• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Any time I've seen him the only problem he has is that he can get a bit to eager in front of goal, 40 yards out he gets in his head he's going to score and just runs at it.
I've seen no evidence of the poor first touch Greg speaks, but as a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan Greg will have seen more of him than I have.

Evening Standard saying its 6 payments of 5m spread over 5 years which we stop paying if we ever sell him.

I feel instantly better :)

I've never heard of anything like that. That's an incredible deal. Credit to Levy.

I reckon we'll end up spending £18m on the transfer fee then. He'll be off in 3 years for £8m or so.

Basically a pay as he plays deal, £6m a year. It's a steal in this market.

Evening Standard saying its 6 payments of 5m spread over 5 years which we stop paying if we ever sell him.

just looked at the article and it says:

"Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Saudi Sportswashing Machine would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract."

Not sure that means we stop paying if he leaves just we don't pay the full £30 - otherwise we sell for £20M next year and make £8M profit?

"Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Saudi Sportswashing Machine would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract."

Not sure that means we stop paying if he leaves just we don't pay the full £30 - otherwise we sell for £20M next year and make £8M profit?
Sounds too good to be true really. There must be a catch.
Sell him to Everton now and make £24mil.

I suspect their agreed deal was the same.

Ultimately Ashley wanted the headline figure of 30m but no one would pay it, so this compromise suits all.
Does it? Sounds like it is Saudi Sportswashing Machine that is getting shafted really. As of now it is a 6mil transfer, headline figure not withstanding. Either Levy is a sith lord or we're missing something here.

I don't believe that at all - why would Saudi Sportswashing Machine agree to that? So if we flogged Sissoko in Jan, we could sell him for a very low price still make a profit on him? And Saudi Sportswashing Machine would get bug ger all?

More likely is that part of the £30m is contingent on him staying for 5 years so, very simplistically, the first 4 £6m payments are guaranteed and then the 5th only applies if he stays for the 5th year (ie if we flog him after say 3 years, then we still pay £24m)

I was about to make that point.

It would be too easy for us to sell him early for a profit. The deal must have a restructuring clause of some type so we pay less if we sell him early, perhaps dependent on what we sell him for.

Ashley probably wanted the headline figure. It could be similar to what Levy did with Bent, make a £16.5m deal with conditions, which were eventually achieved when he was sold on.

It was so obviously its a Levy deal... Yes you can claim its a 30mil deal Mr Ashley and look like a hero
22mil is probably market value for sissoko and i imagine thats the "real" cost

However in the small print are clauses that mean you will never get that...
Bent
Soldado
etc etc
Its how we do business, and probably reflects well on levy, happy to be panned for wasting the bale money whilst counting the cash.

Got to believe that's a bit of PR spin from Spurs, absolutely no way Saudi Sportswashing Machine agree to that deal as stated. Happy to agree there is truth in the middle but the idea that we pay in installments but don't owe the money if we sell him is just bonkers...why would they accept? Unless they really were worried about having an unhappy player for the season in the Championship and played an amazing game of brinksmanship...or really did need the money and again played an amazing game...

Interesting one.

It was so obviously its a Levy deal... Yes you can claim its a 30mil deal Mr Ashley and look like a hero
22mil is probably market value for sissoko and i imagine thats the "real" cost

However in the small print are clauses that mean you will never get that...
Bent
Soldado
etc etc
Its how we do business, and probably reflects well on levy, happy to be panned for wasting the bale money whilst counting the cash.

Its what make Daniel the best at what he does in the EPL and by a long way IMHO

More likely is that part of the £30m is contingent on him staying for 5 years so, very simplistically, the first 4 £6m payments are guaranteed and then the 5th only applies if he stays for the 5th year (ie if we flog him after say 3 years, then we still pay £24m)

Maybe first 3 installments are guaranteed

Got to believe that's a bit of PR spin from Spurs, absolutely no way Saudi Sportswashing Machine agree to that deal as stated. Happy to agree there is truth in the middle but the idea that we pay in installments but don't owe the money if we sell him is just bonkers...why would they accept? Unless they really were worried about having an unhappy player for the season in the Championship and played an amazing game of brinksmanship...or really did need the money and again played an amazing game...

Interesting one.

It also may add more to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine balance sheet but spread over a more favourable period as there is FFP now in EFL

Back