• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

I am not sure about him moving on but I do believe some think he is better then what I have seen on the pitch.

I was very impressed with his versatility when filling in at fullback, but we seem to be covered there also. He could be in the Europa squad at best for the next couple of months.

Great that he's nearly back.

If he gets 2 games under his belt now, he might be ready to play a proper part in our next 3 game block. Just in time considering Alli's weariness.

IMO moving him on would be a very big mistake by the club. He is an extremely talented young man and is only going to get better.

He is, but he will have to step up his game and more importantly, define his role to the team. It will be a test of his character, having to earn his name on the team sheet after being one of first names on (and using that in negotiations).

To me, Bentaleb, Mason, Pritchard, Winks, Onamah stay

Townsend, Carroll, Walker-Peters, Fazio all probably go by summer for latest (wouldn't be surprised if gone in January).

He is, but he will have to step up his game and more importantly, define his role to the team. It will be a test of his character, having to earn his name on the team sheet after being one of first names on (and using that in negotiations).

Townsend, Carroll, Walker-Peters, Fazio all probably go by summer for latest (wouldn't be surprised if gone in January).

Do you not mean Yedlin?

KWP is supposed to be about the most promising FB England has produced in decades

Pretty much agree with those ins and outs.

His shakey start to this season aside I think the young man has shown tremendous character on the pitch last season and rightly was awarded a new contract. I don't have too many worries on that front really. Ability wise he looks to have it too but I think his role in the team with players like Dier, Ali and Dembele really stepping up is a little undefined. IMO he would do well playing along side Dier as it will give him the license to move forward more. He has a good shot and decent pass. That could be his spot but he has his work cut out to take it off the current incumbents.

IMO moving him on would be a very big mistake by the club. He is an extremely talented young man and is only going to get better.

But if he is not getting 'regular' premier league games it will be out of our control as we all know.
He looked a little sloppy at the beginning of the season and apparently injured since. I dont see him sitting on the bench being a backup for Alli and Eric. Ryan and Nabil are/will be back players.

Do you not mean Yedlin?

KWP is supposed to be about the most promising FB England has produced in decades

I'm with you here in that i can't see us offloading a youngster who we hold in such high regard

I could see us looking at offloading Yeldin or Trippier to make way as they would have a value and it seem stop be about giving the younger players chances now

Do you not mean Yedlin?

Personal opinion (for whatever its worth), I've seen KWP several times, don't see it, and in the modern game I think his size is a massive disadvantage.

I don't think it is a coincidence that with our current line up (first 11) we don't get bullied/overrun as much as previous years. We have fairly physically imposing side (Walker, Jan, Toby, Dier, Alli, Dembele, Kane and even Lamela isn't small), really only Rose (who has a very aggressive approach to game) & Erisken who don't fit the bill.

To be a small player in the PL, you have to be top tier exceptional, I don't see that in KWP (but I absolutely could be wrong)

But if he is not getting 'regular' premier league games it will be out of our control as we all know.
He looked a little sloppy at the beginning of the season and apparently injured since. I dont see him sitting on the bench being a backup for Alli and Eric. Ryan and Nabil are/will be back players.

Are you suggesting he might not have been injured? Or is that just a turn of phrase?

Where on earth did that comment come from? How can someone be the most promising full-back for say 40-50 years when he's not even been remotely tested?!?!? Hasn't even played a League Cup game yet, let alone a PL game!!

Would not be surprised to see him move on in the next couple of windows. I know he's been injured but it does seem to have been out for an awfully long time and we have not missed him and have Mason in waiting.

We sell someone because he's been injured? The guy still has development points but is very skilful, has presence and that little bit of arrogance/confidence which top players have. I would be amazed if he's not still a Spurs player next season as you seem to be suggesting

All players that are not featuring regularly get ants-in-pants but you must remember that Bentaleb has only been a first team player for one season really and has only recently signed a new contract. He certainly has had a meteoric rise from relative obscurity but I don't think he is in the position to demand to play (or leave) quite yet. I hope he is mature enough to see that Spurs are a club on the rise and a good place for a young ambitious player to play.
Anyway with the amount of games, injuries and what not he'll get his chance again soon and at that point he needs to show he's better than the player he is replacing. If he does then what a player we will have on our hands.

Where on earth did that comment come from? How can someone be the most promising full-back for say 40-50 years when he's not even been remotely tested?!?!? Hasn't even played a League Cup game yet, let alone a PL game!!

Same way as Edwards, Loftus-Cheek, Bale, Rooney etc. stand/stood-out from a young age

Bentaleb was flippin fantastic last year, some of you guys have short memories. He and Mason can get plenty of game time with all the games we get... remember we bombed out of the Carling Cup because the backups weren't good enough... if they were we would have a load more games to fit in, plenty of games for Bentaleb and Mason to play their part in all sorts of positions.

I still think he'll be our next player to go to Madrid. The world will be his ocean with his technique, intelligence and mentality.
I agree he's could become a very good PL player. The mentality will be tested now. If he can fight his way back into the team, and cuts out the foolish, bad passes, he is on the right track. If you mean going to Real, I personally would be VERY surprised.

Are we judging him on an early season game against Man Utd over the rest of his games for us? In the summer most posters on here would have been saying that he was a key player for us going forward. I know that Dier has been sensational since but we definitely still have a place in the squad for Bentaleb. He is also still very young and has the potential to get a lot better yet. I am sure that we have enough games to keep him, Dier, Alli and Mason happy and as the season goes on having the option to switch between them will become increasingly important.

Back