• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Chris Sutton on 606 saying he’s been told by a media source that we are actively pursuing Bielsa as first choice.

Hard to think of anyone who talks more gonad*s than Chris Sutton, mind you.

I guess if we couldnt get Rodgers, and Potter isnt viewed as experienced enough by Levy, then getting Bielsa for a couple years could restore so pride, help restore the club's name and then in a couple years get a manager for the longer term

Chris Sutton on 606 saying he’s been told by a media source that we are actively pursuing Bielsa as first choice.

I'd actually love this appointment. But then I'm not so fixated on trophies. Would be happy to see us play good football and see Bielsa develop our players. The guy has so much experience, we could do a whole lot worse.

Sutton probably has no idea though - he has no links to Spurs and by saying he's our top choice which is likely only known by 2 or 3 people - it suggests it is gonad*s.

Alan Shearer?

If you're of the can't wait till Poch comes back persuasion, you couldn't pick a better stop gap then the man that moulded him.

I think that it becomes a bit circular, people backing a candidate because the odds are short. When a new person is added on spread betting, they start at very narrow odds. This then gets picked up by the Spurs blogs, looking for a story, and say that there is a surprise new favourite. This drives more people to back them. And so on an so on.

We are led to believe by all of the better placed journos that none of the Italians are under consideration. It looks to me like Potter is increasingly likely, unless we can convince Rodgers to leave Leicester, which feels unlikely.
:)

I'd actually love this appointment. But then I'm not so fixated on trophies. Would be happy to see us play good football and see Bielsa develop our players. The guy has so much experience, we could do a whole lot worse.

Sutton probably has no idea though - he has no links to Spurs and by saying he's our top choice which is likely only known by 2 or 3 people - it suggests it is gonad*s.

To be fair, he is a legendary coach. And folks were saying his frenetic pressing wouldn't adapt to the rigors of English football and his teams would collapse at the end of the season - it's only ever happened once, in the first season with Leeds.

However, I'm still unconvinced that his style can cope with the 60+ games we regularly have to play every season. And, on top of that, he still doesn't speak English - I understand Levy is somewhat particular about that.

Anything that brings Poch back home is fine by me - just unconvinced Bielsa is the man for us. In terms of his own career, he's building a romantic story at Leeds, where he's adored, and he'd do well to continue there, imo - Spurs is a bit of a poisoned chalice that could go either way.

Would want luis campos as the package. Luis bought the players.

When that useless lump Mourinho was appointed, I said we should bring Campos over, utilising the personal connection. It's the one good thing we could have gotten out of that nightmare - for whatever reason, we never even seemed remotely interested in doing so.

Probably because Campos wouldn't rim Levy as energetically as Hitchen probably does.

For what it's worth, I'm still all in on bringing in Ralf Rangnick, letting him revolutionize the club how he pleases, and then bringing in a younger coach of his choice in a couple of years while Rangnick moves to the DoF position he seems to prefer.

If we were doing that, we should've brought him in earlier in the season. Hitchen is drawing up the shortlist, he's not going to bring in his successor

What i want and what is reality, are 2 different things. I accept that.

Bielsa would be incredible, but he's a man of his word and he wont leave Leeds this year for anybody.

Otherwise he would be the perfect person to revive us, and get us into shape ready to hand back to Poch in a couple of years.

Manager link number 487 (even though he's meant to be taking the Germany job):

Flick basically fishing for a bigger contract from German FA. nothing to see here.

Plus, sorry to say but winning a league in Germany with Bayern doesn't tell us much. Scottish league has more variability in league winners in the last 10 years than the German league.

Seems clear to me it'll be Potter. and i'm ok with that.

Let's play a little game...

Arsenal sack Arteta tomorrow. Which manager would you have, even a slight worry, if they brought him in?

Back