• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Tuchel changed the game in the second half, which NES didn't react to at all. But, even if he had wanted to...what could he really do? We had Skipp and Gil to bring on against their subs in Kante and Werner. Come on, it's not fair to expect miracles from the guy.

Let's just get through September - Nuno will have games more suited to his level after that in some of the mid-table teams, and I'd expect him to do better there.
What a sad state of affairs it is that this is the way we're talking about our team.

What a sad state of affairs it is that this is the way we're talking about our team.

I agree, but there's no sense getting heated about it. This is the path our wonderful owners have chosen for us, and enough Spurs fans feel okay about it to make large-scale protests and unrest against them unfeasible.

All we can do is lower our expectations to NES's level - I expect him to be better than mid-table, as he was with Wolves, and that's about it. Saves me stress. :)

....and replaced by...?

Lets see whether he learns from today and picks a similar starting 11 next week and each week thereafter. Judge him in 2022, but its going to be a long season.

We're going to need to spend some bucks in the coming weeks given we're lacking creativity and guile in midfield and up front

He should never have been appointed in the first place. Is it merely coincidence that Nuno Espírito Santo like Mourinho is one of those on Mendes’ books? Mourinho himself should never have been appointed, I said as much at the time.

In fairness to Nuno (and I’ve not been impressed with what I’ve seen). He’s been dealt an incredibly brick hand.

Owners, DOF, Manager, players. Everyone is accountable at the moment.

I felt that he shot himself in the foot today. Greta first half but then when TN ran out of puff, he bought in Skipp to leave us with zero creativity in midfield and the problem midfield from the first 4 games. GLC wasnt playing brilliantly, but moving him there made more sense as its his natural position, and he can pass a ball

I felt that he shot himself in the foot today. Greta first half but then when TN ran out of puff, he bought in Skipp to leave us with zero creativity in midfield and the problem midfield from the first 4 games. GLC wasnt playing brilliantly, but moving him there made more sense as its his natural position, and he can pass a ball

Ok... who did you expect him to bring on except for Gil - who you may have noticed actually replaced Ndombele....

GLC was shot by 60 minutes and playing him anywhere would have had the same result.

I was kinda surprised by the la k of intensity from the team too. Usually it would be a heated match between the teams. We should have got more in Chelsea’s faces, much like in the battle of Stamford Bridge but today was very calm by comparison.

Ok... who did you expect him to bring on except for Gil - who you may have noticed actually replaced Ndombele....

GLC was shot by 60 minutes and playing him anywhere would have had the same result.

I did notice thank you. GLC didnt look shot to me. I'd have moved him to TN's role and Gil RW

I did notice thank you. GLC didnt look shot to me. I'd have moved him to TN's role and Gil RW

I doubt he touched the ball more than a couple of times between the 46 and 60 minute...

But then I guess you could assess his physical state better than the team of professionals on the touchline :eek:

Dont really have an opinion on Nuno yet, apart from the city game we have just been a patchwork of indecision. There is something wrong with the team, they just arnt playing for each other. Dont know if there is a manager anywhere that can sort out this rabble. But Nuno has to, soon, or else he will be gone before the end of the season. Next 3 games need some big performances from the team or else the rot will take hold and he could be gone sooner... is it the players not performing for the manager or the manager confusing the players?

Dont really have an opinion on Nuno yet, apart from the city game we have just been a patchwork of indecision. There is something wrong with the team, they just arnt playing for each other. Dont know if there is a manager anywhere that can sort out this rabble. But Nuno has to, soon, or else he will be gone before the end of the season. Next 3 games need some big performances from the team or else the rot will take hold and he could be gone sooner... is it the players not performing for the manager or the manager confusing the players?

I think he needs to pick pound pegs in round holes. THere's enough good players at the club to be 6th-8th.

His line-up today was very good, and he needs to stick with that. When TN isnt available though or goes off, he needs to change to 4-2-3-1 as we dont have the right midfielders to play 4-3-3 without Ndombele

GLC didn’t look ‘shot’ replace the o with an i and that’s what he looked to me. One of the most ineffective games I have ever seen from a Spurs player.

Considering that analysis comes with an opinion that Alli has a good game..... mmmmmm :eek:

At the very least, he would have had an assist if Son was able to properly control his excellent through ball in the first half

Considering that analysis comes with an opinion that Alli has a good game..... mmmmmm :eek:

At the very least, he would have had an assist if Son was able to properly control his excellent through ball in the first half
He was completely freed up from defensive responsibility giving Chelsea a constant overload on our RHS and despite that he contributed almost nothing to our attacking game. He isn’t a good enough player to play for. Spurs IMO.

6 PL games before the November international break are:

- Arsenal (a)
- Villa (h)
- Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a)
- Spammers (a)
- Man U (h)
- Everton (a)

Maybe 7-8 points so we're on 16-17 after 11 games....possibly around 9th/10th in the table....?

If I was Nuno I'd play the reserves on Wed and it might be a blessing if we lose to remove some games from the calendar. Then also rotate as much as he dares in the ECL. We dont have the squad to compete on all fronts and its the league form and position which will decide his future

Back