• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I think we're right to place some real expectations with Son this season. A season settling in, good in periods, now the second season a very talented player should be able to push on. Janssen and Kane together. Jansen is primarily a striker, but Kane is a very capable #10 and two strikers is always an option now. Nkoudou... Sure. But we've signed him for a solid chunk of change, surely we're right to expect something?

If Poch believes... Sure. If Poch truly believed Sissoko was very important for us I think we would have moved earlier and been willing to spend the money to get him in.

If that's the plan I think we'd be able to find someone who could be Dembele's backup for a lot less than the £25-30m being mentioned for Sissoko...

Onomah is a great talent in my eyes. Blocking his way to the first team for a good, but not great 27 year old for big money isn't my cup of tea.

Onomah may have potential but he's done zero so far in the first 11 to suggest htat he's closer to be ready to playing in the PL or CL

I think we're right to place some real expectations with Son this season. A season settling in, good in periods, now the second season a very talented player should be able to push on. Janssen and Kane together. Jansen is primarily a striker, but Kane is a very capable #10 and two strikers is always an option now. Nkoudou... Sure. But we've signed him for a solid chunk of change, surely we're right to expect something?

If Poch believes... Sure. If Poch truly believed Sissoko was very important for us I think we would have moved earlier and been willing to spend the money to get him in.

If that's the plan I think we'd be able to find someone who could be Dembele's backup for a lot less than the £25-30m being mentioned for Sissoko...

Onomah is a great talent in my eyes. Blocking his way to the first team for a good, but not great 27 year old for big money isn't my cup of tea.
We was rumoured to be interested in him a lot earlier in the summer. Could it not be the case that we was quoted the what large fee of 30m of the time and Levy was hoping to negotiate Down to a fairer fee nearer deadline? Obviously not going to happen. But the deals we got done early for both Janssen and Wanyama look to of been done at good prices,this is a bit more premium....

We was rumoured to be interested in him a lot earlier in the summer. Could it not be the case that we was quoted the what large fee of 30m of the time and Levy was hoping to negotiate Down to a fairer fee nearer deadline? Obviously not going to happen. But the deals we got done early for both Janssen and Wanyama look to of been done at good prices,this is a bit more premium....

Thing is and unfortunately with Levy is that he wants a bargain at every deal. Yes Jansen and wanyama could be decent deals but sometimes you have to bend over and get completely bum fcuked in order to get a player.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Fair point. Was also thinking that if you aggregate the main three transfers so far plus £30m for Sissoko the overall / average price isnt bad because the others were signed on the cheap

Onomah may have potential but he's done zero so far in the first 11 to suggest htat he's closer to be ready to playing in the PL or CL

That's the thing about young talented players before they've gotten a chance to prove themselves. Was the case with a lot of other youngsters Pochettino has trusted with success.

should have course be. But it seems very speculative...

We paid a solid fee for Janssen who had one good season in the Dutch league behind him. Wanyama was fairly chap, but for me a limited DM shouldn't cost much more.

agree with this though he still isn't worth 30 million even in this market, 20 max.

Thing is and unfortunately with Levy is that he wants a bargain at every deal. Yes Jansen and wanyama could be decent deals but sometimes you have to bend over and get completely bum fcuked in order to get a player.

Sometimes... Not for a squad player like Sissoko.

The problem with many fans is that they want Levy to bend over the barrel every damned deal they slightly fancy.

Sometimes... Not for a squad player like Sissoko.

The problem with many fans is that they want Levy to bend over the barrel every damned deal they slightly fancy.

Yeh I'm not sure he's worth the bending over either. I think for fans it the signing of the player that excites them. As soon as we are linked and we make an official bid the fans only want the deal to go through. To take that away from them is like taking a toy away from them and until you replace that toy with another toy then the fan won't be happy.

GHod I talk some brick.

I think our desperation and that is what it looks like to me bidding for Zaha and now Sissoko must be part of the reason Mitchell left, I know you could accuse me of adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5, but 2 plus 2 is 4 and that is what I think this is.

surely this means his "algorithms" produced their names?

if this is the result of the black box then bring back David Pleat

I think our desperation and that is what it looks like to me bidding for Zaha and now Sissoko must be part of the reason Mitchell left, I know you could accuse me of adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5, but 2 plus 2 is 4 and that is what I think this is.

Think you are doing 2 +2 = 9. We don't know what happened with Mitchell, either the role wasn't what he expected, and/or the limitations Levy puts on finding players (age/price/resale) made his role harder and he couldn't/wouldn't adjust.

To me Zaha/Sissoko/others mentioned seem to indicate Poch has his first 11, and is not looking for a plan b, something unpredictable/wildcard ..

We obviously identified Wanyama, Janssen & Nkoudou a long time ago, and for the most part wrapped it up early, so the accusations of panic buy don't really stand.

You see desperation?
Pochettino went on a little holiday for deadline day... How desperate could we be?

We wrapped up a couple of deals that were as good as done. Same as every (summer) end of transfer window and deadline day there's loads of rumours, most of them flimflam. We perhaps try to make a steal with a late deal as people are getting desperate. If we can't we're fine anyway.

surely this means his "algorithms" produced their names?

if this is the result of the black box then bring back David Pleat

Or the names it produced were not acted on by the "panel" and they went a different direction which is why he left, I am not bothered by the last week or so of transfer business, I quite like our slow long term approach and am happy for us to finish 4th-8th in the league while we build and pay for the stadium and promote youngsters with one or two signings.

But we know we went after zaha and now Sissoko and I honestly have it on good authority we were looking at Phil Jones, so it all seems a bit odd. It is almost like we decided on a new approach in terms of identifying transfer targets but cant quite give up the old one.

Sissoko got scored less goals last season tht almost all our first 11 and people call him back up for Alli

He is a good player but we have much better already and it's crazy money for a squad player

Sissoko got scored less goals last season tht almost all our first 11 and people call him back up for Alli

He is a good player but we have much better already and it's crazy money for a squad player

He was playing for a team which got relegated

Or the names it produced were not acted on by the "panel" and they went a different direction which is why he left, I am not bothered by the last week or so of transfer business, I quite like our slow long term approach and am happy for us to finish 4th-8th in the league while we build and pay for the stadium and promote youngsters with one or two signings.

But we know we went after zaha and now Sissoko and I honestly have it on good authority we were looking at Phil Jones, so it all seems a bit odd. It is almost like we decided on a new approach in terms of identifying transfer targets but cant quite give up the old one.

I could get behind Jones, any player that's good enough for Fergie is good enough for me

I genuinely think Zaha and Sissoko are seen as value signings, I don't think it's Poch or Levy playing FM, if the club think they are good enough so be it

Back