, but ffs if he can't see the players that aren't working when played in the wrong position.
I know it's still early days but his team selections have been shocking from day one.

At least we lost in a different way.

This is the first different thing I've seen Nuno do since he started managing in the Premier League.

He has gone from having 0% chance of succeeding here to 5%

We looked so much better with a front 3 of Moura, Bergwijn and Son. One would think adding Kane would improve that front three.

The MBS combination is more mobile and their pace puts the fear of GHod in someone.
Kane is too slow to play like we did against City. And yesterday he looked like he was phoning it in to me. I didn't think he'd do that because of scoring records, but I think we've got another Eriksen situation.

I agree... was not inferring playing him wide right. Though I do see an opportunity for him on the right of a 4-2-3-1 (as opposed to a 4-3-3) coming in on his preferred left foot and Royal overlapping on the right.
I think he could play in either role on the right or in the centre. But playing those wider attacking roles would require an actual attacking full back as a right back. Someone like Aurier, but preferably better.

I don't think Nuno sees that as a preferred position for GLC at all. Just down to Moura and Bergwijn both being out, Gil seen as not ready yet for this game at least.

Nuno even wanted to add Traore, don't think there's any real worry that Nuno sees GLC wide right with Emerson as the full back as a viable solution with more players fit.

But he isn't, is he? If we file Palace as an aberration, what else has he done wrong? Won his first three league matches and gave probably the best team in Europe a scare for 45 minutes before the game reverted to type when his counterpart could look at a bench with a market value probably greater that than our whole squad put together, if you take away Kane and Son. It's fine wanting the best. It's ridiculous and almost pathetic to have irrational expectations and then blame other when they don't come to pass....
What I've said before I stick by. I wanted to see more progress in key areas of deficiency when attacking. Creating chances outside of counter attacks and set pieces. Against teams in a low or medium block, and playing through or at least dealing with a high press.

We tried that more against Chelsea, but found it difficult. That's fine in isolation imo.

We're still in the early days, he's had a difficult preseason and start to the season in more ways than one. I would have wanted to see more progress in our buildup play and patterns/ideas against a high press.

Had we tried more of that earlier we might have been further along when we tried that against Chelsea. But the focus has quite obviously been on defending and counter attacking. Understandable, but would have wanted more in other areas.

We're trying though, we're not sticking with the sit back and counter attack approach. Good news. Keep it up, would have wanted more and earlier, but hey. One step at the time.

Then there are some individual decisions (Including Palace) . What I'll give Nuno is that he doesn't seem to make the same
mistake twice, though he seems to stick with things in games when we're struggling a bit longer than I personally would have wanted.

We looked so much better with a front 3 of Moura, Bergwijn and Son. One would think adding Kane would improve that front three.

The MBS combination is more mobile and their pace puts the fear of GHod in someone.

If we're going to play on the counter perhaps. But most of the team, if we're aiming to be top half rather than bottom half, we wont be

My concern is "the need to be compact before we score" (paraphrased) methodology. If you don't or can't, you are 1-0 down and chasing a game which might be closed out and leave yourself open to a counter.

We've got the tools upfront, and enough youth in our team to press high and chase a lead from the off - you're not going to concede a goal if the opponents can't get out of their half.

First half was OK, and the transition from back to front was quick and purposeful, second half was polar opposite - horrible to watch. If a team are trying to press back on us we seem to shrink and have no gonad*s for fight, to be brave. We drop further and further back and end up hoofing the ball for them to have another go until the inevitable.

Play higher at the back, condense the midfield, not the back line and use the width with pace it's not rocket salad is it?

My concern is "the need to be compact before we score" (paraphrased) methodology. If you don't or can't, you are 1-0 down and chasing a game which might be closed out and leave yourself open to a counter.

We've got the tools upfront, and enough youth in our team to press high and chase a lead from the off - you're not going to concede a goal if the opponents can't get out of their half.

First half was OK, and the transition from back to front was quick and purposeful, second half was polar opposite - horrible to watch. If a team are trying to press back on us we seem to shrink and have no gonad*s for fight, to be brave. We drop further and further back and end up hoofing the ball for them to have another go until the inevitable.

Play higher at the back, condense the midfield, not the back line and use the width with pace it's not rocket salad is it?
I don’t agree
Unless we have fully fit attack we don’t have the tools up front
It was why we couldn’t change things with only one attacking option on the bench in Gil and the kid Dane
Chelsea’s bench was worth about £200m
That’s depth and availability
Quite scary

I don’t agree
Unless we have fully fit attack we don’t have the tools up front
It was why we couldn’t change things with only one attacking option on the bench in Gil and the kid Dane
Chelsea’s bench was worth about £200m
That’s depth and availability
Quite scary

So having Son, Kane, NDombele, Lo Celso and Dele isn't potent? Ignoring the width of Royal and Reggy.

Not having that.

It's tactical. There's a way to play this game and at the moment we are not doing it.

So having Son, Kane, NDombele, Lo Celso and Dele isn't potent? Ignoring the width of Royal and Reggy.

Not having that.

It's tactical. There's a way to play this game and at the moment we are not doing it.
No it’s not I’m afraid
2 how scorers and not much else there
Ndom, dele and Lo Celso probably haven’t racked up 10 goals between them in the last 24 months

We're going to have to disagree then mate.

If you use a screwdriver as a hammer, that nail ain't going in the wall.

Back