• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Just looked him up, sounds pretty decent.

I wanted Potter before, still think he's a good manager. Hard to manage Chelsea with those new owners chucking money everywhere and having such a large squad with no structure.
It was exactly as some people feared with Potter, managing a ‘big club’ is very different to managing Brighton or another small club punching.

Yes people will say Chelsea are a basket club, but all top clubs have their challenges. Some top managers have came here and failed, we have some real constraints on us which doesn’t make it easy and Potter is not the answer….

After sacking Conte we are in the positive position of have quite a few decent options being made available to us in the current market.

If we end up with Rodgers, that will be a equivalent of ending up with Nuno.

Groundhog Day. Only Levy's Spurs can mess up Recruitment twice. He has made the Tottenham manager's job poisoned chalice with his incompetence. How could anyone be so incompetent to make a job at a regular top 4 competing club a veiwed as a poisoned chalice by others. I want my club back from him. I've given him so much of my trust and support for far too long. Enough is enough.

Why cant his teams score goals?
Wild theory, no decent strikers? Look at the underlying stats at Brighton, they created tons of chances but had the likes of Maupay as the striker. Maupay has to be one of the worst strikers in the premier league ever.
The only recognised striker Chelsea have is Aubemyang. The owners spend over 500m and can't get one decent striker.

Wild theory, no decent strikers? Look at the underlying stats at Brighton, they created tons of chances but had the likes of Maupay as the striker. Maupay has to be one of the worst strikers in the premier league ever.
The only recognised striker Chelsea have is Aubemyang. The owners spend over 500m and can't get one decent striker.

that is a fair point, and his options at chelsea are, in fact, worse that what he had at Brighton

but, Brighton have scored more goals since he left...

Brighton are the new Swansea, easy to standout there, but not a good indicator of what a manager can do elsewhere

After sacking Conte we are in the positive position of have quite a few decent options being made available to us in the current market.

If we end up with Rodgers, that will be a equivalent of ending up with Nuno.

Groundhog Day. Only Levy's Spurs can mess up Recruitment twice. He has made the Tottenham manager's job poisoned chalice with his incompetence. How could anyone be so incompetent to make a job at a regular top 4 competing club a veiwed as a poisoned chalice by others. I want my club back from him. I've given him so much of my trust and support for far too long. Enough is enough.
Mess up what recruitment? The manager? Look at Utd, over 10 years since Fergie and have only now seemingly got the right manager.

How could anyone be so incompetent to take a midtable, at best, team and make them top 4 regulars, he should be ashamed. Viewed as a poisoned chalice? That's why he's had the likes of Conte as manager, elite managers, managing the club.

I'm turning 50 this year and have been supporting our Spurs since I watched the 1981 cup final in the Tele and decided this was my team.

The Spurs managers' job has always been viewed as a glamorous prestigious job... Now people think twice about how the job could lose them credibility.... this is a new thing which has only just happened in the last few years. The job pays well, so it's not even about the Salary... It's all about the Chairman's lack of genuine support to back the sitting Management in pushing through the managers needs. If you don't back the manager 100%, there is no point to anything else you are doing.

I think, like Tuchel going to Munich, this actually does us a favour. Getting Nagelsmann off the board is good news, he was just another bad fit for us.

Hopefully though this just stirs Levy into bending over and giving Poch everything he wants (his choice of DoF, Cullen gone etc)

that is a fair point, and his options at chelsea are, in fact, worse that what he had at Brighton

Brighton are the new Swansea, easy to standout there, but not a good indicator of what a manager can do elsewhere
They've had Evan Ferguson breakthrough in the second half of the season (someone we should have an eye on) and Mitoma scoring at a ridiculous rate compared to his shots, it won't last.
It does raise questions over whether Potter can't spot decent goal scorers or whether he has been shut out of recruitment at both clubs.

uh people maybe need to look at the results Brighton had this season with potter in charge though…

6 league games
1 defeat
5 wins
11 goals for (1.8 per game)
5 goals against (0.8 per game)
That’s a pretty decent return with the squad that de zerbi came in and took on
They didn’t sign more starters in January

since then they have scored 38 more goals over 20 Games (1.9)
But conceded 29 (1.45)
So they are scoring more but conceding more with the same players

They've had Evan Ferguson breakthrough in the second half of the season (someone we should have an eye on) and Mitoma scoring at a ridiculous rate compared to his shots, it won't last.
It does raise questions over whether Potter can't spot decent goal scorers or whether he has been shut out of recruitment at both clubs.
Ferguson is outstanding
I’d love him as kanes replacement
He is Kane crossed with Rooney for me

uh people maybe need to look at the results Brighton had this season with potter in charge though…

6 league games
1 defeat
5 wins
11 goals for (1.8 per game)
5 goals against (0.8 per game)
That’s a pretty decent return with the squad that de zerbi came in and took on
They didn’t sign more starters in January

since then they have scored 38 more goals over 20 Games (1.9)
But conceded 29 (1.45)
So they are scoring more but conceding more with the same players

again, fair point, but that is a small sample size, based on what appears to have been an easy start to the season (does that include the 5 goals against a woefully managed Leicester?)

Ferguson is outstanding
I’d love him as kanes replacement
He is Kane crossed with Rooney for me
I might be biased because he's Irish, but he looks like the real deal, think we should be looking to get him in the summer before he has another season and everyone starts circling him.

I'm turning 50 this year and have been supporting our Spurs since I watched the 1981 cup final in the Tele and decided this was my team.

The Spurs managers' job has always been viewed as a glamorous prestigious job... Now people think twice about how the job could lose them credibility.... this is a new thing which has only just happened in the last few years. The job pays well, so it's not even about the Salary... It's all about the Chairman's lack of genuine support to back the sitting Management in pushing through the managers needs. If you don't back the manager 100%, there is no point to anything else you are doing.
Conte wasn't backed?? What would be backing a manager then?

again, fair point, but that is a small sample size, based on what appears to have been an easy start to the season (does that include the 5 goals against a woefully managed Leicester?)
United away easy?
West ham away? We drew there
They drew with Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Beat Leeds and Lestah and lost to Fulham away
The new guy came in and didn’t win until his 6th game
De Zerbi is a great coach by the way
Was doing great things before Brighton. So was potter
Chelsea is a car crash. Any club that’s spend £600m and doesn’t buy a goal scorers is mental

Back