• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably. Hence me not putting it in the ITK thread. Even with the bar being low for that, HH is staring up at it as though it were the moon in the sky.

QUOTE=JerusalemMan;557952]Probably. Hence me not putting it in the ITK thread. Even with the bar being low for that, HH is staring up at it as though it were the moon in the sky.[/QUOTE]

Just looked it was in the itk thread yesterday hh doing he's usual rehashing as if he has some form of source other than scouring the net ;)

my heart said FDB, but possession football is dying. Look what Athletico Madrid have proven this year. I prefer hard working teams that move the ball quickly in possession. Heart sais FDB, Head said Pochettino

with all the bits flying around, the one thing i think that may be true is that Levy absolutely hates it when manager's open their gob. as such, i think he's gone off De Boer and that's why i think we will end up with Poch.

my heart said FDB, but possession football is dying. Look what Athletico Madrid have proven this year. I prefer hard working teams that move the ball quickly in possession. Heart sais FDB, Head said Pochettino

Hahaha so what replaces it non possesional football ?
How does that even work

I was thinking back to this and how Guardiola was getting so much stick of late. Nothing new there as Mourinho, the antithesis of possession football is also criticised.

Guardiola is regarded as one of the games forward thinkers. He was so influential in the evolution of tiki taka that even if it is dying a death as we know it, I am so looking forward to what he can conjure up next. He once again tried the W-M formation against Borussia Dortmund I read, and it sounds like it worked well.

WM-football-formation.jpg

To bring it back on point, I don't think we should simply slap a label on a coach and consider he can do nothing more than just that.

Attachments

• WM-football-formation.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 9
I was thinking back to this and how Guardiola was getting so much stick of late. Nothing new there as Mourinho, the antithesis of possession football is also criticised.

Guardiola is regarded as one of the games forward thinkers. He was so influential in the evolution of tiki taka that even if it is dying a death as we know it, I am so looking forward to what he can conjure up next. He once again tried the W-M formation against Borussia Dortmund I read, and it sounds like it worked well.

To bring it back on point, I don't think we should simply slap a label on a coach and consider he can do nothing more than just that.

I agree. Just because a coach plays a certain way, at a certain club, with certain players, it does not mean that they will do the same, with different players, at a different club.

If all teams become counter attacking then football as a spectacle is dead.
Do we end up with periods of a game when neither side want the ball ?

You have it no you have it we don't want it. ;)

If all teams become counter attacking then football as a spectacle is dead.
Do we end up with periods of a game when neither side want the ball ?

You have it no you have it we don't want it. ;)

I don't recall a period in the history of football where all clubs had the same approach or tactics. Managers will always have different ideas and try to exploit the weaknesses that they see in other teams.

If Liverpool had conceded some possession to Chelsea last month and not got drawn forwards so much, they would have probably won the league.

Fair point.

An interesting question is: what do those three managers have? What is it that sets them apart? And which of the prospective managers are most likely to have qualities of a great manager in your opinion?

Ironically Harry was the one with apparently least qualities - he was brought in clearly with one aim: avoid relegation. Yet he was the most successful. Indeed I am convinced that if he and Levy had played their cards right (Harry not being so obviously after the England job and Levy not blowing a fuse at Harry's stupid interviews) we would be playing Champions League.

However in the case of the two others you could see the rationale - successful manager, playing attractive football in Santini and the "next Mourinho" who only did not succeed in his first stint in England because of the anti-Christs at Stamford Bridge. You cannot criticise him for appointing managers on the whim... actually sometimes that is why I hope he would do. Maybe we finally hit the jackpot

I don't recall a period in the history of football where all clubs had the same approach or tactics. Managers will always have different ideas and try to exploit the weaknesses that they see in other teams.

If Liverpool had conceded some possession to Chelsea last month and not got drawn forwards so much, they would have probably won the league.

That was my point all be it a tad sarcastic
Possesional football is never going to die it may evolve and alter but to say it is finished is strange

Madrid's style of play > Bayern's/Pep's.

Give me some of that please Pochy, none of this slow tempo 70% possession side to side crap.

Back