• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

When Poch was on the short list he was the one i wanted here as Ioved the aggressive pressing SCBC did. He also seemed a decent unassuming guy, but well respected by his players, and a game plan. I get the same feeling with GP. He’s got to cut his teeth somewhere and lets be honest, the players we currently have are not too big for him!
I didn’t want Poch
I’d seem is beat his side away 3-2 and the same at home but from a late siggy goal
TBH I didn’t pay as much attention to them as we were quite chaotic and draining enough under Tim

I didn’t want Poch
I’d seem is beat his side away 3-2 and the same at home but from a late siggy goal
TBH I didn’t pay as much attention to them as we were quite chaotic and draining enough under Tim

Yes think that wasn’t that long before he joined us as i remember him saying that Southampton gave us early Christmas gifts when he was disappointed with the way his team had played :D

I think in Europe clubs promote much more form within the league
Conte here would be the equivalent of farke maybe or Parker
And Klopp would be wilder
But our fans generally wouldn’t accept those kind of appointments as their not names
The premier league by its every nature has a lot of name managers historically.

Might stem from the fact that we have only got our brick together wrt training coaches properly the last X amount of years

Might stem from the fact that we have only got our brick together wrt training coaches properly the last X amount of years
Could be
Just feels odd to me that they do promote from within in other countries except here where we would rather get in another name from another country who may or may not be brilliant

The other thing about Potter is, I see posts seeing he needs to cut his teeth at xyz before he joins us. We scraped 7th on the last day of the season.

We are one of those clubs, just with a bigger stadium.

Could be
Just feels odd to me that they do promote from within in other countries except here where we would rather get in another name from another country who may or may not be brilliant

Because in other countries they will have a dof. The coach coaches and not really responsible for signings. Also they usually have less money so can't attract the very best from around the world. Or because they have so much money they are unlikely to drop out of cl places whoever the coach is.

If ragnick comes in as dof, i'd be happy to have potter as coach. Wouldn't be my first choice though.

E2LfPWnXoAI5jux

That book is another reason to hate him, the impact on the team and it is one of the worst written books I've tried and failed to finish.
My thoughts exactly. He also seemed to try and fluffy bunnies cuddling Poch out to half the top jobs in Europe in his last 18 months at Spurs as well.

Because in other countries they will have a dof. The coach coaches and not really responsible for signings. Also they usually have less money so can't attract the very best from around the world. Or because they have so much money they are unlikely to drop out of cl places whoever the coach is.

If ragnick comes in as dof, i'd be happy to have potter as coach. Wouldn't be my first choice though.
The DOF element is true I agree
But clubs in Europe do hire and fire too
Most though do have a clearer identity when their developing in Europe
But I do think there is a genuine appetite to give the opportunities from within their own leagues more
I just want the right person for the job, but I’d like it to be someone who gets what’s needed and also understand the peculiarities of this club and this league

“Some figures at #thfc are now seriously suggesting that the club should reappoint Mauricio Pochettino. [Independent]”

If this is true then I seriously worry about who is in charge of taking football decisions at the club. 5 weeks after Mourinho was sacked and we’re wondering if Poch might become available?

The DOF element is true I agree
But clubs in Europe do hire and fire too
Most though do have a clearer identity when their developing in Europe
But I do think there is a genuine appetite to give the opportunities from within their own leagues more
I just want the right person for the job, but I’d like it to be someone who gets what’s needed and also understand the peculiarities of this club and this league

How many prem players go for management and stick with it?

Arteta, parker and lampard aren't shining examples yet. They'd probably need a couple more seasons to get used to the role. Same with gerrard. They may do very well. We'll see.

Back