• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

Thanks for that. I'm not sure that's the one I saw. Here's the pitch outside the stadium ....

800px-University_of_Phoenix_Stadium_field_01.jpg

800px-UniversityofPhoenixStadiumnasa.png

actually barring space constraints it is a very simple idea to have the pitch on a platform with wheels. the ability to bring the pitch outdoors has massive advantages in the structure of the stadium (no need to struggle to allow sunlight in) and maintenance (lower costs of artificial lighting and no need for additional protection for events).

with today's technology someone should try to maglev it so that its even easier and faster to move all that earth around.

Weren't Ajax first with that solution?
No space for it around new White Hart Lane though.

Weren't Ajax first with that solution?
No space for it around new White Hart Lane though.

Ajax were first with a retractable roof. Vitesse Arnhem have the same setup with their pitch.

Real Madrid are looking to give Bernabeu a makeover:

Satellite

1349014309_extras_albumes_0.jpg

1349014291_extras_albumes_0.jpg

1349014265_extras_albumes_0.jpg

1349014238_extras_albumes_0.jpg

1349014217_extras_albumes_0.jpg

1349013918_extras_albumes_0.jpg

1349014309_extras_albumes_0.jpg

i vote for this

When was the last official update re the staduim? Seems like ages since anything significant has happened

Also when is the Olympic Stadium vote/decision etc

I assume they own it.

Unless they sold it to the council to clear debt and rent it back for €1 per annum.

is that just an exterior re design ?

Sorry to be such a killjoy but can we avoid making this a thread for the discussion of any stadium or any stadium development anywhere in the world? I realise that there's not much going on with our own stadium at the moment but, if there genuinely is a widespread desire to discuss other stadiums, can someone start a new thread for that purpose rather than posting in here? It would be much appreciated because it's a little frustrating whenever I see that there has been an update on this thread only to find that it's got nothing to do with our stadium at all.

Thanks.

:-k I think its the perfect place to discuss stadium structures. Don't see the problem, probably only get moved into here anyway.

Bilbao, doing the 3/4 build like us

Lille, Providing something really different than any other stadium in the world.

Madrid, our feeder club.

You getting itchy feet Jimmy :lol:

This thread is fine just as it is IMO. Not exactly THAT much stuff to keep up with.

:-k I think its the perfect place to discuss stadium structures. Don't see the problem, probably only get moved into here anyway.

Bilbao, doing the 3/4 build like us

Lille, Providing something really different than any other stadium in the world.

Madrid, our feeder club.

You getting itchy feet Jimmy :lol:

The stuff about Bilbao was fine because it was directly related to a discussion about the construction schedule for our new stadium.

But the stuff about the Lille stadium, the University of Phoenix stadium and the Bernabeu was just unrelated, random stadium chat. That's fine, up to a point, but when there has been a whole page and a whole week of unrelated, random stadium chat - and after visiting this thread for every new post during that time, only to be disappointed that it wasn't about our stadium at all - I figured that enough was enough.

This thread is fine just as it is IMO. Not exactly THAT much stuff to keep up with.

Not exactly THAT hard to post random stadium chat in a general thread about stadiums either.

And, as I said, it's not that posts about other stadiums are interfering with posts about our stadium (chance of any posts about our stadium would be a fine thing!). It's just frustrating to click on this thread in the hope that a new post is about our stadium only to find that it is merely yet another post about another, wholly unrelated stadium.

If you want this thread to be more of a general stadium thread (and it would be a shame if you did), then I suggest that the name of the thread be altered accordingly.

Back