• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

No, absolutely not easy, to me that CM role is often a role that being not noticed means you actually are doing a brilliant job, hence the old arguments when we first had Carrick/Modric and people didn't always realize what they brought to the team.

Lamela for me is almost the polar opposite of Bentaleb, producing eye catching moments of brilliance (think he's the best passer in the team along with strangely Soldado), but not being able to string a solid 30 minutes of contribution together.

i dont know what to make of this to be honest mate

i think its safe to say that you and i value different things in players and assess players completely differently

actually yes, i am happy with that conclusion.....phew. i dont need to put any case forward...i thought i was really going to get into a dig deep type debate:) LOL, you know the ones where you really arent sure whats going on so you seem to argue blind and every point there is to man

Reading back to my original post it appears that none of us are in agreement as to who he plays like. Some say Carrick which I get completely although don't see the long passes, I said Demeble mainly because he makes space and controls the tempo, someone suggested a Pogba type...

I think that's great personally because it shows he has potential to be a lot of things and has plenty of scope to develop, and there all very good players that were comparing him too (other than cleverly)

For all those who were wondering why Nabil Bentaleb got the nod over Lewis Holtby recently, it was because the German was injured in the match against West Brom.

So nothing to do with Sherwood trusting Bentaleb more than Holtby then.

For all those who were wondering why Nabil Bentaleb got the nod over Lewis Holtby recently, it was because the German was injured in the match against West Brom.

So nothing to do with Sherwood trusting Bentaleb more than Holtby then.

You can't assume that, all you know was that Holtby was injured....

I have a suspicion that Holtby and Capoue were the lads who 'rolled out late to training' according to Danny Rose recently.

It would make sense, because Tim will have needed to show his authority.

I have a suspicion that Holtby and Capoue were the lads who 'rolled out late to training' according to Danny Rose recently.

Surprised at that one tbh, doesn't seem the recalcitrant type to me.

Based on him not playing them is it? Well he played both of them in his first game. So i doubt it.
And the idea of a German being late is ridiculous.

Based on him not playing them is it? Well he played both of them in his first game. So i doubt it.

he is half English ;)

He was late because he was too busy putting out his towel in the changing room before the 'real' English lads got back.

I think Bentaleb is too young for anyone to nail down a description of him. Given time he may develop other skillsets further to become like Carrick or Pogba etc, but until then he is just Bentaleb. Given his ability to make space for himself and pick the easy pass + defend, you could almost call him a Makalele

Generally French midfielders always seem to have that little bit more of finesse. Bentaleb no exception, very easy on the eye. Very solid technically, but still lots to learn. Hope to see Capoue and Bentaleb starting together sometime, might turn out a classy affair.

Well done Nabil on your full debut in a Spurs shirt.

Wasn't the best result today and it was a tough game to come in to but onwards and upwards.

thought he was good today. got better as the game went on

I made him our best player overall today. Anchored the midfield, always looked composed on the ball, never easily knocked off and produced high percentage of intelligent, accurate passes.

Whilst he's never going to be a Scotty Parker type, he's determined and physical in the tackle. Certainly looks to have more about him than a Livermore, he's more of a Carrick, staying central, intercepting, tidying up and passing to others to carry the threat rather than doing something special himself.

He made an immense tackle on Wheelchair in the first tackle which lead to an attack of ours. I think that was when Adebayor overran with the ball.

Today's game will do him good; he knows that he can hold his own against one of the best midfields in the division.

He is definitely getting better. Would love to see him a 3 man midfield at some point, i think we'll see more forward runs and clever 1-2's in 433.

Back