• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I don't think anyone is blaming the result on Sissoko.

Pretty much everyone had a poor game, Poch included. The reason we're talking about Sissoko is that this is yet another poor match where he shows that he is not good enough for us. There's no need to ask why Alli or Eriksen start - they're two if the best players in the league. There are a number of very good reasons to ask why Poch persists with Sissoko though.

At least he reduced the number of times he tackled himself today. Made up for it by tackling Kane though!
Sissoko was one of our better players today and he still is getting the majority of the criticism. People don't like him, I get it, but there is no balance in the criticism.

I'm not a big Sissoko fan at all but I am amazed at some of the reactions being posted. Those having a go at Sissoko really need to take a hard look at yourselves. If you watched that match and came away thinking we lost because of him then your objectivity is gone and maybe your credibility with it. Why don't you direct your criticism against the players who actually deserve it today. They are plenty to choose from.

As I said in the match thread, there were others equally as poor as him today. The point is that he doesn’t have the basics; can’t pass accurately, no vision, a terrible first touch and awful positioning. And we see it every week.

For me, running up and down a lot isn’t enough to be in a team that wants to win things.

As I said in the match thread, there were others equally as poor as him today. The point is that he doesn’t have the basics; can’t pass accurately, no vision, a terrible first touch and awful positioning. And we see it every week.

For me, running up and down a lot isn’t enough to be in a team that wants to win things.
Well I disagree with that first statement. Most were far worse than him today but I can see that your mind is not for changing so I won't waste my time trying.

Sissoko was one of our better players today and he still is getting the majority of the criticism. People don't like him, I get it, but there is no balance in the criticism.
As I said, because it's yet another poor performance.

Kane had a poor game by his standards but only a fool would drop him. Eriksen too. Sissoko has yet to look like a footballer for us yet keeps getting picked.

My wife doesn't watch Spurs much any more, apparently I get too shouty. She came in and saw Sissoko trying to control the ball, started laughing and asked me who the fudge it is playing in the 17 shirt for us. This is a person who regularly watches Palace play - she sees some of the league's worst players most weekends yet can still laugh at Sissoko's "ability"

Poor!!!!

Wow

The poor players well all in front of him IMO

Ah, his 'apologists'. I see. Well, from my perspective as an 'apologist', you absolutely don't want him to be brilliant - you want him to be awful, because it allows you to dump on him as your sacrificial lamb, the player you knew would be sh*te. You can criticize him and be happy that you're being proven 'right', as if always expecting the worst from a player is ever truly 'right'. You brave, visionary fan, you.

I quite seriously doubt you can ever say what you see with regard to Sissoko, unless you 'see' only what you want to see and nothing else. Which is admittedly possible - probable, even.

Once again, there were eight players on that field immeasurably worse than Sissoko in every aspect of the game - from defensive to offensive to showing a bit of heart, fight and spirit. They gave the ball away more, they were lazier, slower, less interested, more useless and less dangerous in *every* respect. Kieran Trippier, Eric Dier, Jan Vertonghen, Ben Davies, Mousa Dembele, Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen, Harry Kane. Eight golden boys who were indescribably awful at times.

And yet, you choose to label Sissoko as the worst out of all them.

It does indeed make some things quite clear.

Complete and utter horsebrick. And this is precisely why I am loathe to get invovled with debate with you, as you invariably argue to what ever your imagination can conjure, rather than the posts at hand.

If in the next game Sissoko plays a blinder, Ill sure as hell be delighted about it, and Ill sure as hell being on here giving credit where its due.

I gain nothing from expecting him to mess up and then watching him confirm my expectation. And I dont expect a mess up because I desire it, because I want it - or because Ive some agenda against him. Simply because thats what he consistently does. Same as I expect Alli to nutmeg someone, Vertonghen to go galavanting up field, and Trippier to put in a peach of a cross.

Its simply observation, and no more.

Poor!!!!

Wow

The poor players well all in front of him IMO

Why was Kane poor today? Did he get any service? Why not? Arsenal were all over our midfield.
Alli made several good runs. Good defender interceptions denied him opportunities.
Eriksen was invisible today. We needed an alternative player to step up, when our star players don't shine. Sissoko lacks the skills, and thus he should not be played. He offers absolutely nothing going forward. His so-called power runs have zero end product.

Can't wait for Lamela to be back! Somebody who is defensively strong(Sissoko's only strength) and has great technique.

I watched your game, Sissoko was poor. He had a lot of the ball because Arsenal's tactics were to let him have it and stop the supply getting to your better players.
Exactly! Arsenal knew that he was no threat, so they let him have the ball while denying room for skilled players like Eriksen, Alli and Kane.

Crikey, some amazing reactions to Sissoko today.

If you are expecting to lose the ball, that isn’t his fault.

He was way better than nearly every other player today. But again, it’s not that he is beyond criticism. It is that as can be seen from this thread, he gets called very poor, useless, awful etc when he just wasn’t.

Dele Alli was terrible today. Wanna talk about losing the ball? That was him all over. But it’s fine because he made ‘several good runs’...come on guys.

Why was Kane poor today? Did he get any service? Why not? Arsenal were all over our midfield.
Alli made several good runs. Good defender interceptions denied him opportunities.
Eriksen was invisible today. We needed an alternative player to step up, when our star players don't shine. Sissoko lacks the skills, and thus he should not be played. He offers absolutely nothing going forward. His so-called power runs have zero end product.

