• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New car finance deal changed for the better, can i benefit?

Eriktheviking

Goran Bunjevcevic
Late March I ordered a 2017 Golf GTD Estate on PCP with a £1000 deposit contribution from VW and put a £500 deposit down (the £2500 balance of the deposit due when i take delivery of the car). It is down to be built w/c 24th April and I should get it by end of May.

I see today that the manufacturer contribution is £2000, an increase of £1000 in a little over 3 weeks. Anyone ever come across this before? Where do i stand with asking for the higher deposit? Having never bought a new car before im not sure whether it would just be given or do i need to really argue?

With a 3 month old kid, the Mrs on mat pay and a wedding in 6 months £1000 is quite a lot of money to me at the moment.

I assume that you signed a contract when you paid the deposit

Yes, which i am fully aware of, but no terms on conditions on it as i have just checked. They havnt given me a copy of these.

I am sure that under contract law they can tell me to fudge off but as finance deals change all the time during the time taken for even a standard car to be ordered this situation must come up quite a bit.

Yes, which i am fully aware of, but no terms on conditions on it as i have just checked. They havnt given me a copy of these.

I am sure that under contract law they can tell me to fudge off but as finance deals change all the time during the time taken for even a standard car to be ordered this situation must come up quite a bit.

You can try asking but i would expect that you are bound by their terms at the time. The problem that you've got is that without the option of taking your money and walking away, you don't have much leverage.

well, i will give them a call tomorrow and play the nice guy but i could just walk away. 3 weeks ago i needed a new car under by company car allowance guidelines but now i can have anything up to 5 years old so i could just say im off and buy a nearly new/used car. Its a dealer contribution so its not as if the dealership will lose out.

Back