• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mohamed-Ali Cho

I see the fee being quoted is around 16m.

seems high for someone who’s hardly managed to play for angers this season.

We need players for now, not another one for the future who may or may not step up to PL level in a few years

It looks like there might be something in these links. He's very raw, I wouldn't be surprised if we loaned him out immediately

https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/mohamed-ali-cho-transfer-talks-open-late-january-flourish

A bit to raw. Feels like those French wingers we brought a few years ago.

Either we sign them before they have played a first team game or after they have played enough to really stand out. Thinking the Livermonto type player at Southampton.

This Mohamed chap sounds like to much of a punt at this point.

A bit to raw. Feels like those French wingers we brought a few years ago.

Either we sign them before they have played a first team game or after they have played enough to really stand out. Thinking the Livermonto type player at Southampton.

This Mohamed chap sounds like to much of a punt at this point.

I'd like to know a bit more about his spell at Everton and why he left. Experience of English football makes him a bit less of a risk.

Far too much Moneyball for my liking especially when considering our history with players from Ligue 1. The success rate is far too low. Would prefer us signing a player from league one for that much, someone young and has actually delivered performances.

Far too much Moneyball for my liking especially when considering our history with players from Ligue 1. The success rate is far too low. Would prefer us signing a player from league one for that much, someone young and has actually delivered performances.

Our kid who was on loan at Notts County sounded better.

Our kid who was on loan at Notts County sounded better.

We should have given more opportunities to some of our players in the past. Noni Madueke would be good for us, if he hadn’t moved on.

I understand that sometimes players aren’t at the needed level to transition but even if sub appearances, we need to start utilising our youth players more. Start to show we will give opportunities to those that deserve them.

This may keep players with us longer, and may attract youth players to join the club who believe that they will be given those opportunities.

Maybe this targeted player has huge potential, maybe he will be a bargain at that price. I’m just thinking of our overall tactic. Not as if the youth players could be worse at times than some of the performances we have seen from our more experienced players.

We should have given more opportunities to some of our players in the past. Noni Madueke would be good for us, if he hadn’t moved on.

I understand that sometimes players aren’t at the needed level to transition but even if sub appearances, we need to start utilising our youth players more. Start to show we will give opportunities to those that deserve them.

This may keep players with us longer, and may attract youth players to join the club who believe that they will be given those opportunities.

Maybe this targeted player has huge potential, maybe he will be a bargain at that price. I’m just thinking of our overall tactic. Not as if the youth players could be worse at times than some of the performances we have seen from our more experienced players.
We've given plenty of our youth players opportunities, 4 of the team against Chelsea on Sunday came through the youth system.
If they're good enough they'll get game time. Those that did get time in the cup games this season have shown that they are not ready yet.

I can't think of anyone we've signed from French football besides Lloris who hasn't been a complete flop. Njie, Nkoudou, Ndombele, Capoue, Stambouli. Lucas has been decent for us, of course. But most of the guys we sign from there seem to be far below the needed level.

Back