• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New TV advice

I dont have an atmos setup and I won't upgrade just for but my next receiver will be atmos, not through choice but because at the price point I will buy at it will be included. It's a bit like 3d TV, they claimed it was a huge success because of the amount of 3d TVs sold, but it was because almost all TVs were 3d.
The amount of speakers make it prohibitive for most IMV.

That home cinema system got 7/10 on http://www.trustedreviews.com/panasonic-sc-btt400-review and if you're accustomed to using the TV' internal speakers then this should be a big step-up in sound quality; it has a Digital Optical Input socket on the rear for connecting up to your TiVo.

One of the reasons our last TV was a panasonic was because dad was drawn to the 'Viera link' feature, where the TV could control the DVD player and any other panasonic products we have connected. In reality it was a bit useless but getting a Panasonic Blu Ray/Home Cinema system I can go, look dad! it's all compatible!

Also looking at the reviews for that system from other customers a lot of the complaints are about the software and lack of wifi (it's a smart tv with wifi? why does my blu ray player need wifi?) rather than the sound. Again we don't watch too many films in the front room so I'm not going to lose sleep on it being the best most powerful system in the world. It's cheaper than a hitman and I won't have Michael Owen's blood on my hands.

New TV has arrived. There's a slightly dim black area to the left of the screen. Part of me is thinking that it's because it's a new set and hasn't 'warmed up' yet and part of me thinks it's a fault. What say you all?

So the TV is going back.. just messaging panasonic outlet on ebay to organise it.

Thought I'd just give up and let dad buy the 4k Samsung he was looking at, so we went to Curries just now to buy it and they didn't have the 4k feed going into it and it looked.. average. Pretty much like every other tv in there.

The one thing we're wasting time looking for is a good viewing angle. My mum's stuck in her ways and got her chair she always sits in, so she always sits at an angle to the TV.. Anyone know a TV with a good viewing angle? our old TV had perfect colour etc at almost any angle, most of the TVs we've looked at drop off colour-wise a bit at angles. I can barely notice it in some cases but my dad is anal about such small details.

Ah the joys of LCD technology.
It was a sad day when Plasmas stopped being made..

Speaking to a TV calibrator the other day and he said the big problem is quality control, you need to buy three LCD/LED's to get one that works properly.
Very hit and miss.

Oled TVs look lovely.. pricey though.

Has anyone got an opinion/feedback on this telly? LG 42lf652v Looking at it because LG apparently uses IPS screens, which apparently provide the best viewing angle and this is the right size etc.

I've got LG TVs. Can't complain. Although my main one is a plasma and it's much better than my brothers brand new led

Back