• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

Think the risk of them losing him to Monaco for free in the summer has hopefully forced their hand.

Think the risk of them losing him to Monaco for free in the summer has hopefully forced their hand.

Even if he goes to an English club in the summer, they are not going to get big money at tribunal because he hasn't been with them that long.

Apparently this Guardian guy was the first one to call the Townsend deal being concluded (prior to Andros' driving out tweet)

That sounds promising.

I would still be a bit worried that he has what it takes leading the line for PL team pushing for the title (if Kane got crocked), but I will freely admit I've never seen him play before. I wonder will we still pursue Berahino, and if a deal can be done with WBA that would give us an option to loan Dembele Jr back to Fulham.

5 months ago would you imagine a kid from League 1 and some random Austrian playing near the bottom of the league in Germany being crucial parts of our team?

There's no way we'll sign 2 forwards considering how overloaded we already are with AMs (8 strong players fighting for 3 positions)

That sounds promising.

I would still be a bit worried that he has what it takes leading the line for PL team pushing for the title (if Kane got crocked), but I will freely admit I've never seen him play before. I wonder will we still pursue Berahino, and if a deal can be done with WBA that would give us an option to loan Dembele Jr back to Fulham.

The chances of that happening are slim to none. It would require Son, Chadli, Njie and Lamela at least to be injured as well.

5 months ago would you imagine a kid from League 1 and some random Austrian playing near the bottom of the league in Germany being crucial parts of our team?

There's no way we'll sign 2 forwards considering how overloaded we already are with AMs (8 strong players fighting for 3 positions)
You are probably right but having a unproven kid as backup to Kane really doesn't fill me with confidence. My point was we loan Dembele back to Fulham for a while.

You are probably right but having a unproven kid as backup to Kane really doesn't fill me with confidence. My point was we loan Dembele back to Fulham for a while.

Why buy him now and loan him back for 6 months when his contract expires in the summer? That way Fulham
get the best of both worlds, they get him for the rest of his contract and a transfer fee. We need a striker now, in the summer we would have much more options, especially if we are in the CL

Why buy him now and loan him back for 6 months when his contract expires in the summer? That way Fulham
get the best of both worlds, they get him for the rest of his contract and a transfer fee. We need a striker now, in the summer we would have much more options, especially if we are in the CL
The rest of my original post was we loan him back if we had another more senior striker coming in too. If that doesn't happen then there is no gain in loaning him back obviously.

The Guardian seems to have the best info on Dembele 2's transfer to Spurs. Given how tight Spurs have become re: leaks, is the club now choosing to work with a better brand of journalists? Or is this more likely to have come from the Fulham side, hoping the Chelseas of this world will slap down an almighty upgrade on Spurs offer?

Is there a backup to Kane we can realistically sign that would fill you with confidence if Kane is not available?

The rest of my original post was we loan him back if we had another more senior striker coming in too. If that doesn't happen then there is no gain in loaning him back obviously.

Really don't think signing two strikers is likely at all. Potential gain in loaning him back is getting the deal done in January, if that's the only way Fulham will deal. The potential of a foreign club striking up a free transfer for him before (or during) the summer or other English clubs coming in to compete for his signature could interfere with our plans if Dembele is the one we really want.

Is there a backup to Kane we can realistically sign that would fill you with confidence if Kane is not available?

Really don't think signing two strikers is likely at all. Potential gain in loaning him back is getting the deal done in January, if that's the only way Fulham will deal. The potential of a foreign club striking up a free transfer for him before (or during) the summer or other English clubs coming in to compete for his signature could interfere with our plans if Dembele is the one we really want.
Well Berahino was the one that came to mind. I'm sure I could come up with a few more options if I had the time to think about it. You could argue how easy or not it would be sign this player or that but it would all be conjecture really.

And I don't think it is likely that we will sign two strikers either. I was just making the point that Dembele, while he might be a good acquisition for the future, is probably not ready to lead the Spurs attack if Kane got injured. He is a young man with minutes of PL experience.

Let me flip this back to you. Assuming this deal goes through for Dembele II, say if Kane did his knee in tomorrow, who would you like to see play as striker for the rest of the season?

Looks like Wayne Veysey has left goal.com for this two bit site:

Tottenham’s pursuit of Mousa Dembele took a new twist on Thursday as it emerged that Fulham have requested a Spurs player in part-exchange, Football Insider sources understand.

Discussions have taken place between the London clubs in the last 24 hours about a deal in which Dembele could move to White Hart Lane for a multi-million pound fee.

Fulham are adamant the 19-year-old striker will not leave Craven Cottage this month unless they secure a replacement.