Can't wait for Lamela to be back! Somebody who is defensively strong(Sissoko's only strength) and has great technique.
Kane was awful
Alli was really and arguably the worst player on the pitch
Erisken was insvisble too

When your out worked by Ozil you have had a poor game and for me those three were really poor

He was way better than nearly every other player today. But again, it’s not that he is beyond criticism. It is that as can be seen from this thread, he gets called very poor, useless, awful etc when he just wasn’t.

Dele Alli was terrible today. Wanna talk about losing the ball? That was him all over. But it’s fine because he made ‘several good runs’...come on guys.
Alli had a terrible game, as did most of our team and our manager.

Alli has shown himself to be one of the best players in the league - he has earned a starting place in our team.

Sissoko had a par game by his ability. Unfortunately for us, a par game by Sissoko's standards is below that of a professional footballer.

Well I disagree with that first statement. Most were far worse than him today but I can see that your mind is not for changing so I won't waste my time trying.

Honestly, I’ll happily change my opinion if he starts playing well. I get no pleasure out of watching his performances at the minute. Why would I? I want us to win and it’s no fun seeing a player whose confidence is so obviously shot.

I do struggle to know what he’s doing to earn his selection at the minute though.

Complete and utter horsebrick. And this is precisely why I am loathe to get invovled with debate with you, as you invariably argue to what ever your imagination can conjure, rather than the posts at hand.

The feeling is mutual, I assure you.

I gain nothing from expecting him to mess up and then watching him confirm my expectation. And I dont expect a mess up because I desire it, because I want it - or because Ive some agenda against him. Simply because thats what he consistently does. Same as I expect Alli to nutmeg someone, Vertonghen to go galavanting up field, and Trippier to put in a peach of a cross.

Its simply observation, and no more.

Your 'simple' observations are utterly, utterly blind. This is exactly why arguing with you is a pain on my my end as well - you willfully force yourself to be utterly blind to what goes on in a game, and then gleefully come on post-game with absolutely worthless tosh like 'Sissoko was the worst player on the field today'. It is utterly unrooted in reality, absolutely blind to the fact that there were eight players on the field *worse* than him - much, much worse.

You conjure up your own imaginary version of what happened, and then have the nerve - the cheek - to accuse others of doing the same. In your world, Sissoko was the worst player today. Believe me, it is indeed very imaginative.

It is also utterly, comprehensively wrong from almost every angle. But that's no barrier to crapping on Sissoko to feel superior and insightful, I suppose.

His run towards the end of the game summed him up, and is the reason why he isn't very good. It catches the eye for those that don't really understand the game, but there's nothing substantive there. It was a brilliant run, 60 or 70 yards but he then gives the ball away so nothing comes from it. Like his performance in Euro 2016, people were raving about him because of a few runs but his end product in that tournament was 0 goals and 0 assists.

Today he did a few eye catching runs, but didn't create anything or link up at all with your better players in front of him. Arsenal knew what they were doing.

Your 'simple' observations are utterly, utterly blind. This is exactly why arguing with you is a pain on my my end as well - you willfully force yourself to be utterly blind to what goes on in a game, and then gleefully come on post-game with absolutely worthless tosh like 'Sissoko was the worst player on the field today'. It is utterly unrooted in reality, absolutely blind to the fact that there were eight players on the field *worse* than him - much, much worse.

You conjure up your own imaginary version of what happened, and then have the nerve - the cheek - to accuse others of doing the same. In your world, Sissoko was the worst player today. Believe me, it is indeed very imaginative.

It is also utterly, comprehensively wrong from almost every angle. But that's no barrier to crapping on Sissoko to feel superior and insightful, I suppose.

Over complicating things is far from a deeper understanding, often (and in your case) its quite the opposite. Evidenced by your inability to answer what people actually post.

This is hilarious, please continue. We both know you need the last word ;O)

Nobody says it "is fine". Fact is that players like Alli, Kane and Eriksen are given some slack, because they can out of the blue create a goal, even when they have a bad day at the office. They all played below par today. Why? lack of service? good defending? bad day at the office?

Sissoko played above par and was never ever a threat. When Bale burst forward we were always excited, because we knew there was going to be end product, a cross or an attempt on goal. When Alli bursts forward we know he can create an opportunity. When Sissoko bursts forward we all know he will mis-control and ultimately give the ball to a defender. Or GHod forbid, he actually makes it to get a chance to shoot, he is then so out of balance that he pokes it 5 meters wide (or worse),

Sissoko is our weakest link. It is clear for everybody, even Arsenal. And the better sides have the skill to exploit it by neutralizing the other players. They know they don't need to neutralize Sissoko as his poor ball control does it. Give Sissoko the ball and our moves slow down, giving the defenders time to control our attackers. Arsenal knew this and had the skill to pull it off.

Over complicating things is far from a deeper understanding, often (and in your case) its quite the opposite. Evidenced by your inability to answer what people actually post.

This is hilarious, please continue. We both know you need the last word ;O)

What you actually post basically boils down to 'Sissoko is always sh*t'. I'm sure you can find a tropical parrot to repeat it back to you over and over again, since that seems to be the 'answer' to your post that you actually want.

Back