• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Lets try this @ sign thing! @milo would you consider playing Dembele as one of the front 3 as our new friend @ozza suggests?

On the left Demeble could get to the by line or get round the back, or cut in field and shoot/ pass. Silly question, he's predominately left footed isn't he?

Lets try this @ sign thing! @milo would you consider playing Dembele as one of the front 3 as our new friend @ozza suggests?

On the left Demeble could get to the by line or get round the back, or cut in field and shoot/ pass. Silly question, he's predominately left footed isn't he?

I'd definitely consider it. My preference would probably be to give N'Jie a start against Bournemouth but there is not much in it and I could understand it if Poch went for Dembele instead.

Like others I was impressed with Dembele vs. Liverpool. At the moment, however, I can't see him retaining one of two CM-spots with the Alli/Dier-partnership starting to look a bit special and Mason and Bentaleb soon back in play.

Despite having the build of a classic DM I've always seen Dembele as more of a central attacking mid, but IMO we need someone with a bit more vision in this area, so Eriksen and Lamela should own this spot. However, as Son and Chadli is out of business for a while, I'm hopeful we will see Dembele more in an wide attacking position in the coming weeks. Although his dribbling to me seems to be better in the centre of the pitch, he could be a real threat to any opposition if he can learn to pull off his tricks and swerves in the wide areas and, crucially, pick the right moments to cross and the right moments to shoot (that's a big if though).

Also, as Poch is trying to work out his best position, I wonder if we'll ever see him deputising for Kane as a striker this season. Our lack of strikers means it's not entirely unrealistic, at least not in EL. I think he's an exciting option, with his mix of physique and skill he could be a nightmare for CBs on a good day.

Anyway, the Liverpool match reminded me of why I have a soft spot for Mousa. He can be frustrating as hell, but when things click and he's bossing around the midfield he's an absolute joy to watch. Hopefully Poch can work out how to best use him and we haven't seen the best of him yet. In any case I think at the very least he is a good squad player for us.

Also: my first post here. Hi guys! Be gentle with me.

Welcome to the board! With posts like that you will always be welcome!!

I of course respect your opinion, and would also agree that perhaps if Pritchard, Oduwa and Edwards make an impact in the next couple of seasons then his appearances may reduce but I don't think we are there yet. And, yes, Lamela et al would probably get in ahead of Dembele in the front 3, but they're not all going to be firing on all cylinders all of the time, and will have their own injuries. I think Dembele would be utilised more than Wanyama over a season on the basis that as well as being able to be Dier's replacement in the team, he is also able to fill a number of other positions. Wanyama would effectively play in only Dier's position. Sure we could move Dier into central defence, but then one of Alderweireld or Vertonghen would move.

I just think for the fee, Wanyama would be a bit of a waste given how well Dier has performed there.

What is interesting is that Dembele is saying that it has taken a year for the team to adapt to Poch's ways. I think this is showing in his performances thus far this season and in a number of others so our "traditional" views on players are being challenged. Long may this continue so long as it only works one way!!

TBH you may well be right there mate...it will come down to whether Poch thinks any of his more versatile squaddies can drop in if necessary. Nabil would be the obvious choice, but his true skills lie in a box-to-box type role, which it is clear Alli is beasting right now and Mason is really good at too. One thing which has come from our conversation has been the fact that compared to this time last year (Capoue Paulinho) we have genuine choices when all are fit, proper pieces of the shape and style Poch wants to play. It is very, very encouraging...and thus even just on that point, your comment on Wanyama could well be sound.

TBH you may well be right there mate...it will come down to whether Poch thinks any of his more versatile squaddies can drop in if necessary. Nabil would be the obvious choice, but his true skills lie in a box-to-box type role, which it is clear Alli is beasting right now and Mason is really good at too. One thing which has come from our conversation has been the fact that compared to this time last year (Capoue Paulinho) we have genuine choices when all are fit, proper pieces of the shape and style Poch wants to play. It is very, very encouraging...and thus even just on that point, your comment on Wanyama could well be sound.

You're right, it is very, very encouraging! We are actually building a very good squad and I think 2-3 players (I think I sound like Arry now) away from a genuine top quality side.

Lets not forget another option. When Dier is back there is also the possibility of Moose playing with him as the two.

Lets face it, it is not quite the double pivot this year with Eric being more an out and out DM and if you think of it the last time someone was that (DM) was when Sandro played and we all probably agree him and Moose made a mighty combo. So Dier and Moose may pair just as well?

(certainly some strength in that pair:))

Lets not forget another option. When Dier is back there is also the possibility of Moose playing with him as the two.

Lets face it, it is not quite the double pivot this year with Eric being more an out and out DM and if you think of it the last time someone was that (DM) was when Sandro played and we all probably agree him and Moose made a mighty combo. So Dier and Moose may pair just as well?

(certainly some strength in that pair:))

Our problem this season is scoring goals, not conceding them. The solution to that is not cutting off the supply.

Let's not forget that Dier can also play centre back and is better than Fazio for example and that may well be needed before the season is out

Would be interesting to see what Poch would do if after the Bournemouth match mason and bentaleb are back, but verts picks up a knock. If Dier automatically move back

Dembele was back to being frustrating tonight. Runs past people for fun then gives the ball away. He is an alternative Jenas, so nearly nearly a great player but not one, just not one.

I thought he was solid enough although for me there were a few good runs tonight that he completely ignored.

I thought he was as bad tonight as he was good against Liverpool. We weren't more open because he went off, we were more open because we went chasing a winner.

I'd have it down at 7th or 8th! I'd have each of Mason, Alli and Bentaleb alongside either Dier or Dembele before I played the two together.

Thought Dier was off the pace tonight also.
But no one played that well - maybe we should put it down to a bad day etc, and move on.

how many bad days at the office are we going to have before it becomes unacceptable?

it was an average anderlect side, and we didn't even deserve to score that one!

Back