• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Shame about Potter. In some ways he may be the most intelligent. He has made it through sheer ability alone. The others were names in the sport to begin with. But I can see why we have ruled him out (if true) as he is not experienced managing a larger club and so-called stars. Also the XG thing really signifies a trend for not quite getting over the line. Still think he will go on to do good things in the game.

Would be happy with Conte or Poch. ETH is my least preferred. Doesn't have a lot of experience, none in the PL, has the Ajax system behind him to make life easy. Managing Ajax is like managing Rangers. Winning stuff is achieving par. Conte is a little like Mourinho in playing style, so you could see why the club might end up with Poch as #1 choice.

One of Conte or Poch I would be happy.

To those like @Finney Is Back leaders who can admit mistakes tend to be far better leaders.

You're entitled to your opinion but what you or think is based on assumptions. If I think he's responsible for the three windows without a signing, that makes him a very poor manager but there's no proof of that either. It's just an assumption, that would be made, in this hypothetical case, because I don't like the guy. If I remember correctly, there are quite a few people on here who don't like Rodgers as a person but I don't think they've ever met him. They don't like his public persona, and that's fine, but assuming that someone makes the correct or wrong decisions because of what you think of them doesn't make much sense. Mourinho is another example: everybody thinks he's a dingdonghead but it seems that Kane has a lot of time for him. It's not as black and white as some people would like to believe.

You're mentioning his first year and how he bombed out players - which is absolutely correct. However, there were also a few stories at the time making the rounds saying that the younger first-players confronted under-performing regulars first. We'll never know what would have happened if everyone had stayed quiet (or even if they did confront them in the first place).

Obviously, we're all here to share our opinions and mine certainly isn't any more valuable than yours. I guess we'll see what happens if he's rehired. But, also, a lot of people (not you, though) tend to present their opinions as facts, which always seem a bit funny to me. We hardly know half of what happens behind the scene. For now, I stand by my point: he doesn't look ruthless at all to me but rather empathic and emotional and, based on that, I'm not sure he'd be able to do what needs to be done but I'm happy for him to prove me wrong.

Great post, something we should all keep in mind, 99% of what is posted on here is opinions, speculation and theories for debate.
It's not always framed that way, but I'm sure thats most peoples intention.

Poll added. I will delete and repeat tomorrow when a completely new set of names are in the frame.

Or you could do what TFC did - they were so tired of redoing polls with a new set of candidates that they have just the one ongoing poll with a full list of everyone that has ever been linked to us - must be close to about 20 blokes on it. :p

Does your cat set up to play entertaining, attacking football?
I’m assuming a cat will conserve energy and counter attack.

You never quite know where you stand with them which keeps you on your toes but there won’t be much genuine affection like you get with Pooch.

Also usually very fussy, you have to deliver exactly what they want otherwise what you give them will be cast aside and ignored.

basically a Conte or Mourinho then!

You're entitled to your opinion but what you or think is based on assumptions. If I think he's responsible for the three windows without a signing, that makes him a very poor manager but there's no proof of that either. It's just an assumption, that would be made, in this hypothetical case, because I don't like the guy. If I remember correctly, there are quite a few people on here who don't like Rodgers as a person but I don't think they've ever met him. They don't like his public persona, and that's fine, but assuming that someone makes the correct or wrong decisions because of what you think of them doesn't make much sense. Mourinho is another example: everybody thinks he's a dingdonghead but it seems that Kane has a lot of time for him. It's not as black and white as some people would like to believe.

You're mentioning his first year and how he bombed out players - which is absolutely correct. However, there were also a few stories at the time making the rounds saying that the younger first-players confronted under-performing regulars first. We'll never know what would have happened if everyone had stayed quiet (or even if they did confront them in the first place).

Obviously, we're all here to share our opinions and mine certainly isn't any more valuable than yours. I guess we'll see what happens if he's rehired. But, also, a lot of people (not you, though) tend to present their opinions as facts, which always seem a bit funny to me. We hardly know half of what happens behind the scene. For now, I stand by my point: he doesn't look ruthless at all to me but rather empathic and emotional and, based on that, I'm not sure he'd be able to do what needs to be done but I'm happy for him to prove me wrong.

Agreed - I am making assumptions based on what I think of Poch, based on what we were able to glean of various profiles on him etc etc.

I think Poch was always a manager that was going to want to use the younger players because that's where his methods are more likely to work. But I think he was smart about it, coming into a club and immediately chucking out the older players for the youngsters creates a rod for his own back if it doesn't work. It's then harder to get the older players back onside. But, try the older players first, see who is going to adapt and buy in, and give them enough rope to hang themselves. Ade started going to the papers complaining, and he was gone. It established Poch's authority but he was smart and strategic about it. You can then play the young ones and the pressure is off them, in a sense it can only get better, because they got the opportunity because the older ones underperformed. That they banded together and demanded an opportunity is fantastic, it means they are ready, but I think it was always Poch's plan to make that happen.

Again, I think...it's my opinion. But I think if he came back now, he'd have to do the same thing.

Agreed - I am making assumptions based on what I think of Poch, based on what we were able to glean of various profiles on him etc etc.

I think Poch was always a manager that was going to want to use the younger players because that's where his methods are more likely to work. But I think he was smart about it, coming into a club and immediately chucking out the older players for the youngsters creates a rod for his own back if it doesn't work. It's then harder to get the older players back onside. But, try the older players first, see who is going to adapt and buy in, and give them enough rope to hang themselves. Ade started going to the papers complaining, and he was gone. It established Poch's authority but he was smart and strategic about it. You can then play the young ones and the pressure is off them, in a sense it can only get better, because they got the opportunity because the older ones underperformed. That they banded together and demanded an opportunity is fantastic, it means they are ready, but I think it was always Poch's plan to make that happen.

Again, I think...it's my opinion. But I think if he came back now, he'd have to do the same thing.

What do you think of this?

https://windycoys.com/2020/01/the-blame-game-2/

Or you could do what TFC did - they were so tired of redoing polls with a new set of candidates that they have just the one ongoing poll with a full list of everyone that has ever been linked to us - must be close to about 20 blokes on it. :p

I think that we are limited to 10 options on here

Ryan Mason spoke about it on a Spurs Show podcast a couple of years ago. He only spoke about himself having the confrontation, he didn't mention Kane who was allegedly the other one doing the confronting.

Back