• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Agreed - barring an out-of-nowhere sloppy period towards the end of game, thought he was immense in an understated sort of way. Also extremely noticable how much of a leader he is - even at 19 he's constantly berating and ordering teammates around!

Spot on. Thought he had a couple of surging runs forward with the ball last night as well, though nothing in particualr came out of it, it's a skill that is handy for a central midfielder.

He was great last night. Easily man of the match IMO. I am a little worried that Paulinho's poor defensive showing had Bentaleb working overtime to compensate, and that might take it out of his legs for the West Ham game. It would be nice to bring in a squad player to cover/rotate but the options are poor. I don't trust Paulinho nor Capoue to put in a performance and dropping Dembele back would be shame considering he has found his mojo again further forward.
I wonder what is up with Stambouli?

I thought his guy was incredible against Fiorentina and one of the only few players who looked great today. He's really growing, the odd average game but he's so young still. Exciting! Really felt he wasn't quite ready last season, but he's getting better and better. If only he had a partner of quality, ideally someone experienced who could drag him through the sticky patches...

Bentaleb Stambouli should be our partnership from now on, but for some bizarre reason (oh Poch) Stambouli, after starting to look good, is now even behind paulinhp in the pecking order!!!

I thought his guy was incredible against Fiorentina and one of the only few players who looked great today. He's really growing, the odd average game but he's so young still. Exciting! Really felt he wasn't quite ready last season, but he's getting better and better. If only he had a partner of quality, ideally someone experienced who could drag him through the sticky patches...

Bentaleb Stambouli should be our partnership from now on, but for some bizarre reason (oh Poch) Stambouli, after starting to look good, is now even behind paulinhp in the pecking order!!!
I am thought he had been injured? What makes you think he is behind Paulinho?

Excellent player.

Links well with Mason but I would also like to see a more established player brought in to add more competition to our holding options.

Seems that Poch rates both Bentaleb and Stambouli as better options for the more holding of the two deep midfielders. Paulinho has been used as a backup for Mason primarily. Not sure it would make sense to partner Stambouli with Bentaleb, although it probably would be good in some games.

It's not a bizarre reason.

Tottenham midfielder Nabil Bentaleb has hit back at Sam Allardyce after the West Ham manager claimed Spurs should not have been awarded the penalty that led to their equaliser on Sunday.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...aleb-hits-back-at-west-ham-boss-sam-allardyce

Allardyce bemoaned the decision of referee Jonathan Moss after Alex Song brought down Harry Kane deep into stoppage time at White Hart Lane.

The former Bolton and Blackburn boss said Tottenham were “desperate” and suggested their players went down too easily throughout the game.

But Bentaleb said: “This is football. Sometimes the referee makes decisions and you just have to shut your mouth and not complain.

“Of course it was a penalty - there's no doubt about that. Maybe it’s because we scored from the penalty in the last minute; I can understand if he’s a little bit angry about this.

“He can say whatever he wants but if he wants to argue maybe we could say Mark Noble should have been sent off.

“The positive thing we can take out of this game is that we believed until the end and once again we scored in the last minute and managed to get that point.”

The 2-2 draw kept Spurs within touching distance of the top four – with third to seventh separated by just four points - while West Ham remain five points below their rivals in eighth.

He starting to take a lot more long range shots lately too. They'll soon be flying in.

Agreed. Strikes the ball really well.

Good to have a threat from range from those deeper midfield positions. Might not score more than a handful in a season, but it also changes the game dynamics a bit when defenders have to push out to close people down.

Both Bentaleb and Mason are good players, however I still believe that as a partnership they do not offer enough as a shield for our back four. One of the reasons we get caught out so many times at the back is that we lack a CM player who will fill in the spaces and pick up runners better, for me Stambouli should be in the team as he is better at doing this then either Bentaleb or Mason.

Agreed. Strikes the ball really well.

Good to have a threat from range from those deeper midfield positions. Might not score more than a handful in a season, but it also changes the game dynamics a bit when defenders have to push out to close people down.
He is averaging around 60 passes per game just like Modric used to for us, if Bentaleb can contribute 3-4 key goals a season like Luka that would really be the icing on the cake.

Both Bentaleb and Mason are good players, however I still believe that as a partnership they do not offer enough as a shield for our back four. One of the reasons we get caught out so many times at the back is that we lack a CM player who will fill in the spaces and pick up runners better, for me Stambouli should be in the team as he is better at doing this then either Bentaleb or Mason.

The back four need to get their act together. A decent defence doesnt need a shield.

He is averaging around 60 passes per game just like Modric used to for us, if Bentaleb can contribute 3-4 key goals a season like Luka that would really be the icing on the cake.

The way he has progressed (all down to Tim Sherwood :p) is very impressive. If he keeps going with the same trajectory I could see him scoring way more than Modric and being a vital part of the team for many years.

Tottenham midfielder Nabil Bentaleb has hit back at Sam Allardyce after the West Ham manager claimed Spurs should not have been awarded the penalty that led to their equaliser on Sunday.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...aleb-hits-back-at-west-ham-boss-sam-allardyce

Allardyce bemoaned the decision of referee Jonathan Moss after Alex Song brought down Harry Kane deep into stoppage time at White Hart Lane.

The former Bolton and Blackburn boss said Tottenham were “desperate” and suggested their players went down too easily throughout the game.

But Bentaleb said: “This is football. Sometimes the referee makes decisions and you just have to shut your mouth and not complain.

“Of course it was a penalty - there's no doubt about that. Maybe it’s because we scored from the penalty in the last minute; I can understand if he’s a little bit angry about this.

“He can say whatever he wants but if he wants to argue maybe we could say Mark Noble should have been sent off.

“The positive thing we can take out of this game is that we believed until the end and once again we scored in the last minute and managed to get that point.”

The 2-2 draw kept Spurs within touching distance of the top four – with third to seventh separated by just four points - while West Ham remain five points below their rivals in eighth.

OMG, the man just became an even bigger ledge in my mind. I will say it again, FUTURE SKIPPER!!!!!!!!!!

My main problem with Benji is that he is a bit 'space-invadersish' in his movement and his passing is erratic. Critically, he gets caught and tempted into rash challenges IMO...

Back