• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Funny old situation this, its clear certain managers are good fits for certain clubs and it will happen sooner or later.
Is ETH for instance going to take on the spurs job knowing he was second choice, and that there's a fair our first choice will be available soon?

So was Poch

Funny old situation this, its clear certain managers are good fits for certain clubs and it will happen sooner or later.
Is ETH for instance going to take on the spurs job knowing he was second choice, and that there's a fair our first choice will be available soon?

Marc Overmars at Ajax is trying to hold onto him so that he'll be available when the Arsenal job comes available.

Sometime in early September, I shouldn't wonder.

Or that we spoke to him, he said no. Like Hansi did and maybe Rodgers.

Which leaves us where? Trying to buy out Ten Hag or convincing Conte.

This whole episode just smacks of poor preparation and execution like most of our transfer business. Sacked a manager and had no replacement lined up, and if we did how are the gonna feel about us casting longing looks at our ex, only to go back to them offering missionary sex with the lights off.

Mauricio Pochettino wanted to sell defenders Toby Alderweireld and Eric Dier after the Champions League final in 2019 according to The Times. 3 years later they're still here.

Gently, Bentley.

It's not Spurs fault that all these good managers have become available in such a short space of time. Just a matter of sorting through the right fit for the club. I had Pochettino lined up for us for weeks. A sentimental option, to be sure, but far better than many others. I'm convinced the links saying we're talking to Conte are simply there at his behest to offer bargaining leverage with Real or PSG or Celtic.

Gently, Bentley.

It's not Spurs fault that all these good managers have become available in such a short space of time. Just a matter of sorting through the right fit for the club. I had Pochettino lined up for us for weeks. A sentimental option, to be sure, but far better than many others. I'm convinced the links saying we're talking to Conte are simply there at his behest to offer bargaining leverage with Real or PSG or Celtic.
Conte at celtic, now that would be funny.

Howe’s Bournemouth team were nice to watch but you can guarantee a 4 or 5 goal win against them when you need a win. They used to get walked over by the top 6.

Is that so surprising given the disparity in budgets for transfers/salaries and the difficulty of attracting players to a club with a ground capacity of 14,000? As I recall we often found Bournemouth a bit of a problem when we played them.

Not sure. It's not the amount of cases it's the fact we have the indian variant. Doubt we will iradicate it even with vaccination. France has high vaccine hesitancy. They really don't want the indian variant in their country.
It's gong to get there one way or another. Pesky thing this virus. Doesn't even bother to apply for a visa.

I like Howe - I think he's a very good coach. His main weakness is a bit of a tin ear for defensive organisation. I'd see him as a sort of better version of Martinez. I think he'd do a great job at palace

Back