• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moral Dilemma

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
Went into a butchers today. The one we usually go to 2/3 times a week is closed for a fortnight so had to go elsewhere. Not local but not far from our place.

Anyway, ordered 2 pounds of sausages and 4 minted lamb skewer kebab things. £1.50 each plus £6.50 for the sausages £12.50 in total.

Thought the bag was a bit heavy but thought nothing more of it til I got home. Opened the bag and got the sausages out first and saw two bags left!! Inside, not the skewers I'd ordered, there were 3 massive cuts of steak and the other bag contained 4 absolutely gigantic chicken breasts off the bone.

After my erection had died down I thought about what to do.

Still haven't decided!!! Cooked the sausages tonight (and got some in French bread for tomorrows lunch at work!) but what should I do with the steaks/chicken???

It's 4 lovely FREE meals for me, the missus and the boy but on the flip side it's wrong! Even though they look fudging amazing!!!

????

Just eat it. You aint a regular there so you dont have to see them again plus they messed up your order and you never got the lamb skewer that you wanted.

I doubt they would accept it back as you could have tinkled on it for all they know. You never asked for it so no need to pay for it. Their fault, not a lot you can do now.

Take it back, firstly it's the right thing to do, secondly they might have been the throw bag for whatever reason (and I would not gamble with meat! Although I'm vegi, but you get what I mean). Or Phone them, they will probably apologise and say to keep it if you are happy with that, especially if it's out of your way to take them back.

The misses just got sent a perfume pack for winning a style contest thingy, but they sent another one in error a couple of weeks later (last week) so I persuaded her to contact them about their error, because it's the right way to be.

Last edited:
Take it back, firstly it's the right thing to do, secondly they might have been the throw bag for whatever reason (and I would not gamble with meat! Although I'm vegi, but you get what I mean).

The misses just got sent a perfume pack for winning a style contest thingy, but they sent another one in error a couple of weeks later (last week) so I persuaded her to contact them about their error, because it's the right way to be.

Yeah because all local butchers accept meat back 24 hours after it left their shop. Its not the right thing to do, he shouldnt have to go out of his way for their mistake, a mistake in which he never even got what he wanted. Its a mistake that costs the butcher a few pounds, not hundreds or thousands.

As for your misses, she never contacted them its hidden under the bed just in case they contact her. Otherwise will be used after a certain amount of time.

There is a thing called a telephone, ring them.

Ask if they want it back, say you didn't realise until you set about cooking later that evening.

IMO they will say keep it. Conscious clear

Yeah because all local butchers accept meat back 24 hours after it left their shop. Its not the right thing to do, he shouldnt have to go out of his way for their mistake, a mistake in which he never even got what he wanted. Its a mistake that costs the butcher a few pounds, not hundreds or thousands.

As for your misses, she never contacted them its hidden under the bed just in case they contact her. Otherwise will be used after a certain amount of time.

Golfball, not everyone is morally bankrupt like your thinking suggests, she has contacted them, I'm hopeful it was an honesty challenge though as the main prize is 4K which they announce tomorrow! (the perfume sets were weekly prizes). It will be sold on Ebay if they say to keep it, like the last set (It's 'Police - To Be' brand).

I'd edited the post to add to call them after you quoted it...

It's definitely good meat no doubt about that. Not on the way out at all would last til Wednesday at least. They can't accept it back surely if I took it back tomorrow?!? I reckon it comes to about £15.00 at a guess?

Just keep it

Like Golfball says, they can't take it back. Its unhygienic

Buy them a bottle of whisky at Christmas if you feel guilty

I was walking along the train last week on the way back from victoria could not find a seat till we got to eaast croydon anyway im about to seat down and this young black chap calls out "oh mate you dropped your wallet"

I was very happy and thanked him warmly(not like that you dirty sods) it put me in a good mood, i have done similar for others in the past. If we all did things for other people the country would be in a better mood. Sometimes it is good to think about others before yourself, you get to feel good about yourself and you improve the state of the nation.

