• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

It needs £100 million spent on it IMO (unless the new manager can get 2 or 3 players and the chairman to have a change of heart).
100m is only two or three players.
It only needs a few players.
Mourinho would also likely bring in at least one old head - so small transfer fee.

No. But I also think we have a better squad.
I was more refering to our position in world football. Our squad doesn't need that many new players - it needs a few Mourinho type players and a change in meteorology

We need 2 new full backs and at least 1 new CB + a DM just for the starting XI - potentially a GK too depending on Lloris' injury

My big fear is that it’s just a short term story with Mourinho. He arrives, gets results and then everything falls apart usually around third season. I still dream of a manager arriving who can create a legacy at the club. I thought that was going to be Pochettino but nope. So no to Mourinho from me.

Legacies are a nice thought, but unrealistic in today’s game.

One other thing when we talk about potential signings, why is everyone obsessed with their ages and sell on values? If a 28/29 year old quality player is available and will improve our team then we should sign him, can't keep planning for 5 years ahead when younger players hit their peak.

I wouldn't mind us signing older players as long as the fee reflected the fact that we would get no more than two or three season out of them.

My big fear is that it’s just a short term story with Mourinho. He arrives, gets results and then everything falls apart usually around third season. I still dream of a manager arriving who can create a legacy at the club. I thought that was going to be Pochettino but nope. So no to Mourinho from me.

falling apart in year three isn’t that much different to falling apart in year 4, if he can move us forward it’s worth it

as long as Levy is in charge we’ll be in good financial shape

I wouldn't mind us signing older players as long as the fee reflected the fact that we would get no more than two or three season out of them.
I understand that train of thought and you are right. Unfortunately we live in a world of inflated transfer fees regardless of age, I mean Sancho has been muted as being £100m+, a very high price for potential.

I just don't think Mourinho is a fit and can end well. For me it's Ancelotti all the way.

Success, decent football and a class act.

It’s gonna be Mou
We will make some quick improvements
Spend some cash
Win the FA cup and everyone will love the day out
The journey will be dull but some fans don’t want that anymore
I believe the journey is what creates the legacy and the true bond between fans and managers hence why Mou doesn’t have that at clubs

The fact that Levy has just had to pay Poch a load of money will I feel narrow the field for his successor.
It has to be someone out of contract and available without compensation, in order to offset what Poch has cost.

Therefore it’s Mourinho or Austin Allegro (one for the kids there)

Most of the players he signed for Man Utd were around 25, eg Lukaku,Pogba,Fred, Lindelof and Dalot younger - all of which have resale value. Sanchez and Matic weren’t even 30 when signed. Think that statement is a bit OTT to be honest....

How many of them have increased in value above inflation?

Will a team with Mourinho at the helm appeal to any players in 2019? He's proven that he's beyond his peak, his methods are old and he throws his players under the bus. fudging hell. :(

Back