• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Rugby World Cup thread?

I don't understand rucks. Your on the floor with the ball and suddenly you have both teams surrond you like you're a gimp at a huge gay orgy even though you give the ball to your team anyway? I don't mind Rugby but have never understood that rule.

Its a tactical thing. The opposition can't touch the ball or they would be offside, so draw some opposition players in and disguise how and where the ball is going (or when close enough try and get over for the try).

I guess the football equivalent would be a free kick as you get to jostle the defence and control where your attack is going.

I love rugby and think it is a great game. I also agree with @scaramanga in that the crowd is less full of clams. You can sit in amongst the opposition and not have to worry about what will happen. You can engage in conversation with the opposition and the crowd are more up for it. I love the fact that the crowd is patriotic (singing the national anthem at full volume) but doesn't let it get too aggressive.

I also have more respect for rugby players than I do footballers. No diving, no aggro towards the ref, competitive and respect for the opposition. I also think Twickenham is an amazing stadium.

I love rugby and think it is a great game. I also agree with @scaramanga in that the crowd is less full of clams. You can sit in amongst the opposition and not have to worry about what will happen. You can engage in conversation with the opposition and the crowd are more up for it.
This is the biggest difference by far. I went to one of the last (or maybe the last?) matches at Cardiff Arms Park - Wales vs Australia.

Like any good Englishman, I consider both teams to be nothing more than a pile of clam (criminals marginally worse than the peasants), but was able to sit amongst both fans and tell them precisely why their teams were clams without anything more than some gentle tinkletaking coming back.

I actually think and believe we will win today. I am going to the game so I bloody well hope so! I actually think we are going to top the group. If we beat the Aussies, they will go through on the basis of 4 tries against Uruguay and we got the bonus point against Fiji. The aussies or the welsh will need to get 4 tries against each other to overtake us, which is unlikely.

That's why this game is huge. If we win, we could actually end up topping the group!

That's why if you're going to bet on an England win today, I'd also put the same money on England topping the group. Far better value in the latter.

And this is why I shouldn't lump on non football events like these silly clams. fudging pricks honestly.

The convicts are just so fast at the break down...we knew they would be but its bloody impressive nether the less.

We're not playing well but who the fudge chose that ref?

I've seen far better at the local park.

If we can score next, we've got half a chance. Just got to get some momentum, get the crowd up and see if Aussies start bottling it. Clutching at straws, but it's not over yet.

Back