• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Yeah I agree it'll be a good location etc for corporates. But what is the total corporate capacity at the lane? 1000? The seated capacity needs not belted than 25,000. It'll look terrible with a half empty stadium and Rangers will do well to stop in the league with their signings do far IMO.

Corporate capacity at the Lane is currently about 3.5K.

At the new stadium, "club" tier / corporate capacity was originally supposed to be 8.5K but subsequently reduced to 6.5K when the overall proposed capacity was reduced to 56K. If, as expected, that 56K is revised upwards, I would imagine that the proposed "club" tier / corporate capacity will once again be nudging 8.5K.

Probably. But where's the fan affiliation? A league of tarquins

They have to start somewhere, how else are they meant to build their fanbase above its current level? If they build a fanbase by letting kids and families in cheap, I do not think that makes them tarquins.

I like QPR and I like Loftus Road - proper close to the action and dug outs. my dad has three season tickets over there and I go along every once in a while. First row east paddock. Next to the away fans next to dugouts. My dad also has gone to the corporate boxes to entertain clients etc and its a great day out good food, great view and not too expensive.

They also put names on the seats if your an ST. At WHL i get told to sit down (im on the last row of park lane upper)

Went this season, didn't like it all. No room at all for sitting when you are actually attempting to sit down. Too cramped for my liking. Of the grounds in West, Craven Cottage would be my favourite.

Not for me........clubs should be about tradition and fans being passed down through the generations.

fudging tarquins make me sick.

Not for me........clubs should be about tradition and fans being passed down through the generations.

Sorry, fella, but that's gonad*s!

Someone who has inherited a love of a club from relatives is no more a true and passionate fan than someone who just decides to support the club because he / she likes the kit or the star striker or the name of the club.

How you become a fan is completely irrelevant and utterly unimportant. All that matters is that you are a fan.

I've got friends who are die-hard fans of their respective clubs and yet come from families who don't watch any football.

You can misrepresent what j said all you like. The notion that QPR can nearly triple the size of their fanbase and aim the club at day trippers to Westfield is completely abhorrent to me and goes against all senses of live for a club. Akin to popping into a bowling alley of something. You guys wanna defend that. Cool.

You can misrepresent what j said all you like. The notion that QPR can nearly triple the size of their fanbase and aim the club at day trippers to Westfield is completely abhorrent to me and goes against all senses of live for a club. Akin to popping into a bowling alley of something. You guys wanna defend that. Cool.

And yet you were in favour of us moving to Stratford :-k

Spurs can easily fill 60,000. The stadium is the be all and and all. The fact there is a shipping centre there doesn't mean brick to me. We have 30,000 people waiting for season tickets and 50,000 members. We need more capacity and the ground would still be filled by passionate fan who currently come to loads of games. Again, keep trying to spin what I said. :)

Sorry, fella, but that's gonad*s!

Someone who has inherited a love of a club from relatives is no more a true and passionate fan than someone who just decides to support the club because he / she likes the kit or the star striker or the name of the club.

How you become a fan is completely irrelevant and utterly unimportant. All that matters is that you are a fan.

No it isn't gonad*s.

Move on

My dad has always hated football. I quite like it. And I like Spurs because they were good when I was 7 and 8 years old. Prime recruitment time.

He once took my brother to a game and at half time he stood up and said "thank GHod that's over, let's go" to which my 10 year old brother said... "but that was only the first half dad"

My dad has always hated football. I quite like it. And I like Spurs because they were good when I was 7 and 8 years old. Prime recruitment time.

He once took my brother to a game and at half time he stood up and said "thank GHod that's over, let's go" to which my 10 year old brother said... "but that was only the first half dad"

does your dad fudge your mum or did you have to?

im just kidding mate

my dad likes football but that is one of the few good things about him. The lad does not like football no matter how many times i take him he just shows no interest prefers tennis. I suspect he is a little bent kid but what can you do he is family and to old to put up for adoption now i guess otherwise it is something i would have looked into.

And yet you were in favour of us moving to Stratford :-k

hahaha exactly.

Leedspurs, you let milo get the better of you there how could you let the liberal luvvie get the better of you, what next will you be coming out and saying that labour have good fiscal policies. Oh my GHod my faith in you has been shattered dan how could this happen how could you let him beat you.

Is that all you got Leedspurs come back at him you can't let him get away with it you can't.:eek:

I was in favour of the move to Stratford. As for the substance of the debate I'm very comfortable with my statements Ta! :)

But it was we could gain more fans and not just any fans but the worst possible type of ones, city boys and bankers to indulge in corporate, oh no Leeds you got beat im so sad this is worse then seeing the liberals sharing power at number 10. I think i need another drink to console myself.

I think you've had enough mate! ;)

As I said, 30,000 on the waiting list!!! The extra fans would be fans on our current waiting list!!! Some more city tacos in corporate as well? So be it.

I am going to bite, I have to.

If qpr moved to white city tomorrow, and this season 1000 men (tarquins) go to games to prevent themselves having to walk around westfield...and of those 1000, half of them bring their kids with them, and those kids LOVE it and turn into future 'LeedsSpurs' type fans, would it be so abominable?

Back