• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

BrainOfLevy:
please comment the compilation of him from this season. Linked 4 times. How much worth are his quick bursts forward? 0:40 and 1:40, 1:50 are some highlights of his abillity. Also comment why the compilations cut before so many times just before his crosses. Should any player be able to do better regardless of the team's play style?

You say regular bursts. Please comment the goal Alli scored against Swansea. footage also linked in this thread. Keep in mind Sissoko came on with fresh legs. How is his work rate, did you say?
Regular bursts... Also comment Sissoko's contribution against Newport where he literally stood still watching first Wanyama and then Son. Is standing still and watching hard work? Feel free to look at their goal as well. How was his positioning and what did he do? Hint: he stood still watching the situation unfold, which is his habit. yes, he could not prevent the goal.

Please comment his technique for France against Belarus. Please comment his end product against Portugal. Links provided in thread.

Do you think a PL footballer should regularly show better ability with the ball than what Sissoko shows in those videos?

To answer your question again. Wanyama and Dier are excused, because they are match winner types. Sissoko has never been a match winner, and will never be one.

Ooooooooh fine, if you really want me to engage in this. Please comment on Sissoko setting up Kane's goal in Cyprus this season. Please comment on Sissoko laying on Lamela's easy chance against Southampton. Please ahhhhhhhhhh I just wanna shoot myself.

I think his work rate is excellent, and he wouldn't be near a Poch side if he didn't have it. I think his pass completion stats and number of key passes are usually well up with the rest of the team, and certainly at the level of a professional footballer. I really don't get your Newport stuff...I'm sure there were times that he stood, because sometimes it's better to not get in the way or draw another opposition player to the man in possession, or maybe a million other things. But if I had the heart I would pull together a load of clips of him passing and moving because I see him do it every game with regularity to the point I think the debate is silly. Are you blaming him for the Newport goal now?

As for Dier and Wanyama, I think you excuse them because they more obviously fit your ideal of what a defensive midfielder looks like. It's easier for you to identify with them. I don't think you are minded to appreciate the role Sissoko has because it is somewhat more subtle, somewhat more modern, and a lot of the benefits come from allowing others to shine with freedom / preventing danger from happening to the point that it doesn't actually happen. He has a selfless job, not a headline grabbing one. Otherwise I can't see how you'd describe either of them as match winners and not him.

You are completely mental, its official.

Sissoko is an entirely limited player, we are making the best of a bad situation. He is technically the weakest player we have, and while his defensive contributions are clearly his strongest contributions even they are wildly inconsistent. Against SCBC for example he was very poor defensively.

Youve jumped the shark mate, Im not playing anymore.

You win, Poch was speaking in tongues his tactical talk was so high brow its beyond comprehension, Sissoko is a fudging genius and the majority of Spurs fans just arent as enlightened as you to be able to see it. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
By the way, IIRC and if it makes it any easier to bear, Levy is paying £6m per season to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, not £30m up front. Ashley wanted impress the fans with a headline £30m.

Not one Spurs fan I've spoken to can understand what Poch is on about, how 99% of the collective fans of Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Spurs can see one thing and Poch (and BoL) see a complete illusion.

You are completely mental, its official.

Sissoko is an entirely limited player, we are making the best of a bad situation. He is technically the weakest player we have, and while his defensive contributions are clearly his strongest contributions even they are wildly inconsistent. Against SCBC for example he was very poor defensively.

Youve jumped the shark mate, Im not playing anymore.

You win, Poch was soeaking in tongues his tactical talk was so high brow, sissoko is a fudging genius and the majority of Spurs fans just arent as enlightened as you to be able to see it. I stand corrected.

Poch barely started getting into the tactical detail, but he did go into it, and he tried to explain. I just tried to explain it in a somewhat more expanded way. But I'm pretty sure this ability to know when to press, when to drop, when to recognize danger, when to keep shape, when you can move up etc etc is something that Winks has over Onomah and why Winks is ahead of Onomah because of it. And I'm pretty certain that's what Sissoko has over Onomah too. It's also something that Dier had pretty massively over Ryan Mason for example. (I saw a great video analysis comparing Dier's first game in midfield at OT vs Mason's last game at OT for us, and the difference between them in knowing when to drop, when to press, when to make the right off the ball decision every single time, is likely the reason Mason was sold)

If what I'm saying was easy, you could get every player to do it, but it isn't. To build a team that presses high it takes months of getting it right with players that are bought in, and frankly, players that are trusted to do it. Sissoko is trusted to enable us to play the way we play.

There simply has to be a logical reason why he's here - that it is so hard to comprehend for a lot of people does not entirely surprise me. That people would rather leap to what they understand from previous as opposed to learn something new or accept something new, also doesn't entirely surprise me.

Reactions: DTA
No, seriously mate, you are clearly on a mission - I dont even think this is about Sissoko any more, you clearly arent even talking about the same player.

