• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

If thats the case why are they releasing images with them still in it,and as has been reported they said at the planning meeting yesterday something along the lines of 'Dont worry,the listed buildings are still in'.
I expect the new planning app will be for the new walk way,and maybe some tweeking of the capacity,though i'm not sure its needed as its inside the main shell,wich allready has the permissions.

Do Spurs own the land between WHL station and the stadium? I wasn't aware that they did and if not I wouldn't have thought they'll be submitting an application for it.

The speaker (Marc Dorfman?) who said the four historic buildings are still in the scheme is an official of Haringey council not a representative of Spurs. The consented scheme included retaining those buildings and there was nothing in last night's applications to change that. Therefore, as far as he was concerned they are still there. In fact, the buildings are not even inside the boundaries of the planning applications being considered yesterday.

The club haven't yet come forward with a proposal to demolish the four buildings so it's not surprising that their current images still show them staying.

I'm not ITK on whether they will apply for consent to demolish them. However we do know that another application covering the stadium and podium will be submitted. LoughtonSpurz says that the club will apply to remove the buildings (and he seems to say this with more knowledge than simple speculation). There were very recent renders on Preconstruct's website showing the new stadium with those four buildings removed. Those images were quickly taken down - not even replaced with the current official renders. On that basis I'm inclined to think that there is an intention to apply for their removal.

As far as i know the stadium and podium are now finished,that was yesterday,delt with and passed,the new app imo will deal with the walk way,and looking into any compulsory purchase orders for shops on the high street and the land to the the station that may be needed. So no,Spurs dont own any land on that side of the high road.

Last edited:
As far as i know the stadium and podium are now finished,that was yesterday,delt with and passed,the new app imo will deal with the walk way,and looking into any compulsory purchase orders for shops on the high street and the land to the the station that may be needed. So no,Spurs dont own any land on that side of the high road.

You are wrong mate, I posted on here weeks ago stating that a FURTHER planning application will be made in due course, relating to an increase in stadium capacity, as well as changes to the podium and public realm space, which is where the removal of those Four listed buildings comes in.

You only need to look on Haringey Councils website, in planning it clearly states that another planning application is in the pipeline, they know all about it and its contents, due to discussions that have been going on and "agreed" over recent months..

See below ........

fuxr1g.jpg

Last edited:
What they have is an agreement on the "outer shell" of the whole project I presume. There will be later applications for the various stages that go into more detail.

You are wrong mate, I posted on here weeks ago stating that a FURTHER planning application will be made in due course, relating to an increase in stadium capacity, as well as changes to the podium and public realm space, which is where the removal of those Four listed buildings comes in.

You only need to look on Haringey Councils website, in planning it clearly states that another planning application is in the pipeline, they know all about it and its contents, due to discussions that have been going on and "agreed" over recent months..

See below ........

fuxr1g.jpg
Ok np,lets wait and see eh. I just cant see why they would leave it a week to take the plans back and ask to knock the buildings down at a meeting where one guy assured us that the 'listed buildings are staying' and supplying the press and interweb with renders with the said buildings still standing..but ok,i stand to be corrected.

Last edited:
Ok np,lets wait and see eh. I just cant see why they would leave it a week to take the plans back and ask to knock the buildings down at a meeting where one guy assured us that the 'listed buildings are staying' and supplying the press and interweb with renders with the said buildings still standing..but ok,i stand to be corrected.

He said that those listed buildings were staying in relation to the plans that submitted yesterday, he could hardly say anything else could he because they are still on the plans that were submitted yesterday, just as it was quoted during the meeting that the new stadium will have a capacity of 56,250, where as it has been known to some people for about 9 months or so to many that the stadium capacity is going to be increased from the proposed 56,250.

8yx9ux.jpg

11h4ebk.jpg

Last edited:
This better be one fudging goow stadium after all this hassle and excitement!

It's been four years since the NDP was first unveiled to us - and they said they would be building by now!

This was all hindered and delayed because of the Olympic Stadium. Man, I hate that thing

It's been four years since the NDP was first unveiled to us - and they said they would be building by now!

This was all hindered and delayed because of the Olympic Stadium. Man, I hate that thing

Went to Westfield at the weekend while we stopping down for the game. Bit of a maze to get to throught the Olympic village.
The stadium might be complete, but the whole complex looks quite a way off completion yet.

So glad we dont have to drive there every other weekend

Does anyone know what, if anything, is going to be housed within the smaller raised "podium" opposite the one with the club store. It follows that the consistent architecture will allow something.

(Underneath the left-most steps)

I think from the renders it is clear that it will be a VERY good stadium. I think it is a thing of absolute beauty. I have no doubt that it will be the best football stadium in the country when it is built and if the whole Wembley Way ("Bill Nicholson Way" perhaps?) thing happens as well then it will put the cherry on top and we will be the envy of every other team in the country.

