• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

He has minimal say in transfers, as is the case at most clubs now

I remember some interview he did after he joined Leicester where he was saying something like he re evaluated his role after Liverpool (and the transfer committee fiasco) and wants to be seen just as a coach. But then I think his role got upgraded at Leicester a little when he signed a new contract after rejecting Arsenal.

So, erm, why was Jose sacked when he was instead of the week we lost to Arsenal and Zagreb? No, i mean aside for the 'ESL deflection' attempt suggested by @Finney Is Back and or two others?

I wonder if it was timed to give the squad the biggest possible morale boost just prior to the final?

But then I do wonder if Mason had 2-3 more weeks to get the squad a bit fitter and bring Alli back into the side, if we might have been more competitive.

If this means Levy is forced to get on the Rangnick train this will be the best thing to happen to the club. Ten Hag wasn't gonna fix our mess is a transfer policy. Rangnick will demand that and way more control.

I can't see Levy giving up control so it won't happen.

I remember some interview he did after he joined Leicester where he was saying something like he re evaluated his role after Liverpool (and the transfer committee fiasco) and wants to be seen just as a coach. But then I think his role got upgraded at Leicester a little when he signed a new contract after rejecting Arsenal.

Leicester have a very clear type of signing that they make, very similar in profile to the players that we used to target

I can't see Rodgers happening due to the cost of buying him out of his contract with Leicester (reportedly 5 million a year until 2025) and then giving him an even better deal here. He won't get Mourinho/Klopp wages (15m), but the likes of Solskjær and Lampard (now Tuchel) are getting around 8 million.

I can't see Rodgers happening due to the cost of buying him out of his contract with Leicester (reportedly 5 million a year until 2025) and then giving him an even better deal here. He won't get Mourinho/Klopp wages (15m), but the likes of Solskjær and Lampard (now Tuchel) are getting around 8 million.

I think this is why the bookies still have him as one of the favs (despite him apparently ruling himself out) because the talk is we would now be willing to triple his wages to land him.

But yes it would be quite the outlay considering the hefty compensation lcfc would demand.

Could rodgers be tempted if levy offered him all he wants coupled with the 15m a year? Probably more likely it would lead to him signing a new more lucrative deal with lcfc I’d imagine.

Bild in Germany put out this story today.

https://www.bild.de/video/clip/spor...ick-und-tottenham-76244468-76247176.bild.html

Basically that Rangnick is being discussed by Tottenham as one of the candidates to replace Mourinho.

A clickbait spurs twitter account with very little German has decided to mistranslate this into "him being offered the Tottenham job" for clicks.

Another of the clickbait spurs twitter account jumping on it. Worse than ITKs

I need to pull you up here on a few things.

First Poch knew that the stadium was going to cause issues with winkietossiewoo for a while, he mentioned it every week for a year and a half - it wasn't a surprise and it certainly wasn't an issue for a manager who was talented at getting the most out of a player. Poch had to go because around the time of the Champions league final it dawned on him he needed to change the narrative because some of his stalwarts - Vertonghen, Lloris, Rose, and a few others were ageing, or starting to struggle with his high intensity football. He needed new faces, but also had a final of a major competition which flew in the face of his comments.

Sanchez and Sissoko are not useless - Sissoko was the first name on the team sheet under Poch in the run to the final of the EC, his teammates chanted his name each week, and he won accolades. Similarly Sanchez was improving until Mourinho came in.

Steve Hitchin has the same constraints on him that caused Poch issues - he's at a club managing the debt of a new stadium - despite that he still brought Bale back, signed Vinicius on loan, Reguillon, Hojberg, as well as Ndombele, Sessegnon and Lo Celso in the previous year. I'd argue that with the exception of a centreback, where Rodon was signed to be a now and future player when he's probably a bit off the former, Hitchin has provided a balanced squad - Mourinho said as much when the transfer window shut last autumn.

I don't get your point about back room staff - every manager largely brings their own so it seems moot to me.

I would say that if you have managed a team from the fourth tier to the top tier and gotten into European football with them, you are not a yes man, you're a man with some grit and determination. So your references to Potter are wide of the mark.

Re Kane leaving - we are outgunned in the transfer market by Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, and Man Utd every season - they have more resources due to rich ownership. These clubs have bought success in a way we profess to loathe - probably only because we can't do it too. Those clubs above have won everything for the last few years, bar the Leicester miracle and the goons fluking an FA cup. Its not as easy as "we should be winning trophies" when those clubs are there to compete for them season after season. So Kane leaving has as much to do with the amount of money being thrown at our rivals as it does with our inability to compete with them. Each season 19 clubs lose the Premier league, 91 clubs lose the FA cup and so on. There's four trophies to aim for, and that makes the odds tough re winning them.

IF Kane does leave, he will do so having been part of a team that came third one season, second another, reached 3 major trophy finals and played some of the best football around (until this season). Some things are not about money, some are just about luck and not being able to beat the last hurdle on a given day.

Great post mate ( you should post more often) i would not worry too much about what Dubai says about Levy as he is a broken record when it come to our chairman. I am sure he must have kicked his dog at some time.

Great post mate ( you should post more often) i would not worry too much about what Dubai says about Levy as he is a broken record when it come to our chairman. I am sure he must have kicked his dog at some time.
If that is the case with Dubai then you must be the B side of that very same record Parklane.... :D

Back