It thats where youre at, Im not interested, its a fools game. Enjoy, Im done.

By the way, IIRC and if it makes it any easier to bear, Levy is paying £6m per season to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, not £30m up front. Ashley wanted impress the fans with a headline £30m.

Not one Spurs fan I've spoken to can understand what Poch is on about, how 99% of the collective fans of Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Spurs can see one thing and Poch (and BoL) see a complete illusion.

does that not tell you that maybe fans are operating on a different level of understanding than professional coaches? Rather than just jumping to the idea that they've either gone mad, are lying, or don't know what they are talking about, maybe it is worth trying to understand them? If 99% of collective football coaches all said the same thing, I'd be inclined to check myself.

Poch barely started getting into the tactical detail, but he did go into it, and he tried to explain. I just tried to explain it in a somewhat more expanded way. But I'm pretty sure this ability to know when to press, when to drop, when to recognize danger, when to keep shape, when you can move up etc etc is something that Winks has over Onomah and why Winks is ahead of Onomah because of it. And I'm pretty certain that's what Sissoko has over Onomah too. It's also something that Dier had pretty massively over Ryan Mason for example. (I saw a great video analysis comparing Dier's first game in midfield at OT vs Mason's last game at OT for us, and the difference between them in knowing when to drop, when to press, when to make the right off the ball decision every single time, is likely the reason Mason was sold)

If what I'm saying was easy, you could get every player to do it, but it isn't. To build a team that presses high it takes months of getting it right with players that are bought in, and frankly, players that are trusted to do it. Sissoko is trusted to enable us to play the way we play.

There simply has to be a logical reason why he's here - that it is so hard to comprehend for a lot of people does not entirely surprise me. That people would rather leap to what they understand from previous as opposed to learn something new or accept something new, also doesn't entirely surprise me.

Poch's English is so mangled, that I have not come across a single media statement from him that has been clear in meaning. You are drawing a very long bow to suggest otherwise. His statement re Sissoko's 'qualities was goobeldy gook. "We are very calm about the situation... yes we are always calm etc, etc.

Poch's English is so mangled, that I have not come across a single media statement from him that has been clear in meaning. You are drawing a very long bow to suggest otherwise. His statement re Sissoko's 'qualities was goobeldy gook. "We are very calm about the situation... yes we are always calm etc, etc.
Really? I think Pochettino’s English is pretty good. He has standard phrases that he likes to use, but I don’t think I have ever been unclear as to the meaning of ny of his media statements.

Really? I think Pochettino’s English is pretty good. He has standard phrases that he likes to use, but I don’t think I have ever been unclear as to the meaning of ny of his media statements.

Usually they are as clear as mud, and about as useful. He gives NOTHING away and fills in with a series of sound bite platitudes, "We are calm."

Yea Poch is renound for giving nothing away to the media. I quite like it, you know he’s not going to be involved in any stupid spats with other managers, or put any players noses out of joint. He just goes in and flat bats everything, the Geoffrey Boycott of press conferences.
He’ll just wait until Brave New World Part 2 and spill all the beans (and the lasagne).

Why do people keep on saying this? Poch even confirmed that it was £30 million.

I don't think we paid 30 million upfront but then again, almost all transfers aren't done as lump sums.

He's done his job this season I guess but I hope we can move him on for a decent enough price this summer.

We were poetry in motion at times tonight, without having to carry 13 stone Sissoko around the pitch on our backs.

So nice to see all 11 players able to pass and move and play.

We were poetry in motion at times tonight, without having to carry 13 stone Sissoko around the pitch on our backs.

So nice to see all 11 players able to pass and move and play.

I hate to do it, I really do, because nothing should detract from what an awesome performance that was tonight. Every single player was fantastic.

But it will be soooooo grating if people start thinking we were able to play like that because Sissoko wasn’t on the pitch. Ignoring Real Madrid home game. Ignoring Burnley away. Everton away. We will play well with him and without him.

And just for clarity, I’d have the Dembele that played tonight ahead of Sissoko in the team any day of the week, but please let’s not use an awesome performance as an excuse to Sissoko-bash. We have played well with him. We have played well without him.

Here. Fcukin'. Here.

Herd mentality, indeed. But with the smallest sets of antlers imaginable. Enough.

If Poch is picking him, he's good enough.
But Poch didn't pick him. And then we played football really well.

I don't think that's a coincidence.

For the past few months the "sheep" in this thread have been pointing out that he ruins our tempo on the ball. That he not only isn't capable of joining in the quick passing and movement that the rest of the team excels in, but he often gets in the way of space the others are trying to occupy or pass through.

It's no surprise to me either that our pressing was way more intelligent and a bit less.... Forrest Gump... for want of a better term. Trippier was a little exposed at times, but no more than Aurier has been with Sissoko at times IMO.

The way we played last night is precisely why I don't want Sissoko on the pitch. Sissoko is a brake on that kind of football.

Last edited:
Back