• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Levy and enic’s time is well and truly done.

Was indifferent about them this time last year.

Now I am 1000% get them the fudge outta the club.
The good news is that the chants get louder at every game. The support at Leeds was fantastic with lots of support for the team and lots of Levy Out chants. Was a good day out.

The only thing that prevented Poch's return was his own failure in the first place.
I think the balance of probability is that him saying 'no thanks' to Levy is the thing that prevented his return (and nobody can blame him for saying no after he was so badly let down and under appreciated previously, not just by the chairman but also by some of our fans like you).

I think the balance of probability is that him saying 'no thanks' to Levy is the thing that prevented his return (and nobody can blame him for saying no after he was so badly let down and under appreciated previously, not just by the chairman but also by some of our fans like you).
Doesn't sound like that was the case mateIMG_2384.jpeg

There's no way Levy would think about that mistake again. Poch was great for developing us to the level he did, but we need someone who can get that over the line - Poch proved he couldn't.

But he was available, if he was the plan why did we muck about for him to go to bayern.
Not that i think we will end up with tuchel
He wasn't available. Tuchel signed for Bayern on March 24th, Conte left on March 26th.
I don't think we will either but he should be on the list of candidates now.

Exactly!

...I will add, the fact we didn't even have the self-awareness to reach out and try is something!

I don't think we will either but he should be on the list of candidates now.

Well, to Mason's point, first question is what we want to be and how we intend to approach playing etc.

Depending on those answers, Tuchel may or may not be the answer.

If we're aiming to play attacking football, sign younger players and grow them etc, then he's probably not the right man for us so shouldnt be on the list

If we're going for a 'results today' big name manager, yes, then its Tuchel, Spalletti etc

I think we're going for the former though

We don't need a manager to make the current squad work, we tried that with mourinho and conte. We need a unifying manager who plays our type of football to rejuvenate the team.

The reason we had started to fail under Poch was due to a lack of investment in the team.
Lack of Investment? He got Ndombele, Sess and Lo Celso to name a few for over £100m. That’s a lot of talent to add to a team who have just got to a Champions league final.

Aaaaaaand cue a few pages where everyone speculates
Exactly
We have no facts so we can all speculate and put a slant on it
What facts we do know
He managed us before and the fab deemed his time a success even with no trophies
Him and levy got on really well at the time
He did come back to talk to the club post Nuno but the deal was never done
He got sacked at PSG and their fans never took to him (from what I’ve read so not a fact, just an opinion) despite being an ex player
He is now Chelsea manager
That’s about it

Well, to Mason's point, first question is what we want to be and how we intend to approach playing etc.

Depending on those answers, Tuchel may or may not be the answer.

If we're aiming to play attacking football, sign younger players and grow them etc, then he's probably not the right man for us so shouldnt be on the list

If we're going for a 'results today' big name manager, yes, then its Tuchel, Spalletti etc

I think we're going for the former though
He plays attacking football, a pressing game, and plays out from the back, which I think we all want to see.
He isn't a "results today" manager. He's had two clubs where he had to win now with Chelsea and PSG (not going to include Bayern, will only be a handful of games for them).
He didn't have the luxury of buying ready-made players at Dortmund or Mainz.

I'm not suggesting he should be our next manager, just that someone of his pedigree has to be considered.

The reason we had started to fail under Poch was due to a lack of investment in the team.
Sorry to crop but I wanted to focus on this point in particular. It keeps getting mentioned but isn't backed up by the facts.

Our xG differential started to decline massively in or around Dec17/Jan18 and never recovered. This was a season when we spent over £100m on players.

Lack of Investment? He got Ndombele, Sess and Lo Celso to name a few for over £100m. That’s a lot of talent to add to a team who have just got to a Champions league final.
But for varying reasons he couldn’t play them
I agree it was huge investment
And the downward spiral started much earlier
But he also warned more time than he was given

Last edited:

A 100m 'splurge' when the damage was already done doesn't change that. And how talented exactly is a team that is starting Winks & Sissoko in the center of the pitch and has averaged a 6th place finish in the 4 seasons since he left? Not very would be my suggestion

Last edited:
Back