• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Let's face it, Saggy face is basically a bit of a conman. His skill is convincing chairmen to continually splash out on those mythical 1 or 2 players that will take them to the next level. In addition he surrounds himself with loyal cronies making it more difficult and expensive to fire him when things go tits up.

Let's face it, Saggy face is basically a bit of a conman. His skill is convincing chairmen to continually splash out on those mythical 1 or 2 players that will take them to the next level. In addition he surrounds himself with loyal cronies making it more difficult and expensive to fire him when things go tits up.

:-k

Not really justified, but this isn't exactly the thread for it.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

We understand Tottenham are close to appointing Andre Villas-Boas as Manager #THFC

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7850995/Spurs-closing-in-on-Villas-Boas

Tottenham could make former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas their new manager as early as this weekend, according to reports.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is ready to give the Portuguese a second crack at Premier League management just four months after the end of his short spell at Chelsea.

Villas-Boas is as short as 1/14 to replace Harry Redknapp, and Tottenham cleared the decks for his arrival by confirming the departures of coaches Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond on Thursday.

Gareth Bale's decision to extend his deal will be welcome, but the former Porto boss has a fight on his hands to keep Luka Modric.

Modric is again being linked with Real Madrid and is on record saying he wants to leave for a club in the Champions League.

But, according to former Real star Guti, the Croatian is not good enough for the Bernabeu.

"He hasn't even been the key man for Tottenham," Guti said. "I don't think he's done enough to play for Madrid."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7850995/Spurs-closing-in-on-Villas-Boas

Tottenham could make former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas their new manager as early as this weekend, according to reports.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is ready to give the Portuguese a second crack at Premier League management just four months after the end of his short spell at Chelsea.

Villas-Boas is as short as 1/14 to replace Harry Redknapp, and Tottenham cleared the decks for his arrival by confirming the departures of coaches Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond on Thursday.

Gareth Bale's decision to extend his deal will be welcome, but the former Porto boss has a fight on his hands to keep Luka Modric.

Modric is again being linked with Real Madrid and is on record saying he wants to leave for a club in the Champions League.

But, according to former Real star Guti, the Croatian is not good enough for the Bernabeu.

"He hasn't even been the key man for Tottenham," Guti said. "I don't think he's done enough to play for Madrid."

Rofl "as early as this weekend". Yeah we've wasted no time in getting our business wrapped up this season

Question, since we are no longer a PLC, are we in any way obligated to make announcements of signings?

If not, it's may just be a case of when it makes sesnse from a PR perspective, combining announcements, etc.

Question, since we are no longer a PLC, are we in any way obligated to make announcements of signings?

If not, it's may just be a case of when it makes sesnse from a PR perspective, combining announcements, etc.

Good point - it's the latter I would have thought. Private company can do as it pleases, notwithstanding respecting gardening leave for AVB or tapping-up players etc. No other obligations that I can see.

Just PR speak isn't it? I don't think there is any sudden change of policy. The policy has always been the same. Acquire Champion's League football, earn more money, use money to stay in contention and be more competitive.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1119483/harry-redknapp-in-dark-over-luka-modric?cc=4716

Regarding his own exit from White Hart Lane, Redknapp said: "I would obviously love to have stayed. Things were going well. There was no hint of me leaving, to be fair. But it is up to the chairman and the owner.

"It is their club, if they feel they want to go down a different route. Maybe they want to get someone in where they can get more people involved in who they sign and who they do not sign, that is up to them. It is their club."

The return of the DOF.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1119483/harry-redknapp-in-dark-over-luka-modric?cc=4716

Regarding his own exit from White Hart Lane, Redknapp said: "I would obviously love to have stayed. Things were going well. There was no hint of me leaving, to be fair. But it is up to the chairman and the owner.

"It is their club, if they feel they want to go down a different route. Maybe they want to get someone in where they can get more people involved in who they sign and who they do not sign, that is up to them. It is their club."

The return of the DOF.

and the end of the constant dithering from an old codger...

I need TP for my bunghole

There isn't going to be a DoF in the way some people see it, a backstabbing **** that buys players the manager doesn't want.

There WILL be a manager who has a better idea of what kind of players he wants for his team and is able to back up his case when Levy asks for reasoning, rather than phrases like 'one or two more players to take it to the next level' and 'he's triffic lad, top top player'.

There isn't going to be a DoF in the way some people see it, a backstabbing **** that buys players the manager doesn't want.

There WILL be a manager who has a better idea of what kind of players he wants for his team and is able to back up his case when Levy asks for reasoning, rather than phrases like 'one or two more players to take it to the next level' and 'he's triffic lad, top top player'.

and a manager more sympathetic to the clubs wishes to invest in younger players...both sides will be on the same wavelength

AVB or whoever our next manager is, do you want them to take the Europa League seriously?

Nope.

We need to move away from being this poxy little club which gets excited about winning brick competitions like 'The Europa League'. It's seriously fudging embarrassing. We seriously need to concentrate on the league; make THAT our bread n butter - DEMAND progress and higher standards. That's the only way that - over the long term - we'll grow as a football club.

Nope.

We need to move away from being this poxy little club which gets excited about winning brick competitions like 'The Europa League'. It's seriously fudging embarrassing. We seriously need to concentrate on the league; make THAT our bread n butter - DEMAND progress and higher standards. That's the only way that - over the long term - we'll grow as a football club.

The league must be our priority. However, just because Uefa have completely devalued the competition doesn't mean we should dismiss it. We've got a great history in the comp and I, for one, would like to win it again.

Back