Golfball, not everyone is morally bankrupt like your thinking suggests, she has contacted them, I'm hopeful it was an honesty challenge though as the main prize is 4K which they announce tomorrow! (the perfume sets were weekly prizes). It will be sold on Ebay if they say to keep it, like the last set (It's 'Police - To Be' brand).

I'd edited the post to add to call them after you quoted it...

With the stakes so low, its not really a moral issue. Its just a little bonus, you win some you lose some. And maybe your misses won the weekly prize again. I wouldnt bother in either case contacting them, more hassle than its worth.

I bought something off of ebay from someone who obviously runs a business on there, was an mp3 player but they sent a sat nav worth double the value. Checking his ebay shop page it said "any errors or returns must be within 28 days" .... I thought thats ok, I'll follow his rule. Put it aside for 28 days and if he contacted me saying he had sent the wrong item, id return it, if not I could do with one. He never. I left him positive feedback.

I was walking along the train last week on the way back from victoria could not find a seat till we got to eaast croydon anyway im about to seat down and this young black chap calls out "oh mate you dropped your wallet"

I was very happy and thanked him warmly(not like that you dirty sods) it put me in a good mood, i have done similar for others in the past. If we all did things for other people the country would be in a better mood. Sometimes it is good to think about others before yourself, you get to feel good about yourself and you improve the state of the nation.

Hope you gave him a drink.. tenner or something. Saved you alot of hassle. Or maybe that special picture you keep in the wallet.

It's definitely good meat no doubt about that. Not on the way out at all would last til Wednesday at least. They can't accept it back surely if I took it back tomorrow?!? I reckon it comes to about £15.00 at a guess?

Personally, I would go in, explain the situation to them and offer them the money. I understand the temptation mate, but in fairness, it would be the decent thing to do.

:oops:

Earlier this year, I ordered, through Amazon, a new LG 26 inch flat screen for my boys re-decorated bedroom.
I paid a few quid extra for a specific express delivery.

By 5pm that night, despite e-mails saying it was on the way, it didn't arrive, so got on phone to both Amazon and the delivery company........it had left main distributors the night before, but did not appear at the local delivery depot. So Amazon person said it appeared to have "been lost in transit" (stolen, he admitted was likely).

Replacement ordered for delivery 3 days later.

Next day, guess what arrived?

Two days later, guess what arrived?

So, both boys now have nice shiny new flatscreens. For the price of one.

I guess you could call it one back for the little person, after all the crap we have to put up with at times.

:oops:

Earlier this year, I ordered, through Amazon, a new LG 26 inch flat screen for my boys re-decorated bedroom.
I paid a few quid extra for a specific express delivery.

By 5pm that night, despite e-mails saying it was on the way, it didn't arrive, so got on phone to both Amazon and the delivery company........it had left main distributors the night before, but did not appear at the local delivery depot. So Amazon person said it appeared to have "been lost in transit" (stolen, he admitted was likely).

Replacement ordered for delivery 3 days later.

Next day, guess what arrived?

Two days later, guess what arrived?

So, both boys now have nice shiny new flatscreens. For the price of one.

I guess you could call it one back for the little person, after all the crap we have to put up with at times.

*Devil's advocate cloak on*
The driver on that route will have been fined/suspended/fired for that loss, based on the depot he worked for (Even though it was clearly his company's **** up

A wallet should be an absolute given. I always give my parking tickets to someone if they have a decent amount of time left and in turn when I'm heading into town on a Friday, I quite often manage to grab a free travel card that someone has left on top of the machine at the back exit to the station.

I have sinned and still live on, here are my confessions:

- bought a 6-pack of beers and the cashier somehow managed to charge me for just 1 beer. I rightly walked away smiling, I've bought enough beers to get a few free ones.

- Was buying a pair of swimming goggles, a pair of socks and some roller blades in Nice. ended up paying €30 or something for the lot, even though the blades, which the cashier forgot to scan, was €150 or something. It was a big warehouse and I saw it as a gift from France. I buy their wine, I get some roller blades in return. The blades did prove to be treacherous/cursed though, and caused me some bruising's later on.

Back