• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

My question is why?

You don't play indoors when you play matches. Practise in the conditions you play in.

Seriously? Frozen pitches, snow, to save the pitches if they are getting heavy. You might have sufficient drainage, but that isn't going to stop the pitch cutting up if it is compeltely saturated. Plus, why make your players train in extreme/adverse conditions and risk injuries for the sake of training "in-situ"?

Martin Lipton was equally gushing about it all in an interview with Danny Kelly on Talksport. Said that it easily bears comparison to Man Utd's, Arsenal's, Chelsea's and Liverpool's.

Also made the interesting observation that the reason why the cost rose from an initial £30 million to £45 million is that Spurs massively upgraded the spec.

its awe inspiring, one of the best in europe, but we've only caught up with the then-top-4?

Many thanks ArcySpacE

3 VERY important things I noticed

1) Indoors, on the indoor pitch, AVB's hair was blowing in the wind. Is that technology gone mad, or did someone leave a window open
2) That bloke with the clipboard at 1m20s was really up in AVB's face - how can people be so unaware of personal boundaries - you could see AVB wanting to nut him but the world's media were there
3) Perhaps AVB could use the advanced medical facilities to get some sore throat spray and dye his hair brown

its awe inspiring, one of the best in europe, but we've only caught up with the then-top-4?

It might be better than the others, for all we know.

But it's not a tinkling contest. All that matters is that the new facility has everything a top football club could need and is deeply impressive.

Axs8Uh2CAAESHQE.jpg:large

It's depressing seeing it look like that with all the memories of what it looked like before. It'll all be worth it in t he end hopefully.

yeah, nah i agree to an extent - but i think the surrounding area will retain some it's 'vibe'

the initial post was more to suggest it looks somewhat more official now - whereas before we have been waiting for anything concrete, all that had been confirmed by the club was the supermarket - now we have posters showing the ground on the site hoarding - official confirmation mustn't be far away . . .

Oh it's an exciting time. I just hate change!

Dont we all.

Had thew same thing with my local Rugby team, Warrington. I loved the old Wildespool stadium. I know moving to the Halliwell Jones Stadium had to be done in terms of progressing, but the HJ isnt, and never will be, the same as Wilderspool

Hopefully the fact that our new stadium at Tottenham is literally next door will make the transiton a lot easier

the initial post was more to suggest it looks somewhat more official now - whereas before we have been waiting for anything concrete, all that had been confirmed by the club was the supermarket - now we have posters showing the ground on the site hoarding - official confirmation mustn't be far away . . .

One more step, one more reason to get excited... I have a sneaky feeling that official announcement isn't far off now. Come on Levy!

Back