• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No penalties all season... Wtf?

Crab.C.Nesbitt

Gheorge Popescu
Sorry if already discussed in one of the other threads but I couldn't see anything about this stat. Sickening stuff imo, considering those two stonewall penalties yesterday and at least one other game, but can't remember which, in where bale got booked instead of being awarded a blatant penalty!

I think manure got at least 9 by the comparison, and are there any stats available for arsenal, and Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project?

I posted in the match thread that the incompetence of officials in this league is shocking. Mariner was in an awful position for the foul on Bale and made a guess that he dived.

Yesterday was awful. But over the course of the season I don't remember too many stand out decisions that denied us, unless anyone can really remind me?

No penalties? Is that a sign of poor refereeing or that we don't get into the box enough and rely on long range efforts?

Ok if we think we should have had a penalty, let's list the clear incidents:

Yesterday's three incidents
Santon handball v Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Foul on Bale in the away game v Sunderland, another incident for which Bale was booked

While I do think we've been denied once or twice, I do think that we don't attack the box with enough aggression, especially considering that our rivals do and also considering that in Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Dembele (could even through Walker into the mix) we have a lot of players who are good at carrying the ball at pace.

I think you can excuse Bale as he is the one player who has attacked the box regularly. I can also excuse Dembele as since Sandro's injury he's effectively had to play mop-up for us and his bursts forward have been limited. I will expect more of Dembele in this regard next season as for someone with his dribbling ability and strength, i don't think he attacks the box nearly enough from what i've seen.

Lennon would be a world-class player if he had the mentality to keep attacking, but often he gets so far and chickens out, cuts back inside or knocks the ball back. Defoe is just streaky so when he's on form he does attack the box but when he's off form he doesn't do much. We all know this.

Hopefully Townsend coming into the fold next season will give us an added demension in this regard as he's very aggressive at attacking the box and taking on his man. even if he fails he gets up and does it until he beats him.

Lennon should learn a thing or two for him and Walcott. Walcott has scored a lot of goals and won a lot of free-kicks and pens for Arsenal around the box this season as whatever you think about him ability wise, he attacks the box, he gets the ball and heads straight for the box every time.

No penalties? Is that a sign of poor refereeing or that we don't get into the box enough and rely on long range efforts?
Largely speaking i think its the latter. I'd love to see Lennon and Dembele running into the box AT defenders IF there isn't a pass on or anyone making a run. A chance of a penalty or a shot/pass opening up.

Ok if we think we should have had a penalty, let's list the clear incidents:

Yesterday's three incidents
Santon handball v Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Foul on Bale in the away game v Sunderland, another incident for which Bale was booked

All of the above plus Stoke at home in the 0-0 Jerome on Bale 80 th odd minute was a pen

Lampard and Arteta have scored 5 league pens each this season and missed a couple.
Arsenal have had a couple of dodgy last minute ones that secured 3 points.

I think the other teams are better at getting pens as they surround the ref time after time and almost bully them in to decisions and their players are better at simulating pens than us/Bale.

I also agree with above in how we dont attack in the box enough. I think at one point we had the most shots on goal from outside the box in the league. And generally our forwards dont spend enough time in the box.

Its funny because referees are premeditating the decision to book Bale for 'dives' the same reason why they are booking Bale i.e. premeditating a foul and a 'dive.

If Bale is going to be 'punished' for premeditating a dive then referees must be punished for premeditating that Bale dived.

United should have had a penalty against us home and away, Reading should have had 2 pens against us away (Walker and Gallas), Norwich should have had a stonewall pen at the Lane earlier this season, WBA i think it was should have had a pen against us at the Lane, Chelski at the Lane i remember should have had an obvious pen...I'm pretty sure there's more that i can't remember (i regret not continuing the thread i started about decisions that have gone for us).

Don't think it has much to do with incompetence, it's more to do with indirect interference.
Yesterday Friend was too scared to make a decision that might cost Arsenal CL football.

well...the truth is....if there is such a thing?

video evidence should be used..captain can appeal for evidence...three officials watch replay ..and press yeah or neah..without knowing what each official is deciding..without obviously consultation...

its so easy peasy...its too logical and even more importantly...too fair ..in this f*****g cheating premier league.

While I do think we've been denied once or twice, I do think that we don't attack the box with enough aggression, especially considering that our rivals do and also considering that in Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Dembele (could even through Walker into the mix) we have a lot of players who are good at carrying the ball at pace.

I think you can excuse Bale as he is the one player who has attacked the box regularly. I can also excuse Dembele as since Sandro's injury he's effectively had to play mop-up for us and his bursts forward have been limited. I will expect more of Dembele in this regard next season as for someone with his dribbling ability and strength, i don't think he attacks the box nearly enough from what i've seen.

Lennon would be a world-class player if he had the mentality to keep attacking, but often he gets so far and chickens out, cuts back inside or knocks the ball back. Defoe is just streaky so when he's on form he does attack the box but when he's off form he doesn't do much. We all know this.

Hopefully Townsend coming into the fold next season will give us an added demension in this regard as he's very aggressive at attacking the box and taking on his man. even if he fails he gets up and does it until he beats him.

Lennon should learn a thing or two for him and Walcott. Walcott has scored a lot of goals and won a lot of free-kicks and pens for Arsenal around the box this season as whatever you think about him ability wise, he attacks the box, he gets the ball and heads straight for the box every time.

Ihave to agree..its a very good point...you simply have to attack the box...having said that we have had dodgy decisions against us.in past seasons....

A combination, I think. We haven't been very good at getting in the opponent box this season, which obviously plays a massive part in regards to how many penalty shouts we can expect to have. That said, there have been a few decisions against us this season that have been nothing short of ridiculous - yesterday's yellow for Bale being the worst.

We have been denied three-four CLEAR penalties from incompetent refereeing this season, plus a number of borderline situations where we could have been awarded penalties. Situations that teams like Chelski and United seem to get a far bigger proportion of penalties from than we do, IMO.

Back