• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moving to Europe

And just to make you all want to move here .......... from today's news

TBAPGL
A Melbourne man has had both of his legs amputated and could lose both of his arms after being bitten by a white tailed spider.

Terry Pareja was visiting his brother and sister in Birchip when he was bitten by the spider on his right leg.

It wasn’t until 24 hours later, when his leg began to swell, that the father-of-two realised that he had been bitten, Stawell Times reports.

With no doctors’ surgeries open on the weekend in Birchip, Mr Pareja waited until Monday to get medical help.

After seeing a doctor, Mr Pareja was rushed to Wimmera Base Hospital where emergency surgery was performed to amputate his right leg, which had been eaten away by flesh-eating bacteria from the spider bite.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...es-legs-after-spider-bite#uIfC1FLPDWE1UgMw.99

Jesus Christ man, that is barbaric. The surgery wasn't open so he waited til Monday... then had both of his legs amputated. I don't like Australia any more, it is a bad, bad place.

I've been bitten by a white-tail :eek: but that was in NZ. I didn't suffer a severe reaction although my forearm did end up looking like Popeye's for a 24 hours or so.

Quite possibly Svickova I'd think.
Portfolio in Prague is quickly turning into my favourite place to visit, fairly new but has a really good choice and getting a name for itself now.
The Jidelna's (lunch diner) can be brilliant if you get a decent one that's for sure :)

Most traditional places will still offer the basic goulash, ribs, pork neck or knee etc etc but choosing the right place (as always) makes a big difference in what you get provided - there is nothing quite like sitting down in a good pub and enjoying a nice cold unfiltered Plsen with a quality venison dish and wasting away the hours.

Beer Gardens will be open soon too, happy-days..

Have you been to Eska? I went there with some friends a few weeks ago and was really impressed?

Jesus Christ man, that is barbaric. The surgery wasn't open so he waited til Monday... then had both of his legs amputated. I don't like Australia any more, it is a bad, bad place.

And they are massively racist, see the news today about how they are changing immigration rules, effecting the poorest paid just so that Australian nationals have more chance of getting a job. I was so disgusted and furious when I read it I was spitting feathers. I am currently in the process of organising a march around Westminster protesting at this blatant racism.

Have you been to Eska? I went there with some friends a few weeks ago and was really impressed?

I haven't no, though I see from looking it up it is owned by the Ambiente group so it could be quite good - their menu peeks the curiosity.

Čestr is quite good too, another of theirs, but I think it is still closed because of works to the State Opera building :(

Yeah, can't stand Australians - they're all racists.

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

I haven't no, though I see from looking it up it is owned by the Ambiente group so it could be quite good - their menu peeks the curiosity.

Čestr is quite good too, another of theirs, but I think it is still closed because of works to the State Opera building :(

I like Cestr, I've been there quite a few times. I believe that it is closed for the year but they are doing a pop up somewhere else whilst it is closed. I recommended it to @thfcsteff a couple of years back.

Eska is good. The Scandinavian influence is strong but it works.

Imagine putting your own nationals first. Disgusting on the Aussies part, worldwide condemnation to follow.

It's funny, but they do genuinely have a problem with the perception of them being outrageously racist. In my final year of high school, there was a spate of blatantly racist attacks on Indians in Australia that the Dubai press kicked up a big storm about (understandable, given that about 55% of the UAE's population is comprised of expatriates from South Asia). Accordingly, when the time for universities to do their big pitches to school students came about, the reps from the University of Wollongong and the University of New South Wales showed up at my (very diverse) school along with a couple of policy officers from the Australian embassy in Abu Dhabi - after the standard pitch the university reps gave us, the policy officers showed us a *long* slideshow/video about how Australia *totally* wasn't racist and how Aussies were all lovely blokes and the attacks were blown out of proportion by a vindictive South Asian media.

It blew my mind that they were sending foreign affairs officers out to local schools to tell kids they weren't racist. :p I went with Canada in the end, anyway, so no harm done, and I've never, ever regretted it.

Back