You may hate the Olympic Stadium but without that (and the riots) I don't think we would be in anything like the position we are in now. Due to these events (and Harringey finally realising how lucky they are to have such an asset in their borough) we have been able to increase the housing by 40%, sell it entirely as 1 and 2 bed units and provide zero social housing provision, add an extra story to the supermarket, not have to pay a penny towards local public transport and road/traffic improvements, be freed of our cost of restoring the heritage buildings, (and in fact maybe even getting our way in demolishing them), be freed of our contribution to local education and (possibly) being able to push through a capacity increase with little to no opposition.

Then on top of all of that there is the likelyhood of the council/mayors office funding a befitting walkway from a new train station direct to our new stadium.

The above was not only worth waiting for but has probably swung this project from one that probably wasn't financially viable to being something that we will build and benefit from.

Apparently this guy seems to be rather upset about our new stadium:

https://twitter.com/#!/_DanMason

Rather uninformed as well (i.e. around his points that we are receiving all this public money....)

Another disgrunted (and worried) Arsenal fan I would imagine! :D

Seen it, all over the internet Arsenal fans are raging about this public money to 'help spurs'...

It would take far more effort than it is worth to educate them.

Why bother, its more amusing when they're tinkled off. IF we had somehow acquired a ridiculous deal out of the government that was really "unfair" to them, would make it even more funny.

"you only got your new stadium because the government bank rolled it"
"Well aren't you glad YOUR taxes are going towards a good cause?"

Apparently this guy seems to be rather upset about our new stadium:

https://twitter.com/#!/_DanMason

Rather uninformed as well (i.e. around his points that we are receiving all this public money....)

Another disgrunted (and worried) Arsenal fan I would imagine! :D

Twitter is great for exposing just how many thick people there are. The tragic thing is this guy thinks he is smart, whereas in fact he is clearly lazy (because he surely cannot have read any of the documents around this application) and incredibly ignorant.

Twitter is great for exposing just how many thick people there are. The tragic thing is this guy thinks he is smart, whereas in fact he is clearly lazy (because he surely cannot have read any of the documents around this application) and incredibly ignorant.

meh, they got their fair share of government support.

It is regrettable that we ditched the housing to be fair, but we are putting ?ú400m in - and the council decision was unanimous on all points. If you cant be bothered to read the planning applications and choose to shout from the sidelines AFTER the decision, youre clearly a mental taco. Even the guy on BBC London news was all 'they have taken away a major promise', yeah but the locals did vote for it!

what about the shopkeeper at Ashburden Grove whod been there 150 years who had his livelihood and trade demolished? wider economic argument anybody?

meh, they got their fair share of government support.

It is regrettable that we ditched the housing to be fair, but we are putting ?ú400m in - and the council decision was unanimous on all points. If you cant be bothered to read the planning applications and choose to shout from the sidelines AFTER the decision, youre clearly a mental taco. Even the guy on BBC London news was all 'they have taken away a major promise', yeah but the locals did vote for it!

what about the shopkeeper at Ashburden Grove whod been there 150 years who had his livelihood and trade demolished? wider economic argument anybody?

I do think there are unfortunate aspects about the new 106 agreement which the club has been unbelieveably fortunate with. But any issues around that, and the overall development of Tottenham would require much greater debate. The issue about this guy is that he is a prime example of someone who makes loud assertions that are patently absurd. I would have no issue with someone critiquing the agreements and the associated support we have received. They are genuine debates around public money and how a plan can best ensure he regeneration of the area can improve the lives of people who live in Tottenham. But unfortunately many ignoramuses prefer the simple approach which relegates fact for convenient fiction.

I think from the renders it is clear that it will be a VERY good stadium. I think it is a thing of absolute beauty. I have no doubt that it will be the best football stadium in the country when it is built and if the whole Wembley Way ("Bill Nicholson Way" perhaps?) thing happens as well then it will put the cherry on top and we will be the envy of every other team in the country.

You may hate the Olympic Stadium but without that (and the riots) I don't think we would be in anything like the position we are in now. Due to these events (and Harringey finally realising how lucky they are to have such an asset in their borough) we have been able to increase the housing by 40%, sell it entirely as 1 and 2 bed units and provide zero social housing provision, add an extra story to the supermarket, not have to pay a penny towards local public transport and road/traffic improvements, be freed of our cost of restoring the heritage buildings, (and in fact maybe even getting our way in demolishing them), be freed of our contribution to local education and (possibly) being able to push through a capacity increase with little to no opposition.

Then on top of all of that there is the likelyhood of the council/mayors office funding a befitting walkway from a new train station direct to our new stadium.

The above was not only worth waiting for but has probably swung this project from one that probably wasn't financially viable to being something that we will build and benefit from.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154242&p=30640532#p30640532

Your famous! Well sort of...

Back