• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Only thing worse would be Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is a hole - almost as bad as South London, but it's not a patch on Southampton for general crappiness. People in Portsmouth know who they are - Southampton seems to be the South's capital of fake Burberry and Gucci.

Southampton has a pretty good strip club though.

I believe the opposite.

The whole theory of players refusing to play, having negative attitude, effecting the ream blah blah blah is a lazy theory drummed up by the media which is now taken as a given without any thought. The theory is completely impractical and doesn't take into account that players are normal human beings and not perfect superpowers.
Its all physiological.. during a window off course a players head can be turned when they have the luxury of CHOICE, if you play for a "smaller club like Tottenham" and there is CHOICE to go to Madrid then anything else will not satisfy the player. Once the window shuts however and the luxury of choice is removed and the option is either sit on the bench or play for Spurs every week in the premiership then the players would jump at the chance.

I could leave my job tomorrow with no regret thinking my current workplace is beneath me (which I currently believe) but if I go to a new job but get sacked 6 months later and end up on the street my old previous job which 6 months ago was the worst place on earth would all of a sudden seem heaven for me.

During the summer 2013 Suarez wanted to leave Liverpool more as much as Bale wanted to leave Spurs. End of season......hes awarded player of the year for Liverpool.

Lets stop believing players have a magical hold over clubs. They are employees like me and you and have the same mental makeup which if addressed correctly can work in the favour of the club.

On a separate note

Spurs is not Southampton. We are on the cusp of the big teams and once somebody realises that if we keep our best players then WE could very well be the "big team" that players don't want to leave
The evidence would suggest otherwise. Pretty much every time a bigger club wants a player, he goes. Suarez last season doesn't count because only Arsenal were in for him. As soon as a big club came along he was out of there.

The only times I can think of where top clubs were turned down are when the player prefers to be a big fish in a small pond like Shearer or Le Tissier.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51344-Morgan-s-head-gone/page4#.U-YQaI10y00

Replete with the usual gamut of emotional responses from 'let him rot in the reserves' to 'sack the board'. Football fans eh? Despite our many superficial differences, we're all essentially the same creature. Full of rightful indignation and sanctimony when a bigger fish comes calling for one our players, but suddenly willing to adopt a more pragmatic outlook when it's our club which is doing the courting. I am half-inclined to venture that there may be a wider lesson in there somewhere about human nature in general, but I've done far too much thinking already this morning trying to my hand at the Guardian's cryptic crossword and my head hurts.

What % of players would actually go through with the threat of not playing if they're not sold? A very small percentage would be my guess, most would go the same way as Modric, they'll sulk but then have little choice but to get on with it. Despite money being the main motivator, the majority of players still take pride in their careers and won't want to be sat around at home for half a season or more.

What % of players would actually go through with the threat of not playing if they're not sold? A very small percentage would be my guess, most would go the same way as Modric, they'll sulk but then have little choice but to get on with it. Despite money being the main motivator, the majority of players still take pride in their careers and won't want to be sat around at home for half a season or more.

Agree, but I think it's a game very few clubs have the nerve (or feel they can afford) to play. Even in the Modric situation, laudable as our stance may have been, all we effectively ended up doing was delaying the inevitable by a season.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51344-Morgan-s-head-gone/page4#.U-YQaI10y00

Replete with the usual gamut of emotional responses from 'let him rot in the reserves' to 'sack the board'. Football fans eh? Despite our many superficial differences, we're all essentially the same creature. Full of rightful indignation and sanctimony when a bigger fish comes calling for one our players, but suddenly willing to adopt a more pragmatic outlook when it's our club which is doing the courting. I am half-inclined to venture that there may be a wider lesson in there somewhere about human nature in general, but I've done far too much thinking already this morning trying to my hand at the Guardian's cryptic crossword and my head hurts.
I don't think you've stumbled on any secret there. I want what's best for me, I'm sure you want what's best for you and, by extension, our club. Uncle Fvckers in Southampton want what best for the second biggest club on the South Coast.

I don't think you've stumbled on any secret there. I want what's best for me, I'm sure you want what's best for you and, by extension, our club. Uncle Fvckers in Southampton want what best for the second biggest club on the South Coast.

Indeed, and I certainly didn't intend to suggest that I had somehow unlocked one of life's mysteries. Rather, was just slightly ticked by the overwrought, hyperbolic 'the world's gone to hell/won't somebody think of the children' type handwringing, when what we actually mean is, 'I really hate it when this **** happens to me'.

But moving on, they fvck uncles in Southampton?

Indeed, and I certainly didn't intend to suggest that I had somehow unlocked one of life's mysteries. Rather, was just slightly ticked by the overwrought, hyperbolic 'the world's gone to hell/won't somebody think of the children' type handwringing, when what we actually mean is, 'I really hate it when this **** happens to me'.

But moving on, they fvck uncles in Southampton?
It's all a little inbred. You can tell by the accent - they live in a city in the South East but sound like Devon farmers.

Agree, but I think it's a game very few clubs have the nerve (or feel they can afford) to play. Even in the Modric situation, laudable as our stance may have been, all we effectively ended up doing was delaying the inevitable by a season.

and we would have qualified for the top table if not for a freakish set of results, iirc.

I hear Chichester is a right hole that makes Pompey look like the Ritz :p

I no longer reside there so I totally agree.

To be fair it's a nice town Chichester and Id be surprised if there were any remotely bad bits.

Southampton's alright, I normally have no reason to go to the remotely ropey parts. Bland but certainly not the dive Scara finds it to be!
Chichester has no bad bits, although it does have a road that joins it to Bognor (I plan to destroy this road as soon as I can work out how), so on giro day some of the visitors are less than the expected standard around here.

The whole city (we have a cathedral don't you know :) ) is under a conservation order which is apparently a way of avoiding developers having to build low cost housing.

Apparently we're building a museum to JGL's dungeons where some of the world's most depraved acts were performed.

Chichester has no bad bits, although it does have a road that joins it to Bognor (I plan to destroy this road as soon as I can work out how), so on giro day some of the visitors are less than the expected standard around here.

The whole city (we have a cathedral don't you know :) ) is under a conservation order which is apparently a way of avoiding developers having to build low cost housing.

Apparently we're building a museum to JGL's dungeons where some of the world's most depraved acts were performed.

Some of them??

try all of them:p

Back