• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nice days out in the south east

SpursLodge

Nicola Berti
Me and Mrs Lodge are looking for a day trip for this weekend. We live in Chelmsford so would like it to be within about 90 minutes drive from us. We do this quite often and have been in the past to Cambridge, castle Hedingham in Colchester, Dedham, Finchingfield and Lavenham.

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go and have a look about, maybe a cream tea or a picnic by a river or something.

Me and Mrs Lodge are looking for a day trip for this weekend. We live in Chelmsford so would like it to be within about 90 minutes drive from us. We do this quite often and have been in the past to Cambridge, castle Hedingham in Colchester, Dedham, Finchingfield and Lavenham.

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go and have a look about, maybe a cream tea or a picnic by a river or something.

I only knowo ne place up that way to recommend. Wimpole Hall? They have a beautiful Home Farm with rare breeds.
Hampton Court probably in striking distance but then so is everything in London!

You could try Blenheim Palace near Oxford, you should be able to do that inside 90 minutes and then drive into Oxford for some dinner afterwards.

Greenwich is a good day out. There is a lovely park, Nautical Museum, Market, Cutty Sark, lots of pubs, restaurants, cinema, theatre and the river

not sure how long it takes to get from Chelmsford to Marlow/Henley but well worth a visit. Also a bit nearer home is Sopwell House for a nice tea and close to St Albans which has plenty of history and some great pubs and restaurants.

Thanks for the suggestions, been to Col Zoo recently with my little niece and been to sopwell house as well, don't fancy london as it's £50 just for the two train tickets so it's looking like Oxford or if she doesn't want to go that far then it'll be drive around until we find something.

Thanks for the suggestions, been to Col Zoo recently with my little niece and been to sopwell house as well, don't fancy london as it's £50 just for the two train tickets so it's looking like Oxford or if she doesn't want to go that far then it'll be drive around until we find something.

Oxford has probably the best park and ride scheme in the country, we went about this time last year to Blenhiem and saw the Churchill stuff then drove to the park and ride had a walk around some of the colleges and then stopped for some dinner I would highly recommend it. Good to see different parts of the country, I have always wanted to go to the Lake District, one day I will get round to it.

Back