However, the Championship club are under a transfer embargo this month and can only recruit players on loan rather than permanent deals.

A source close to the situation has told Football Insider that Fulham want a Spurs player and among the names that have been mentioned are playmaker Alex Pritchard and midfielder Harry Winks.

Pritchard, who had a successful loan spell at Brentford last season, has just returned to training after three months out with an ankle injury, while Winks has attracted lots of interest from Championship clubs.

Fulham are keen to secure an agreement for Dembele to join a Premier League club as he is out of contract at the end of the season and can move overseas for a small compensation fee of £300,000.

But they want the Frenchman to remain at Craven Cottage and lead the club’s relegation battle and then move on in the summer when his contract expires.

Dembele also has strong interest from Manchester United, but could secure a better deal from a Continental club, with Juventus and Monaco leading the chase.

Fulham are 19th in the table and just four points above the drop zone, with a young team reliant for goals from 17-goal top scorer McCormack and 11-goal Dembele.

Fulham have rejected a £10million bid from Middlesbrough for McCormack, who was absent from the team’s 1-0 defeat to Hull last Saturday.

It emerged on Thursday that the Cottagers have rejected a transfer request from McCormack, who signed a new contract last August.

In other Tottenham transfer news, Mauricio Pochettino has still not given up hope of enticing Saido Berahino from West Brom.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-loan-player-could-be-included-in-dembele-deal/

Looks like Wayne Veysey has left goal.com for this two bit site:

Tottenham’s pursuit of Mousa Dembele took a new twist on Thursday as it emerged that Fulham have requested a Spurs player in part-exchange, Football Insider sources understand.

Discussions have taken place between the London clubs in the last 24 hours about a deal in which Dembele could move to White Hart Lane for a multi-million pound fee.

Fulham are adamant the 19-year-old striker will not leave Craven Cottage this month unless they secure a replacement.

However, the Championship club are under a transfer embargo this month and can only recruit players on loan rather than permanent deals.

A source close to the situation has told Football Insider that Fulham want a Spurs player and among the names that have been mentioned are playmaker Alex Pritchard and midfielder Harry Winks.

Pritchard, who had a successful loan spell at Brentford last season, has just returned to training after three months out with an ankle injury, while Winks has attracted lots of interest from Championship clubs.

Fulham are keen to secure an agreement for Dembele to join a Premier League club as he is out of contract at the end of the season and can move overseas for a small compensation fee of £300,000.

But they want the Frenchman to remain at Craven Cottage and lead the club’s relegation battle and then move on in the summer when his contract expires.

Dembele also has strong interest from Manchester United, but could secure a better deal from a Continental club, with Juventus and Monaco leading the chase.

Fulham are 19th in the table and just four points above the drop zone, with a young team reliant for goals from 17-goal top scorer McCormack and 11-goal Dembele.

Fulham have rejected a £10million bid from Middlesbrough for McCormack, who was absent from the team’s 1-0 defeat to Hull last Saturday.

It emerged on Thursday that the Cottagers have rejected a transfer request from McCormack, who signed a new contract last August.

In other Tottenham transfer news, Mauricio Pochettino has still not given up hope of enticing Saido Berahino from West Brom.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-loan-player-could-be-included-in-dembele-deal/

I'm not surprised by that and it could be our trump card. £3m and Oduwa and Winks on loan for the rest of the season.

I'm not surprised by that and it could be our trump card. £3m and Oduwa and Winks on loan for the rest of the season.

I wonder if we would even consider sending Onomah there on loan? Likely to not get as many chances towards the business end of the seasons and the cups. A taste of PL football and a good taste of cup football and instructions from Poch. Half a season of regular starts in the Championship could do him a lot of good perhaps...

I wonder if we would even consider sending Onomah there on loan? Likely to not get as many chances towards the business end of the seasons and the cups. A taste of PL football and a good taste of cup football and instructions from Poch. Half a season of regular starts in the Championship could do him a lot of good perhaps...

I wouldn't be against that

I've just come off the phone to OK the deal. Levy is busy working on the transport arrangements to get the team to Colchester tomorrow.

I hope he's learnt how to use Expedia after the fudge up he made of getting the team back from Munich..

I wouldn't be against that

I would be. Obviously I don't really know what's best for his development but he looks so settled and composed when on the pitch, he's a big option for me. With the sheer amount of games coming up I think he'll be very useful, Poch's comments about him early on during the season say a lot about how promising the lad is.

lets say we rooster up the cups and have only PL games left the the time we get to February, in that instance it probably would be much better for him to be out on loan but for the time being with EL and games against Colchester, seeing as he is already in and around the 1st team I'd say keep him there.

Back