• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Great goal. Good overall after the goal, not really good before it. Dreadful loss of possession for their goal I have to say, I imagine the reaction towards him would be different if we hadn't won.

Seems very reliant on confidence and being in the right mood to perform, like many of our players. Was a good goal though and unlucky not to get an assist.

Still think he is similar to Dempsey in he is not outstanding but still scores goals.

Actually, you're not far off. He seems very much like Dempsey, except Dempsey probably put in harder shifts than Chadli does and is somewhat more direct than Chadli is.

i think Chadli and Dempsey are quite different players to be honest. Dempsey is a technically limited player, but he worked hard. Chadli is more skillful and quicker (at least over a longer distance).

What they have in common is the knack for scoring goals.

I thought Chadli had a good game today. Maybe he wasn't great before he scored, but no one was. Showed some very good stuff in the second half. Great run and cross for Bentaleb's chance for instance. Should have chosen a different option than trying to dribble before their equaliser, though.

i think Chadli and Dempsey are quite different players to be honest. Dempsey is a technically limited player, but he worked hard. Chadli is more skillful and quicker (at least over a longer distance).

What they have in common is the knack for scoring goals.

I thought Chadli had a good game today. Maybe he wasn't great before he scored, but no one was. Showed some very good stuff in the second half. Great run and cross for Bentaleb's chance for instance. Should have chosen a different option than trying to dribble before their equaliser, though.

Think the comparison is more the not quite winger, not quite striker, generally underrated but with a knack for scoring goals

i think that because Clint had a 2 buzz haircut and had an average first touch, everyone thought he worked hard. He was also a pretty lazy player and did little going backwards.

Chadli can be in and out and going backwards he has been poor far too often but what a solid signing he has been for 7m. He carries the ball well, gets into scoring positions and his output of goals and assists have been great. Since his Dad died he hasnt been good but up until then his performances were excellent for us and he backed this up with a real output.

After some not so good performances I thought it was poor that quite a few fans have started to hammer him. There have been circumstances surrounding his lack of form and he is still a threat in and around the box. To me it seems like a lot fans didn't know who he was, thought he was rubbish and he will always be an unfashionable player (a bit like Clint). He needs a Harry Kane like season to permanently silence the doubters :)

Chaldi has the knack of doing feck all and scoring an important goal. Compare that with Lamella who works hard but does t impact the game enough yet. Their work rates today were like chalk and cheese and yes Lamella did get an assist in the 93rd minute when 3 on 1 but ultimately Chadli had the better game as he scored and then did very little else

For his goals alone he has to be in the team as his 11 (I think that's right) and eriksen a 12 plus 30 for Kane accounts for about 95% of our goals

Chaldi has the knack of doing feck all and scoring an important goal. Compare that with Lamella who works hard but does t impact the game enough yet. Their work rates today were like chalk and cheese and yes Lamella did get an assist in the 93rd minute when 3 on 1 but ultimately Chadli had the better game as he scored and then did very little else

For his goals alone he has to be in the team as his 11 (I think that's right) and eriksen a 12 plus 30 for Kane accounts for about 95% of our goals

There is a stat that says Chadli has been involved in 14 goals in the PL (assume that's goal +assists), which is only bettered by Kane's 22

Wasn't very impressed with the way he told Mason to fudge off when Mason had a go at him for shooting instead of laying him off which would have been the correct thing to do.

Chadli - 17 goals in 2 seasons (74 appearance)
Lennon - 30 goals in 10 seasons (364 appearance)
To be fair to Lennon over the years he has created a lot of chances/assists for the team, we all know scoring isn't his forte. That being said Chadli has also provided a few assists. He's been a very good buy, and is only going to improve...

Chadli is huge, he is bigger than Chiriches and Capoue

Don't expect Chadli to chase and scurry back and forth like little Eriksen and Mason, he's a big unit.

I agree he could work way way harder, but I can see why he isn't the most effective 'harrier'.

article-2420146-1BCCF40E000005DC-646_634x332.jpg

He doesn't track back like Eriksen and Lamela and his overall play is not great, but he's a tidy finisher and knows where the goal is. Getting 10 goals in the league for a midfielder is always a good accomplishment in any season. We've been crying out for goals in midfield for years what with the lack of goals from the likes of Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Dembele and now Lamela. We've now got two players from midfield who can score.

Chadli is huge, he is bigger than Chiriches and Capoue

Don't expect Chadli to chase and scurry back and forth like little Eriksen and Mason, he's a big unit.

I agree he could work way way harder, but I can see why he isn't the most effective 'harrier'.

article-2420146-1BCCF40E000005DC-646_634x332.jpg

What a waste of money. Eriksen and Chadli have easily been the best from those 7, Lamela is the only other I can potentially see turning out to be a good signing.

Wasn't very impressed with the way he told Mason to fudge off when Mason had a go at him for shooting instead of laying him off which would have been the correct thing to do.

Mason has no right to be angry at Chadli for not passing to him. With his new-found goal form, Chadli has the right to go at goal himself. Besides, Mason would have wasted the chance anyway like he has done many times this season. In fact, apart from Kane, Eriksen and Chadli the others have been simply useless in front of goal this season !

Chadli seems to have found his goal scoring form since keeping that pony tail, scoring in 2 matches in a row. My nephews are already calling him "Chadlimovic" for having the pony tail like Ibrahimovic.:D

Its always good to have a malbranque/ Dempsey type - not amazing, but pops up with a decent amounts of goals from midfield. Especially when playing one out and out striker.

I expected Lamela to be that player - and I think that's why we brought him. Its what he did at Roma.

It does mean the other forwards need to be the creators though - so Eriksen needs to impose himself on games more ( the next natural stage in his development ) and we need someone need new for the RW

Both Lamela and Chadli have more assists than Eriksen. He's only got two and that's really not good enough for the position he's playing.

Chadli's overall play and creativity is far better than he's getting credit for. Some of the ratings he's getting just proves people aren't watching the game.

Back