• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Noisy neighbours

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
No this isn’t another thread about Emirates Marketing Project. A year ago, our next door neighbour died from cancer. She was 83 and a lovely lady who me and my wife both really liked and we helped each other out whenever we could. We live in a semi-detached house and the walls are very thin, but she was the model neighbour and barely made a peep except, we could hear her tv and phone ringing of course but besides that nothing.

Fast forward a year and the new neighbours are a bloody nightmare! A family of five with 3 young children around 1-5 years old. They constantly scream and shout even at half 6 in the morning and the parents never police it. To make things worse, they never leave the house. The dad goes to work around 4pm and gets home at 11 ish, we think he’s a delivery driver with those hours so it’s down to the mum to look after them when he’s not around. They moved in about 5 weeks ago, I went over and introduced myself at the weekend and asked them how they were settling in, if they need anything etc like using our bins as we’re only a 2 person household. I also politely asked if they could be mindful of the noise as we both work from home and it can be distracting. They seemed to take it well and I was firm but polite. Granted it’s only been a couple of days since I had a chat with them but the noise levels haven’t gone down at all. I don’t want to complain to the council as we will have to disclose it when we come to sell. Is there anything else I can do or does anyone have similar experience with this? I’ve considered contacting the citizens advice bureau but we probably need to give it more time. We do both accept there will be times when it is noisy as they have 3 young children but the noise is excessive at times and constant so we get no respite except when they go to bed. Is it asking too much for them to tell their children not to be so loud?

Discreetly call social services, say you seen them touching the kids. brick on the windscreen of their cars.

You got to out crazy the crazy.

Give them a clip for the first 2:40 of GHod Bless America and mention that they are slowly driving you towards the same :)

Tell them you want to take them all to West Ham games next season.

They’ll soon move out

No this isn’t another thread about Emirates Marketing Project. A year ago, our next door neighbour died from cancer. She was 83 and a lovely lady who me and my wife both really liked and we helped each other out whenever we could. We live in a semi-detached house and the walls are very thin, but she was the model neighbour and barely made a peep except, we could hear her tv and phone ringing of course but besides that nothing.

Fast forward a year and the new neighbours are a bloody nightmare! A family of five with 3 young children around 1-5 years old. They constantly scream and shout even at half 6 in the morning and the parents never police it. To make things worse, they never leave the house. The dad goes to work around 4pm and gets home at 11 ish, we think he’s a delivery driver with those hours so it’s down to the mum to look after them when he’s not around. They moved in about 5 weeks ago, I went over and introduced myself at the weekend and asked them how they were settling in, if they need anything etc like using our bins as we’re only a 2 person household. I also politely asked if they could be mindful of the noise as we both work from home and it can be distracting. They seemed to take it well and I was firm but polite. Granted it’s only been a couple of days since I had a chat with them but the noise levels haven’t gone down at all. I don’t want to complain to the council as we will have to disclose it when we come to sell. Is there anything else I can do or does anyone have similar experience with this? I’ve considered contacting the citizens advice bureau but we probably need to give it more time. We do both accept there will be times when it is noisy as they have 3 young children but the noise is excessive at times and constant so we get no respite except when they go to bed. Is it asking too much for them to tell their children not to be so loud?
Not helpful....but these are the breaks I'm afraid.

What I would say is be very careful how you approach any parents with 3 kids under 5.

Not helpful....but these are the breaks I'm afraid.

What I would say is be very careful how you approach any parents with 3 kids under 5.

I spoke to the dad (I was very careful to knock on the door when I knew he was in as I didn’t want to knock when the mother was there alone like I was picking on her) and for what it’s worth he was ok when I mentioned it was loud at times and we both work from home. We accept it’s going to be loud at times but the mum never tells them off, at least we never hear her. We’ve heard the dad tell them off when they’ve been too loud first thing in the morning.

If she's looking after 3 kids aged 1-5 she will be on the absolute brink of going nuclear; she might present as sane, but inside she is thinking of weapons, destruction, running away and despair.
The noise will probably not get better for another 18 years, so you may need to get rid of them or move house.

I spoke to the dad (I was very careful to knock on the door when I knew he was in as I didn’t want to knock when the mother was there alone like I was picking on her) and for what it’s worth he was ok when I mentioned it was loud at times and we both work from home. We accept it’s going to be loud at times but the mum never tells them off, at least we never hear her. We’ve heard the dad tell them off when they’ve been too loud first thing in the morning.
They sound perfectly reasonable mate. I’d not interfere and would very much mind my own business.

If she's looking after 3 kids aged 1-5 she will be on the absolute brink of going nuclear; she might present as sane, but inside she is thinking of weapons, destruction, running away and despair.
The noise will probably not get better for another 18 years, so you may need to get rid of them or move house.
Don't forget that if they've had 3 kids in such quick succession they're clearly poor at both decision making and learning lessons too.

It's such a change in your environment and difficult to come to terms with after a quiet neighbour, it will get better particularly when the kids go to school, you will spend a lot of time throwing balls back over the fence.

Back