• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

More attacks on Spurs fans.

3DSpur

Bobby Mimms
More anti-Semitic flimflam no doubt...

Tottenham Hotspur fans 'attacked in Lyon bar'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21528416

Reports that Tottenham fans were attacked in a bar in the French city of Lyon on the eve of their side's Europa League tie are being investigated by the Foreign Office.

Three fans were said to have been taken to hospital after a group of men in balaclavas smashed the pub's windows.

Other people are believed to have been hurt by flying glass.

Lyon-based journalist Alexander Aucott said the windows were smashed with tables and chairs from another bar.

Foreign Office officials later confirmed they were looking into reports of the attack, which took place nearly 24 hours before the game, in the last 32 stage of the tournament. Tottenham won the first-leg of the tie 2-1 at their White Hart Lane ground last Thursday.

Sports journalist Christian Radnedge, who was in the bar - an English-style pub called the Smoking Dog Pub - told BBC Radio 5 Live the men gave Nazi salutes before launching the attack.

Mr Radnedge said he did not believe the men were Lyon fans.

Police in Lyon did not provide any details of the events at the bar when contacted by the BBC.

No evidence of anti semitisim from what ive heard - after Lazio it's now going to come up whenever Spurs are involved in trouble on the continent.

Nazi salutes aren't evidence of anti-semitism?

Interesting..

A few idiots throwing salutes because they know of Spurs' Jewish connection does not make this an anti semitic attack.

It could have been based on that but i very much doubt it (going by what i have heard from my mate who is there and got caught up in it last night) -'pub windows getting smashed' isnt much of a story for the media but 'Spurs fans in another facist attack' certainly is - funny that it's a Journalist Spurs fan at the center providing all the quotes as well. . .

Anyway silly thing to argue about, hope everyone out there stays safe

Last edited:
A few idiots throwing salutes because they know of Spurs' Jewish connection does not make this an anti semitic attack.

It could have been based on that but i very much doubt it (going by what i have heard from my mate who is there and got caught up in it last night) -'pub windows getting smashed' isnt much of a story for the media but 'Spurs fans in another facist attack' certainly is - funny that it's a Journalist Spurs fan at the center providing all the quotes as well. . .

:lol:

It's a simple point Wriggly Im sure even you might be able to grasp it if you tried hard enough

Hope everyone are alright.

Stories like these always make me cringe, people who attack other people like this are just a waste of oxygen.

hello
i live in israel and we are with you
we love you from israel

Anyway silly thing to argue about, hope everyone out there stays safe

So you are of the opinion they are being anti-semetic because they are attacking spurs fans, rather than they are attacking spurs fans because they are anti-semetic?

Not buying that, if that was the case why attack the spurs fans to begin with? There is no motive.

Found this on twitter somewhere, really poor quality though....

[video=youtube;JeL-1JibhV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeL-1JibhV8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Could just be a case of people wanting to test their metal against the English. Arsenal got attacked in Rome a few years ago. A lot of people still view English fans as thugs and probably always will.

English football fans tend to be soft and genteel middle-class types nowadays who are petrified of their own shadow whereas in the past even if fans weren't hooligans they wouldn't be such easy prey for cowardly thugs.

As such English fans are seen as easy pickings for European fans whose own national games haven't been gentrified to the magnified extent as our Americanised, over-sanitised popcorn popping experience known as the Premier League.

Listen, they weren't fascists, unless Moroccans are fascists now too and from what I saw of some of these Lyon thug types strutting around there were quite a few of this persuasion and I don't think they'd be welcomed with open arms by the French National Front somehow.

Listen, they were just thugs and it may not be nice to hear it but the world is full of them, some of them paid for by our own taxes to go and be thugs in other countries around the world.

The world isn't a Disneyfied Premier League franchise of welcoming gooey marshmallow and rainbow coloured popsicles. Some people don't like English people, some people don't like Tottenham supporters and some people just don't like anyone drinking in 'their' town centre and having a good time.

Some people are macarons yes. Welcome to planet Earth. It happens.

Some foreign fans seem to hold onto this strange idea that English fans are 'best hooligans' or that we're all hooligans, when the reality is that most of us now, whatever class we're in, just want to go to and come back from the game in peace, have a few drinks, maybe a pre-match burger and that's it.

But we are unfortunately still targeted by people who want to test themselves or who hate the English.

Back