• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Can anybody please explain why we didn't cough up similar fees for:
- Batshuayi
- Mane
- Wijnaldum?

Also, please explain how this is not a panic buy?

Ta

We were linked with him earlier this summer; entirely possible that Levy thought that waiting to the last minute would get the price down - would Saudi Sportswashing Machine want to keep someone who said they wanted to leave? In the end the price didn't drop

I just watched the video I posted above. Half of it is the last game of last season against us when Sissoko tore us apart, won the penalty, assisted Mitro's header, assisted Wijnaldum goal, had some good shots and runs... basically it seems like Poch hated watching it, stewed on it all summer and decided to buy the fecker

We need to stop buying players based on how they play against us...

WOW - SOLD CHADLI WITH 25 GOALS IN 3 YEARS AND REPLACED HIM WITH SOMEONE WITH 8 IN THE SAME PERIOD FOR 30M.

Clueless and desperate - shows Levy up to be a poor business man with poor oversight and looks like we threw money at the one who was available. Zaha over this guy any day and I wasn't even that keen on him for 25.

Shambles

Chaldi couldn't keep up with the team

A few Moussa Sissoko quotes for you to enjoy.

January 2015
"Arsenal have always been the club of my heart"

June 2016
"Arsenal is one of the best European teams. To be watched by that sort of club, that proves that you are a quality player. It is good to know. I hope that I will have the chance, soon, to play for this club."

We were linked with him earlier this summer; entirely possible that Levy thought that waiting to the last minute would get the price down - would Saudi Sportswashing Machine want to keep someone who said they wanted to leave? In the end the price didn't drop

When were we linked earlier this summer? Genuinely asking, happy to see weblinks.

Regardless, out of the four i mentioned, was Sissoko REALLy the one worth the big spend? Was he more of a priority?

there was real crazy talk about Sissoko after the euro's, Madrid and the like, it would have been stupid to get involved then

I am not convinced by him either. He is good once in a while, but not often enough. I am also unsure about where we are going to play him. I see him as a player who is best suited to playing in a midfield three with license to roam forward, but we don't play with such a system. He is not a holding midfielder, and no winger either, although he does play there at times.

His main strength as I see it, is that he is quick and strong and difficult to stop when he has space to run in. He murdered us in the last game of last season when he had all kinds of space to run into, but you rarely get that kind of space, of course. We do need quicker and more direct players, so he fills those criteria, and we also badly needed to bulk up our squad, so let's hope he can give us something a bit different.

Sky so making us out to be the bad guys! Terrible Daniel Levy.

I can only think that DL has promised Poch an additional signing this window and when Isco did not come off, and Zaha was not available, he has had to put his money where his mouth is and go the full whack on Sissoko. I'm not wholly convinced but as long as he is on Poch's list, even if not top choice, then I can live with it although the fee feels ridiculous.
I am less worried about attitude. He won't get away with any prima donna antics.

Back