• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Just get dyche across the line, won't get us relegated, will keep the club afloat, levy will be happy with budget buys from that level.

But he was up against Tottenham, super Tottenham from The Lane, so how could he ever win? It was an impossible task. Doesn't count.

nah, they bottled it

even when we bottle it we get out bottled, can't even bottle it right, bottle job tossers

Reactions: DTA
I think the safest (realistic) pair of hands for us would be Rodgers. However I think I’m swaying towards Ten Hag now, like what I’m hearing/reading.

I think the safest (realistic) pair of hands for us would be Rodgers. However I think I’m swaying towards Ten Hag now, like what I’m hearing/reading.

I'm kind of with you. My only problem with Rodgers is that we might not truly engage with him and Leicester till after the FAC final, so it could be well into June before we know whether we'd get him. And if we then have to move to someone else, it could really screw up our summer. One big plus for taking him though would be weakening a decent team!

So moving on from Rodgers, then agree with ETH, but also wouldnt complain about Potter, but think Levy will want someone who has managed higher up in a big league and in Europe.

Had it not been following Jose, I think Allegri would be a stronger candidate, but he might be too functional as Jose' successor.

The reason Bielsa hasn't been mentioned by the media is that he had made a verbal agreement recently to manage Leeds again next season.

This is how the crazy guy does it. Only ever a one year contract. But sticks to verbal agreements like this. I think the idea is he can get what he wants over the summer by not signing the new contract until the start of the season.

I'm kind of with you. My only problem with Rodgers is that we might not truly engage with him and Leicester till after the FAC final, so it could be well into June before we know whether we'd get him. And if we then have to move to someone else, it could really screw up our summer. One big plus for taking him though would be weakening a decent team!

So moving on from Rodgers, then agree with ETH, but also wouldnt complain about Potter, but think Levy will want someone who has managed higher up in a big league and in Europe.

Had it not been following Jose, I think Allegri would be a stronger candidate, but he might be too functional as Jose' successor.

i may be mistaken but i think this year the FA Cup is the weekend before the final game of the season (against Leicester for us!)

Cant see Rodgers shipping out, he's well liked, lot of control at Leicester and not a dingdonghead Chairman. What do we have to offer except London over Leicester? Certainly even less on the football pitch.

The more i see it, the more i think Potter is a good option (moreso than Ten Hag), but ETH is more glamorous given Ajax pedigree vs Brighton in Levy's eyes and a lot of our fans too.

Randomly yesterday the background and history of Antonio Conte came up somewhere
His CV before he was given a big side to manage is very similar ish I’d say to Potters for example
Key being, in Italy they do promote managers more from within their league

i may be mistaken but i think this year the FA Cup is the weekend before the final game of the season (against Leicester for us!)

Cant see Rodgers shipping out, he's well liked, lot of control at Leicester and not a dingdonghead Chairman. What do we have to offer except London over Leicester? Certainly even less on the football pitch.

The more i see it, the more i think Potter is a good option (moreso than Ten Hag), but ETH is more glamorous given Ajax pedigree vs Brighton in Levy's eyes and a lot of our fans too.

Poch was not from a fashionable or high profile club, and to be honest is probably the best appointment of the ENIC era.

I think Potter would be a very good choice, as he is an understated bloke who does'nt need to be centre of attention, and his team creates more chances than pretty much any other in the division - they just don't have the strikers to finish the chances.

I hope we are not lured into hiring a manager based on the perception of fans - there was a huge "Poch who" phalanx when we started who wanted Van Gaal and while Mourinho was a strange fit for our heritage on paper he was the most successful manager we've ever hired - which should have been a precursor to years of trophies.

Rodgers is not for this cycle I don't think - he may well manage us in the future, but prising him away from Leicester while they are headed for Champions League and potentially an FA Cup win behind him, is going to be hard. 3 years from now he could well be our manager.

Randomly yesterday the background and history of Antonio Conte came up somewhere
His CV before he was given a big side to manage is very similar ish I’d say to Potters for example
Key being, in Italy they do promote managers more from within their league

we can't continually take chelsea cast offs. we need to do our own thing.

Back