• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He was meant to be playing right wing? I thought he was meant to be in the middle....
Not sure where he was meant to be but he ended up on the right. To me, it looked like a middle three of Sissoko, Dier, Alli from right to left for most of the match with Eriksen and Moura pushing up nearer Kane.

Either way, Sissoko's contribution was pretty much entirely on the right and virtually none of what the team did was on that side.

Screenshot_20180811-235424_Chrome.jpg

So who was our worst player then, apart from Aurier who was gash
Aurier delivered a peach of a cross that basically won us the game. Then he did some good stuff and some not so good, like everyone else. Moura had a really disappointing game, and Eriksen was nowhere near his standards. In fact he was poor. Same goes for Kane, but for me Moura had absolutely no impact. It's no coincidence that he was subbed relatively early.

Not sure where he was meant to be but he ended up on the right. To me, it looked like a middle three of Sissoko, Dier, Alli from right to left for most of the match with Eriksen and Moura pushing up nearer Kane.

Either way, Sissoko's contribution was pretty much entirely on the right and virtually none of what the team did was on that side.

View attachment 4852

Both our goals came from the right
He also wasnt playing in the right when he had his shot
There was a lot of times when he playing as right back because Aurier had gone foward but we fudged uo the passing in attack

Still feel for Sissoko. Hard to build confidence not playing week in and out, especially with Spurs fans slating him.

But I wish we'd sold Sissoko :oops: Aurier is close to attaining Sissoko status, but fair dues he won the game for us with a perfect cross! Aurier has ability, it's his spatial awareness and cool that are just not there at the moment. Why did we sign these two? Aurier I think can come good. I wish we'd kept the cash shelled on them and spent it on Thomas Lemar.

Last edited:
It is as much to do with Aurier and his multitude of liabilities. His cross for Dele was brilliant. That was it. The amount of times his sloppy mess was cleaned up became hard to tally.

Not that Aurier deserves any real support - I feel he and Sissoko do not jive at all. I do feel Aurier has it in him to do (a lot) better, I cant say the same for Sissoko.

Id like to see him with better players, for a run, to see how that pans out - as he is paired with Sissoko more often than not.

Not that Aurier deserves any real support - I feel he and Sissoko do not jive at all. I do feel Aurier has it in him to do (a lot) better, I cant say the same for Sissoko.

Id like to see him with better players, for a run, to see how that pans out - as he is paired with Sissoko more often than not.

Certainly a fair point.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Since he joined Spurs in 2016, he's made 60+ appearances, scored once and never been part of a club out of the top three or outside of CL group stage qualification.

You think if he was the unpolishable turd many 'experts' on here think he is, he'd have been dropped and/or sent on his way.

Instead, our esteemed manager, Mauricio Pochettino, continues to play him and sing his praises about his work ethic and commitment.

When Poch has an issue with him, I'll have an issue with him. Until then, I'll just keep looking at the table and working with whatever he's providing.

Yeah pretty clear tbf, at least 3 game ban then, arguably more for trying to play the innocent party.

Would understand if the fa wish to use this as an example and issue a 4-6 game ban. Especially after a few years ago, when he bashed that Bournemouth guy in the head.

Aurier maybe 2 game ban for clearly seeing the incident and not telling the referee?

Could force Poch to play Eriksen deeper and start KWP.

Watching the game it was clear that we had options down that side - hence us scoring both goals from the right, however we did make a lot of poor passes going that way
As usual when Sissoko plays, we have options on that side but our players would rather dribble through a wall than pass to him

Since he joined Spurs in 2016, he's made 60+ appearances, scored once and never been part of a club out of the top three or outside of CL group stage qualification.

You think if he was the unpolishable turd many 'experts' on here think he is, he'd have been dropped and/or sent on his way.

Instead, our esteemed manager, Mauricio Pochettino, continues to play him and sing his praises about his work ethic and commitment.

When Poch has an issue with him, I'll have an issue with him. Until then, I'll just keep looking at the table and working with whatever he's providing.
Even the best managers get things wrong.

Ferguson gave plenty of starts to duds in his time.

Yeah pretty clear tbf, at least 3 game ban then, arguably more for trying to play the innocent party.

Would understand if the fa wish to use this as an example and issue a 4-6 game ban. Especially after a few years ago, when he bashed that Bournemouth guy in the head.

Aurier maybe 2 game ban for clearly seeing the incident and not telling the referee?

Could force Poch to play Eriksen deeper and start KWP.
Would the bans get doubled if we lodge an unsuccessful appeal?

Back